Pre-Game Talk: Philadelphia Flyers vs New York Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Flyers are red hot and playing playoff hockey lately whilst we've won 4 in a row without really playing great..

Something's got to give in this one..

We need our key players to show up tonight..

Only game that we didn't play that well was the Ottawa game and we scored 8. I don't know what you want from the team.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
He's 3rd on the team in Hits.

Yes, I know. I was disagreeing with the poster who said he's physically useless.

I really think that people who call Boyle soft are very off base and always have been. They see a guy his size and expect him to truck people like Lucic and fight like Chara. The guy came up in the NCAA, fighting is just not his game.

What is his game is wearing down the opponent by finishing every check, solid face-offs, very good and fearless shot blocking and solid defensive zone play. I've always been a fan of Boyle.

The guy finishes every single check that he can. I really am dumbfounded by him being called physically useless. You don't have to murder people with every check, nor do you have the fight them to be a physical presence.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Exactly what I mean. It's like Rangers fans want to show how tough they are. I remember reading on facebook what a travesty it was that we traded Rupp. My best friend's brother was one of these and he was also complaining about us signing Zucc the 2nd time.

Edit: Did we give him a new contract or did he just leave the NHL and come back on the old contract?

He didn't have a contract to come back on, so we gave him a new one. He rejected a 2-way qo before bolting to Russia.

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
Yes, I know. I was disagreeing with the poster who said he's physically useless.

I really think that people who call Boyle soft are very off base and always have been. They see a guy his size and expect him to truck people like Lucic and fight like Chara. The guy came up in the NCAA, fighting is just not his game.

What is his game is wearing down the opponent by finishing every check, solid face-offs, very good and fearless shot blocking and solid defensive zone play. I've always been a fan of Boyle.

The guy finishes every single check that he can. I really am dumbfounded by him being called physically useless. You don't have to murder people with every check, nor do you have the fight them to be a physical presence.

Amen. Boyle continue to be the most underrated player on the team. He's having a really good season!

sark76

Oct 9, 2011
Pripyat Marshes
One thing is for sure....you play Carcillo tonight. Look, Dorset has been playing great but after seeing what Carbomb did to Wayne Simmonds last game...you gotta play him and get him mins. This is going to be a highly emotional game and we need all of our highly emotional players. Hope Angry Nash and Ornery Zuccarello are in he lineup too.

I'd love to have Haley for this game too.

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com
One thing is for sure....you play Carcillo tonight. Look, Dorset has been playing great but after seeing what Carbomb did to Wayne Simmonds last game...you gotta play him and get him mins. This is going to be a highly emotional game and we need all of our highly emotional players. Hope Angry Nash and Ornery Zuccarello are in he lineup too.

Agree with you except for the last part...just play our system..."they can't hit us if they can't catch us" -Herb brooks

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
What a bizarre year. This is the last 4 point game of the season (unless we win a bunch and Montreal completely tanks) and there are 8 games after it.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Is this the most important game of the season?

Maybe not the most important but the most impactful with the exception of the columbus game.

If we lose, it's almost a sure thing that we'd play Philidelphia with a seeded finish. If we win, our odds of a seeded finish go up, and we substantially improve the chances of Columbus or Washington to take over that #3 spot.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island

Last game, Simmonds scored and had an assist. I'd prefer something different...

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I can admit boyle has been playing very well as of late. I still disagree on the hitting part, though. He finishes his checks, sure. But not anywhere near he should be for his size and thats what really Irks me.

NYROrtsFan

Feb 1, 2007
I can admit boyle has been playing very well as of late. I still disagree on the hitting part, though. He finishes his checks, sure. But not anywhere near he should be for his size and thats what really Irks me.

It's amazing that bigger players are expected to do so much just because of their size. Take the guys for what they are and determine whether they are worth having around or not. Boyle finishes checks and there's not many guys on this team who do that. Not only that, but Boyle has proven that he's a very good playoff player and that is gold.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Very important, pivotal game on many levels. We could be looking at a preview of the first round for one. Philly exploiting a considerable physical edge against this Ranger team is almost certain for another. That should be obvious quickly. Philly will try to take away space and beat the Rangers up along the boards, the corners and in front of the net. I expect this to be in your face relentless. Hartnell & Co. will remind all of us why we hate them so much.

It will be interesting to see if the Rangers can counter with their speed & skill. It's been done to death, but sick or well, MSL simply has to be a factor tonight.

The long running argument on this board about how a true cup contender need be balanced (physical play vs skill play) will never be more apparent than tonight I suspect.

Punxrocknyc19*

It's amazing that bigger players are expected to do so much just because of their size. Take the guys for what they are and determine whether they are worth having around or not. Boyle finishes checks and there's not many guys on this team who do that. Not only that, but Boyle has proven that he's a very good playoff player and that is gold.

and Boyle sticks up for teammates although has to be the worst fighter for his size.. dont give me that crap that he came out of college program.. that is just an excuse. George Parros also came out of the college program...

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Not Eric Lindros = physically useless.

Boyle puts in the effort every night, go hate on the guys that disappear and make like 5 times as much as him.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
and Boyle sticks up for teammates although has to be the worst fighter for his size.. dont give me that crap that he came out of college program.. that is just an excuse. George Parros also came out of the college program...

Some people are just poor fighters. Boyle's more effective doing other things, and I'd right he not just fight because he's 6-7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad