GDT: Philadelphia Flyers @ Toronto Maple Leafs | 7pm HNIC

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I was think about Rielly's game, and in some ways I think what applies to him applies to our whole group. We have so many strong skaters who can attack with speed and skate circles around the opposition that everyone wants to try and outskate the problems and run and gun for the next chance. We don't do a very good job of pacing sometimes, seems like there's so much East West over skating. Don't know what the term is, but they need to be more assertive in staking claim to certain parts of the ice. Need more traction and grit.

We need TRUCULENCE. Bring back Burke! Hanta yo baby!

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I think the Leafs need to take a road trip. It will be good for the team
California isn't scary like it used to be

it isn't.
however.

SJ generally owns our bottoms.
St Louis plays heavy and we've struggled against that this season.
LA/Anaheim is a wash.

being away might be what the doctor ordered for true. but.. if they don't do well imagine the reaction when they come home.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Maybe babcock should have let them practice for another 5 min. They need all the help they can get.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Because management has decided to stick with “the Plan” agree or disagree, they’re not going to deviate. Clearly none of the Marlie D are going to be promoted before the second half at least. A trade at this point is also unlikely.

And it's a stupid plan. 18 or so NHL minutes for those guys is better than 22 mins in the minors. Developing players need NHL experience in a rebuild. And I doubt Babcock would give them a chance in the 2nd half of the season, he'd ice the same line-up every night if he could if not for injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad