Pre-Game Talk: Philadelphia Flyers vs New York Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punxrocknyc19*

will Stepan and St.Louis sit out or play tomorrow?
will both Dorsett and Carcillo play?
will Haggerty play his 1st NHL game?
will Falk play for Diaz due to the Flyers size factor up front?
will Diaz play his 3rd straight game?

any ideas or hints of the lineup for tomorrow?

im guessing Lundqvist back in net.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Lundqvist needs to play this game.

I wouldn't make any roster changes if we don't have to.

Really hope Stepan + St. Louis can play.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Lundqvist needs to play this game.

I wouldn't make any roster changes if we don't have to.

Really hope Stepan + St. Louis can play.

Seconded. Though, the last time we played the Flyers Carcillo had them preoccupied. Could see AV going for Carcillo over Dorsett, despite the effectiveness of DD's game last night.

Last week, the CBJ game was the biggest of the season. This week, this game is the biggest game of the season.

Two points in regulation will go a long way in locking down home ice advantage.

Talk about a playoff preview.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
will Stepan and St.Louis sit out or play tomorrow?
will both Dorsett and Carcillo play?
will Haggerty play his 1st NHL game?
will Falk play for Diaz due to the Flyers size factor up front?
will Diaz play his 3rd straight game?

any ideas or hints of the lineup for tomorrow?

im guessing Lundqvist back in net.

I think they should be feeling better tomorrow. I don't think Dorsett plays if Stepan and St. Louis play. Haggerty? No idea. Diaz all the way.

BarbaraAlphanse

My guess is that Carcillo laces them up tomorrow against HIS former team. AV used that passion against CBJ w Dors. Carcillo was involved in both of the last 2 games.

Klein got banged up last night, wonder if Falk will play in his stead?

No Moore vs. Schenn rematch :(.

I'm expecting a UFC match tmrw.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
My guess is that Carcillo laces them up tomorrow against HIS former team. AV used that passion against CBJ w Dors. Carcillo was involved in both of the last 2 games.

Klein got banged up last night, wonder if Falk will play in his stead?

No Moore vs. Schenn rematch :(.

I'm expecting a UFC match tmrw.

They ran all over us last time. Maybe we do see Dorsett, Carcillo & Falk?

BarbaraAlphanse

They ran all over us last time. Maybe we do see Dorsett, Carcillo & Falk?

Unless someone is sick, that 4th line won't be ruined again. AV experimented with both of them in at the same time and it went from a fantastic 4th line to one that was a detriment to the team's success.

I don't think AV wants to get into a boxing match. He's gonna ask his players to do more. Nash and Poo were the guys that stood up and fought last game. Let's see if Giroux and Nash go at it.

Simmonds will likely be all over the ice, as will Hartnell. Kreider will have to increase his physicality. Boyle will too. Dorsett/Carcillo will have to go above their normal lines of duty. If Klein can't go, Falk has no problem getting physical.

I think the game will be nasty. Both teams are fighting for the same spot. It'll be desperation from both.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Yes, yessss.....lets play Haggerty in a crucial against a team that will likely be our 1st round opponent. That makes a ton of sense.

Kreider-Stepan-MSL

That's the line I want to see tomorrow. No more MSL with Zucc and Brassard. Nothing against those two, he just doesn't fit with them.

Henrik in tomorrow and Talbot on friday.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Big game, this is pretty much a battle for home ice advantage in round 1. I still think the Columbus game was bigger but this is a big one too. Flyers manhandled the Rangers last time, we need an answer to their size advantage

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Gonna be a tough one. Need to get the mojo goin' 24 hours in advance.

Winnie-Cooper.jpg

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I'd bet that Step and MSL will be back in decent shape for the game, assuming that they had the same thing myself and a bunch of people I know in the area have had the last week or two. Felt like death for a day, then a day of recovery, then back to normal. Plus, they have access to some of the best doctors available, which could speed things up.

I'd really like to ride out some different lines. I still want to see MSL get extended time, like a game at least, with one of Kreider or Nash on his line. That line with he and Zucc and Brass seems a little like they don't know what their roles are within the line. Everyone is trying to be the setup man. Everyone is trying to be the shooter. I know it's not as simple as player X passes to player Y every time, but I think it'd do some good to have a clear shooter on the line with St Louis. It could create some confusion as well and leave him open for some shots.

Gotta play Hank this game.

Should be one of the best games of the year. It'll be intense, there's no question about that, and this team suddenly seems to thrive in those situations. The Devils thought they could throw them off playing tough, but it really just seemed to pump them up.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Home ice has disadvantaged the Rangers this year.

Bigger thing for me, is I'd rather force the Flyers down, get further clear of the wild card spots, and have a better chance of playing a more beatable opponent like Washington.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
id like to end the season on a 13 game winning streak. we will have to win this game to do so. 4-1 rangers. mcdonagh 1st star.

justanomade

Norwegian
May 25, 2012
Bergen, Norway
Zukes has been a little bit anonymous of late. He needs to step it up the last games. I liked the Zuccarello - Brassard - Nash line last night. Has potential.

Crazed Beaver

Jul 3, 2012
Swamp
It would be silly for us to try and match the flyers physicality. We aren't built for it unfortunately so we need to play our game and maybe goad them into some penalties. We are woefully unequipped to engage in the rough stuff, use our speed and expose their d and we will be fine.

It might also be a game Philly uses as an opportunity to send a message to a likely playoff matchup. If they ruffed us at at home they might hope we reacted by playing lesser players like falk and dorsett over more skilled options.

Last edited:

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
It would be silly for us to try and match the flyers physicality. We aren't built for it unfortunately so we need to play our game and maybe goad them into some penalties. We are woefully unequipped to engage in the rough stuff, use our speed and expose their d and we will be fine.

It might also be a game Philly uses as an opportunity to send a message to a likely playoff matchup. If they ruffed us at at home they might hope we reacted by playing lesser players like falk and dorsett over more skilled options.

I don't think they have to match them physically, just don't shy away. Let guys like Kreider Nash and Zucc get angry. They play better that way.

Fighting skill is obviously in another area all together, but in terms of strength and size, CK is as imposing as anybody on the Flyers.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Two teams with two completely different approaches to the game. Should be interesting.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
If the Rangers willingly play Falk and/or both or Carcillo and Dorsett I will cut a *****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad