OT: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
You'll never believe this but they lost to the Braves. 12-17 against the NL East. They must have a .350 record against the division in the last 10 years

Wait til they find out about the tobacco spit in the infield!

On a related note, it does seem like tobacco use is way down in baseball. Maybe it's all of the alternatives available now, but you hardly ever see guys with a monster lip anymore lol.
Hasn't it been banned in MLB for a few years?

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Hasn't it been banned in MLB for a few years?
I thought I saw Jose Ramirez with a chaw just a few days ago? Maybe it was snus? Of course it could just be a wad of something else...gum, seeds, etc

On a related note, it does seem like tobacco use is way down in baseball. Maybe it's all of the alternatives available now, but you hardly ever see guys with a monster lip anymore lol.
Use is going way down in the general public with each generation now that all the health risks are plainly acknowledged, just like cigs. Relieved to see it spill into younger ballplayers too.

Picturing those enormous horseshoes though...lol

Reactions: FLYguy3911

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
One of the things I kept reading when they signed Castellanos is that when he gets hot, he can carry a team. Well if thats true, theyll need that from him in July.
Winker and Castellanos did that for a good period of last season with the Reds.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
They are who we thought they were

Losing the possible MVP for what could be the next 6 or so weeks certainly stings badly but they still have the parts to make the playoffs but trader Dave needs to get them some help unless he thinks this year is a write off due to Harper and thinks he can add the parts in the off-season via FA and trades as he's got to build a contender while Harper/Wheeler are at their best or his window could be gone unless Painter/Abel/McGarry/Brown turn into something big in the majors and they hit on some bats.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
12 runs in the first 4 innings? ****ers trying to put down that football and want me to think I can kick it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad