OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): The Regular Season Is Upon Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Here's something I don't see being talked about enough. Under Schwartz, the Eagles varied and disguised their coverages to one of the lowest degrees in the league. So far this preseason meanwhile:

E-R76QEUYAAJEJe

This isn't a clear good/bad toggle, so please don't treat it that way. I'm only speaking to how significant the shift in defensive philosophies appears.
It's excellent to see such a clear good toggle Jojo. Appreciate the post and your willingness to aggressively pump the Eagles' defensive tires prior to the first snap of the season. Count me in as blindly on board with your unbridled enthusiasm.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The size of the football’s are smaller in college. There’s two sizable white stripes on a college ball too. So yeah I’d imagine scenarios where it’s easier to catch/see.

That's why every team has a JUGS machine, if you're having trouble seeing the ball, go catch 100+ balls a day until it's second nature. It's like practicing 3 point shots . . . well, for most NBA players.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Any Gus Bus owners?

Have I ever told you guys how much I hate being a commissioner of my league? Well I do.

Our league has always been that after the draft you can’t pick someone up until the following week but we also have a rule where you have to have a full lineup at all times.

My idiot brother drafted two RB’s. One of which is Edwards.

He picked up Williams. I check my email and another guy asked if he could pick him up five minutes before my brother did.

The hell do I do here?

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Have I ever told you guys how much I hate being a commissioner of my league? Well I do.

Our league has always been that after the draft you can’t pick someone up until the following week but we also have a rule where you have to have a full lineup at all times.

He picked up Williams. I check my email and another guy asked if he could pick him up five minutes before my brother did.

The hell do I do here?
106460.gif

I honestly think you have to let Edwards go to your brother to fulfill the full roster requirement. It may scream like nepotism but it's the harsh reality of being a commish.

philly_28

Valar Morghulis
Apr 9, 2007

:biglaugh:

It’s around the 2 hour 14 minute mark…

This is what I mean when I tell people in my home country "Yeah, I may seem like an extreme fan, someone who takes things a little too serious sometimes to you. But compared to the fans in Philly? I'm the normal one, the moderate one. Those folks are crazy!"

Hang in there, Charles and get better soon, you f***ing legend!!

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

The hell do I do here?

What's the actual wording of the two rules in question?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
This is what I mean when I tell people in my home country "Yeah, I may seem like an extreme fan, someone who takes things a little too serious sometimes to you. But compared to the fans in Philly? I'm the normal one, the moderate one. Those folks are crazy!"

Hang in there, Charles and get better soon, you f***ing legend!!

He takes this meme to the next level…
1f1dfb81-76a5-42d1-b277-69003eebd3ff-jpeg.464193

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
What's the actual wording of the two rules in question?
This is a league that my uncle has ran with his friends for 30 years. Hell, he did the scoring by hand up until like five years ago.

Those rules aren’t in writing they’re just kind of known. Also, no one is really tying to make it an issue. Hell, as of now no one has even complained about it.

Last edited:

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
This is a league that my uncle has ran with his friends for 30 years. Hell, he did the scoring by hand up until like five years ago.

Those rules aren’t in writing they’re just kind of known. Also, no one is really tying to man it an issue. Hell, as of now no one has even complained about it.
Speaking of commish. I'm co commissioning a dynasty league on Sleeper with Dolphins fan friend. I wasn't so sure that the Supplemental draft literally meant upcoming Rookie drafts. This resulted in everyone having 1 draft pick instead of 3. Literally had a heart attack trying to fix this just now. Thought I f***ed everything up but it worked out in the end.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

Those rules aren’t in writing they’re just kind of known. Also, no one is really tying to man it an issue. Hell, as of now no one has even complained about it.

I haven't run a league in many years, but in weird corner cases like this, I would have erred toward the attitudes of the league. If it was for real money with people who were taking it super seriously, no adds before Week 1 would hold. If it's friends and family and everyone throws in insignificant money for them, I would allow your brother the claim because ruining a Week 1 game via technicality is the worst outcome.

There's no right/wrong here if the rules aren't codified. Make a people read.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016

The hell do I do here?

With Being a mod here being a fantasy commissioner should be a piece of cake.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
@Captain Dave Poulin Good luck tonight, my friend. I'm looking forward to watching Parsons and of course the offense.

I would also really like to know which LVE is the real guy. I saw some speculation that he could even be used as a quasi-EDGE this year. What a weird career.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Here's something I don't see being talked about enough. Under Schwartz, the Eagles varied and disguised their coverages to one of the lowest degrees in the league. So far this preseason meanwhile:

E-R76QEUYAAJEJe

This isn't a clear good/bad toggle, so please don't treat it that way. I'm only speaking to how significant the shift in defensive philosophies appears.

Does it mean anything if they've given up 35, 31 and 24 points in those games to teams that are very middling or just bad and haven't won any of them?

Reactions: achdumeingute

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
my hope is that the Bucs get ahead a lot early so we can wrap Tom up in some bubblewrap and let someone else pay a bit lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad