Proposal: Philly and Montréal are ideal trade partners. Let's make things work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
Price is worth more than Konecny.
The fact that Flyers say No is hilarious. 8-5 loss today and out of the playoffs.

Solid goaltending is the only way this team makes it to the 2nd round of playoffs. Not a player like Konecny.

It's an illusion. Time when goalies alone won cups are over. NJ and Brodeur's time is over. Habs management can't accept that. You need scoring power, skating, talent.

Reactions: Devonator

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Price is far from the best goalie in the league. I think he'll rebound but not worth it for Philly or pretty much any other team.
Flyers defense is more of a problem right now.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Price is worth more than Konecny.
The fact that Flyers say No is hilarious. 8-5 loss today and out of the playoffs.

Solid goaltending is the only way this team makes it to the 2nd round of playoffs. Not a player like Konecny.
I guess you haven't paid much attention to Price's stats this year. And his play is evidence of those numbers. He was not solid rather bad as in awful. Philly needs Carter Hart. Keep Price and let him build up some value if possible. Selling low is a bad idea and the Flyers have many other options.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Pretty sure that's the same thing? Except it isn't

The contract, not what was said, obviously. The Flyers need to wait for Carter Hart and hope he or Sandstrom pan out. If we target a goalie, Price is likely nowhere near the top of the list.
This draft has a few good goalies. I see you guys drafting Donstal or Skarek.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Are people just going to ignore how awful the defense was in front of Neuvirth today? Like the 3 goals I remember can be blamed squarely on Gudas and Provorov.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Are people just going to ignore how awful the defense was in front of Neuvirth today? Like the 3 goals I remember can be blamed squarely on Gudas and Provorov.
Yeah, Gudas was terrible and the reason for those 2 goals. Provorov definitely was to blame for that one goal, but he gets a pass from us because he was obviously playing very hurt.

Outside of Ghost/Provorov/Sanheim, our defense is garbage

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Silly me for thinking a thread called ''Let's make things work'' would incite fan bases to try an find a common ground with also the insights of others posters, rather than it turning it a pissfest

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
This thread proposal is from a Montreal fan. Flyer fans have politely and continuously said "no thank you." Habs fans seem to get upset when value and contract come up. Also the majority of Montreal fans will admit Price looked disinterested.
A cheaper option for Philly with similar risk but past success would be Schneider.

Last edited by a moderator:

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Silly me for thinking a thread called ''Let's make things work'' would incite fan bases to try an find a common ground with also the insights of others posters, rather than it turning it a pissfest

Lets make things work while proposing a trade of a 10.5 million goalie that the other team does not want is bound to end in a pissing match.

I suggest you ask for offers from the 30 other teams. Lets see if someone could make things work.

Btw i'm amazed you think Price is only worth Konecny.

dbaz

Jan 29, 2010
It's gonna take a 20-30% reduction on that salary, along with probably a cap dump going back to have teams really interested.
Also with Hart coming along in 2 to 3 years and their other prospects I don't see Philly interested

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Theres nothing to make work.

1) Carter Hart is the future of the flyers.
2) Flyers aren't a win now team. If they were, they wouldn't have traded Schenn.
3) Flyers cant afford Prices contract long term.

Again, theres no deal to be made.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

The problem is that there is no way to make Price to Philly work. You’re starting from a flawed premise, and displaying a lack of understanding of the Flyers’ timeline, prospect pool, and future cap situation.

Our goaltending solution is going to come from within. It will probably be Carter Hart, though others prefer Felix Sandstrom or Kirill Ustimenko, and there are those who haven’t lost faith in Anthony Stolarz, Alex Lyon, and Matej Tomek. If Hexy wants to make some noise in the postseason before one of our prospects takes the reins, he’ll acquire a stopgap guy, and that stopgap would have to be concretely better than Elliott, Neuvirth, or Mrazek; otherwise, we’re wasting assets. Montréal doesn’t have that kind of guy. Frankly, I’m not sure anyone does, except possibly Washington if they’re ready to move ahead with Grubauer.

If Philly and Montréal are going to make a deal, it’ll be a smaller one that results in Philly adding a depth forward. That’s the hole in our roster the Habs are in a position to patch.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Look at Price's numbers in front of a bad defense. Would be the same in Philly.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Flyers will not trade Konecny.
Konecny should have stayed on first line with Giroux and Couturier. 2nd line of Patrick, Voracek and Lindblom was improving.
Finished the year with Lindblom in press box and Filppula as 1c. Go figure.
Agree that Konecny is not a likely candidate in a trade.

Philly has Simmonds available people. 1st and a b prospect/young bottom 6 seems right.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Hab fans please quit...Price is untradable with that contract......we do not want him....we have Carter Hart coming on board in a year or so.....Honest hab fans know if they could give Carey away for free right now they would do it....just a stunningly horrible contract of a player that is showing signs of declining now.....

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
They know the contract is bad. They ask the moon for him and go on about how great he is, but trade forum is full of Carey Price threads and not a one of them is started by another team wanting him. Its all Habs fans trying to dump him

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
They know the contract is bad. They ask the moon for him and go on about how great he is, but trade forum is full of Carey Price threads and not a one of them is started by another team wanting him. Its all Habs fans trying to dump him
True. But most threads now are way down on returning value. But got to agree on retention before discussing return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->