GDT: Philadelphia Flyers @ Toronto Maple Leafs | 7pm HNIC

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I have no doubt he'll be an elite player, but the lack of give a **** defensively for a player that has been demoted already is concerning. Compete and work ethic are things any player can control. It's one thing to struggle to score offensively, like Kadri 2 years ago, but what's so disappointing is the lack of compete from Marner. His been better, but that lack of effort in back-check tonight costs us a goal.

I agree with you. Confidence is a hell of a thing and I think marner is seriously lacking some this season

TheRexman

Just have fun
Jul 5, 2015
Quebec City
I'm betting we'll be a 500 team by the end of the western road trip. Weak defense and horrible goaltending is not a recipe for success. Even Matthews can only score so many goals and it doesn't look like there's any hurry to fix this issue through coaching or management.

Reactions: GardinerTheForward

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I'm betting we'll be a 500 team by the end of the western road trip. Weak defense and horrible goaltending is not a recipe for success. Even Matthews can only score so many goals and it doesn't look like there's any hurry to fix this issue through coaching or management.
Our defense was not the problem

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Zaitsev, Gardiner, Polak= lets whip the puck full speed at someone's feet and expect them to get the play it. Absolutely zero poise.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I don't really care about a win or loss but I would question the work ethic

There was nothing wrong with the work ethic. Leafs had plenty of high danger chances. Freddie could not make a save. It was the difference again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->