Pre-Game Talk: Philadelphia Flyers vs New York Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punxrocknyc19*

Some people are just poor fighters. Boyle's more effective doing other things, and I'd right he not just fight because he's 6-7.

no i understand but most of the time he fights, its for sticking up for a teammate but when he gets his ass kicked, it gives momentum to the other team.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@stevezipay: AV said Kreider was injured in Columbus, which means he played two games with it”

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
no i understand but most of the time he fights, its for sticking up for a teammate but when he gets his ass kicked, it gives momentum to the other team.

True, but at the same time, many people here will complain that nobody sticks up for anybody. Boyle will usually stick up for teammates he's just not very good at fighting, however the message he's sending to his teammates regardless is that he has their backs.

Punxrocknyc19*

True, but at the same time, many people here will complain that nobody sticks up for anybody. Boyle will usually stick up for teammates he's just not very good at fighting, however the message he's sending to his teammates regardless is that he has their backs.

this is true and i respect Boyle for doing that since no one else cares enough to, but does losing a fighting although while trying give the Rangers any momentum??

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
this is true and i respect Boyle for doing that since no one else cares enough to, but does losing a fighting although while trying give the Rangers any momentum??

I don't even remember him ever even fighting. Not that I want him to, he is valueable on the 4th line withou his fists.

AHB*

Miller was absolutely fantastic in his last two NHL stints. Simply couldn't stick due to our depth on RW and Center. I know people will call me crazy, but I think he's going to be a good sparkplug for this team going forward.

Kreider has been very meh of late. I don't think it's as bad a trade-off as some are making it out to be.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
No question Miller is the most NHL ready of our youngsters. He also has the right amount of physicality to play on the 3rd line.

I don't think he'll be sent down again.

AHB*

No question Miller is the most NHL ready of our youngsters. He also has the right amount of physicality to play on the 3rd line.

I don't think he'll be sent down again.

I don't think he should have been sent down the last two times either but when you're depth at his two positions looks like

C:
Stepan
Brass
Richards

RW:
MSL
Nash
Zucc

It's tough to fit him in right now, but I think he's been ready since that second stint he had at center. The last one when he took Zucc's spot on the RW, was also very promising.

Kids going to be a good player and I think his time is now. Excited to see him, although not happy that it comes at the expense of Kreider.

AHB*

are hockey players not allowed to get flu shots or something

I've been asking this forever haha. But i think it's headcolds, I don't think it's the actual flu (at least the majority of the time).

The flu would put you out for a week possibly more.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
are hockey players not allowed to get flu shots or something

They call it the flu cause saying he has the runs won't be cleared by the PR department.

They called it a stomach flu / stomach virus for Dorse, I'm just guessing they all have the same bug. Also, there are som many variations of influenza, there is no guarantee even with a flu shot.

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
Looks like these are the lines tonight according to practice:

Nash - Stepan - MSL
Hagelin - Richards - Pouliot
Miller - Brassard - Zucc
Boyle - Moore - Dorsett

AHB*

They call it the flu cause saying he has the runs won't be cleared by the PR department.

They called it a stomach flu / stomach virus for Dorse, I'm just guessing they all have the same bug. Also, there are som many variations of influenza, there is no guarantee even with a flu shot.

Yup, but it's still like +60% so it's rather effective.

I had the flu 12 years ago and have gotten a shot every year since. Never had the flu again.

nyjetblue

Nov 12, 2013
A stomach virus and influenza are two entirely different things. They are using the word "flu" incorrectly. The vaccine has no effect on a stomach virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad