The Universe
@JojoTheWhale here's my homework Professor TheWhale

Screenshot_20220110-100343_Brave.jpg

Screenshot_20220110-100354_Brave.jpg

Screenshot_20220110-100400_Brave.jpg

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
A man doesn't deserve credit for cleaning up his own mess.

Did he plan on Wentz tearing his acl ? Did he plan on Wentz reverting to a form completely unrecognizable to the player we saw during his mvp season? Of course not, but things change and those willing to change based off of new info and formulate new opinions show adaptability rather than pride in their original decisions. Adaptability may be the most important trait in any leadership position but especially in the NFL. You are going to make mistakes its inevitable , what determines success is how you pivot from those mistakes.

If you are going to hold people to a standard of " should not make mistakes" then you are going to be quite disappointed when you realize no one has ever lived up to that standard. JFC no wonder you hate howie, you probably hate Bill Russell too for that one time he lost to WILT.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Did he plan on Wentz tearing his acl ? Did he plan on Wentz reverting to a form completely unrecognizable to the player we saw during his mvp season? Of course not, but things change and those willing to change based off of new info and formulate new opinions show adaptability rather than pride in their original decisions. Adaptability may be the most important trait in any leadership position but especially in the NFL. You are going to make mistakes its inevitable , what determines success is how you pivot from those mistakes.

If you are going to hold people to a standard of " should not make mistakes" then you are going to be quite disappointed when you realize no one has ever lived up to that standard. JFC no wonder you hate howie, you probably hate Bill Russell too for that one time he lost to WILT.
I’m not getting into this discussion again with you. You like the guy and I don’t. It doesn’t need to be rehashed.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Sure he should. Most GMs make messes and can't clean them up. Something to be said here that he has, IMO. Last mess he cleaned up led to a championship. Never know!

There is no perfect strategy, because incomplete knowledge is rampant in pro sports.
The key to long-term success is learning from mistakes, and always making new mistakes.
The other key is the right owner giving rational mandates.
I think the Eagles were drunk off the SB, but even with the mistakes, making the playoffs 4 of 5 seasons is quite an accomplishment,

Howie is best when rebuilding, without a HC with pull dictating "win now" moves.
And Siri and Gannon are hands on coaches, so they have a better feel for the players they can coach up.
The reason they're so successful drafting OL is Howie defers to Stoutland's judgement. Stoutland is a hands on coach, focused as much on teaching fundamentals as blocking schemes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad