OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Hail Tyrod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
My brain friggin hurts at the people on Twitter acting as if Staley calling a timeout lost them the game.

Feel like I’m taking legitimate crazy pills.

Not calling the second time out might have. I actually thought that's what he was gonna do. Call the second as soon as they lined up again and show the Raiders "No tricks from me. Used up all our time-outs. We're not going to call one on 4th down and **** you over and force a punt

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Not calling the second time out might have. I actually thought that's what he was gonna do. Call the second as soon as they lined up again and show the Raiders "No tricks from me. Used up all our time-outs. We're not going to call one on 4th down and **** you over and force a punt
When? Before the field goal? That in of itself would be “a trick.”

Or did you mean on the third down play? He couldn’t call another one or that’s a penalty.

The Raiders were going to run it on third down regardless and take an attempt at a field goal no matter what. The Chargers just needed to not give up those yards on third down and made it what, a 58 yarder?

He called the time out under 40 seconds to essentially show his hand that the Raiders could run out the clock if they wanted to go that way. The defense should have been set from that timeout to not allow the first down but alas here we are.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Jesus hates the Raiders. But he loves him some Derek Carr.
NFLCARR-0901-1.jpg

What goat do I have to sacrifice to end this mediocrity.

Reactions: JXC

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
So would Jefferson and Metcalf be better than JJAW and Reagor?
Metcalf I don't blame him as much as he wasn't the consensus pick at the time.... Jefferson was.... how the hell did they f*** that up... crazy so many other great receivers in that draft as well with high grades

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Eagles weren't taking Metcalf in any case, the scouts wanted Campbell.
Its amazing how many wrong choices we made at wr in our history. Almost like we were punished for bills trading up and taking tuttle and leaving the birds quick.

JJAW over Metcalf
Reagor over Jefferson
Jordin Matthews over D Adams
and the all time favorite Freddie Mitchell over Reggie Wayne and Chad Johnson

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Got in my car. Turned on WIP and within thirty seconds Angelo blames Staley for the loss for calling a timeout. “He could have just stood there and watched as they ran out the clock.”

That’s enough for one day.
I heard the same.

I reluctantly admire Cataldi for his achievement of monetizing stupidity for 30 years. Not everyone can do that ****. He blazed the trail for Stephen A. Smith, The View, and everyone else on what has become the Stupid Superhighway.

****ing legend.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Its amazing how many wrong choices we made at wr in our history. Almost like we were punished for bills trading up and taking tuttle and leaving the birds quick.

JJAW over Metcalf
Reagor over Jefferson
Jordin Matthews over D Adams
and the all time favorite Freddie Mitchell over Reggie Wayne and Chad Johnson

I don't know how to break this to you but if you look at any team's draft history there is a plethora of terrible draft decisions. NO team outside of the Steelers and to some degree the ravens are good at drafting. In today's draft if you can find 2 starters in a draft year that is considered a great draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad