Jun 19, 2018
ya doofus.
hqdefault.jpg

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
File this under things you probably shouldn't say outloud.

Serious question because I never played football so don't really know, but is this an actual concern? Like obviously people probably don't broadcast this but is there a difference between the feel of the balls and do the white stripes actually help in college? Could explain why some guys flop in the NFL in part.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The optimism is overwhelming.
At least they made changes, they'll have a top OL and an above average DL.
And lots of young, athletic skill players.

Comes down to Sirianni and Hurts, Hurts doesn't have to be a world beater, just run the offense efficiently.
And hopefully Sirianni is a bit more creative than Peddy.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Serious question because I never played football so don't really know, but is this an actual concern? Like obviously people probably don't broadcast this but is there a difference between the feel of the balls and do the white stripes actually help in college? Could explain why some guys flop in the NFL in part.

I seriously doubt it, you have a year to make the adjustment, and it shouldn't be that big of a deal.
Sounds more like an uber-athlete struggling at the next level b/c he's not fundamentally sound.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I seriously doubt it, you have a year to make the adjustment, and it shouldn't be that big of a deal.
Sounds more like an uber-athlete struggling at the next level b/c he's not fundamentally sound.
Yeah that's what I figured, I just never heard this before so I wasn't sure if it was just like one of those things that everyone knows but doesn't talk about. Haha.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
The optimism is overwhelming.
At least they made changes, they'll have a top OL and an above average DL.
And lots of young, athletic skill players.

Comes down to Sirianni and Hurts, Hurts doesn't have to be a world beater, just run the offense efficiently.
And hopefully Sirianni is a bit more creative than Peddy.
The only thing top they'll have is man games lost to injury.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah that's what I figured, I just never heard this before so I wasn't sure if it was just like one of those things that everyone knows but doesn't talk about. Haha.

The size of the football’s are smaller in college. There’s two sizable white stripes on a college ball too. So yeah I’d imagine scenarios where it’s easier to catch/see.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Here's something I don't see being talked about enough. Under Schwartz, the Eagles varied and disguised their coverages to one of the lowest degrees in the league. So far this preseason meanwhile:

E-R76QEUYAAJEJe

This isn't a clear good/bad toggle, so please don't treat it that way. I'm only speaking to how significant the shift in defensive philosophies appears.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
The size of the football’s are smaller in college. There’s two sizable white stripes on a college ball too. So yeah I’d imagine scenarios where it’s easier to catch/see.
I knew both of these things I just never heard anyone talk about them as being more difficult or easy at either level. I've never played before so all I know is tossing the ball around on the beach and I can neither catch nor throw that well so a stripe (or tie-dye nerf ball) never made a difference for me. ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad