OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Don't Cry Because It's Over, Smile Because it Happened (Offseason - 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe

@JojoTheWhale my KrazyKat™ trade isn't so far off the pulse between these two.

Also the only thing I've seen so far with Tillman is a tweet reply and the PFF Stock Exchange WR rankings video where Connor Rogers definitely agrees Tillman was not healthy all year. Still digging for something more "official" but maybe that won't come until the combine.

• Wow
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

@JojoTheWhale my KrazyKat™ trade isn't so far off the pulse between these two.

Also the only thing I've seen so far with Tillman is a tweet reply and the PFF Stock Exchange WR rankings video where Connor Rogers definitely agrees Tillman was not healthy all year. Still digging for something more "official" but maybe that won't come until the combine.

DONT DO IT HOWIE

REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED LAST TIME

LOOK AT WENTZ NOW

THATS HURTS' FUTURE

Walter_screaming_at_Hank_0-0_screenshot.jpg

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
They will pay Hurts, there is probably 0 concern there for that to happen.

Hurts is also a much better individual from the reporting and scuttlebutt around the league than Wentz. Wentz is his own worst enemy and can’t help himself…. Hurts is actually what they were saying Wentz was (leader, dedicated, constantly improving).

The main concern is replacing the defensive side talent and the ability to get a coach in here that can actually scheme against top end QBs. CGJ will be signed, but losing players like Bradberry, Graham, Hargrave and Edwards create gigantic holes in our starting 11. Graham probably has the best shot of being back here depending on what they do with contracts. Slay I would think might get extended to help reduce his cap this year with a bunch of voidable on the end.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

Ignore that it's a Packers site. The data is applicable to all teams. Here's the TLDR

image.png
Obviously not trying to be a dick.

Couldn't these numbers be easily skewed by a single player? So let's say I'm looking for a QB. I know that QBs in this draft are relatively deep (+11.4%). But now Bryce Young is gone. What now?

I guess this is more valuable to plan a pre draft strategy vs actually making the picks in real time. When it comes down to your actual pick you still need to account for who is out there and what your talent evaluators say

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Obviously not trying to be a dick.

Couldn't these numbers be easily skewed by a single player? So let's say I'm looking for a QB. I know that QBs in this draft are relatively deep (+11.4%). But now Bryce Young is gone. What now?

I guess this is more valuable to plan a pre draft strategy vs actually making the picks in real time. When it comes down to your actual pick you still need to account for who is out there and what your talent evaluators say

Yes to all of this, but the specific value chart he used scales much more slowly than the traditional Jimmy Johnson one for reasons related to that Young situation. And also because it reflects how cap dollars are actually spent rather than Jimmy Johnson throwing shit at the wall.

To give you an example of how much less it skews this method, let's take the Eagles' own 1st and 2nd. Under the Jimmy Johnson chart, it should cost you around pick 57 to move up from 62 to 30. With the Fitzgerald-Spielberger chart, that should cost you #181.

Or to put it another way, it looks like mid-late 1sts are undervalued here because the league overvalues them. Feature, not a bug, and thanks for A.J. Brown.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Yes to all of this, but the specific value chart he used scales much more slowly than the traditional Jimmy Johnson one for reasons related to that Young situation. And also because it reflects how cap dollars are actually spent rather than Jimmy Johnson throwing shit at the wall.

To give you an example of how much less it skews this method, let's take the Eagles' own 1st and 2nd. Under the Jimmy Johnson chart, it should cost you around pick 57 to move up from 62 to 30. With the Fitzgerald-Spielberger chart, that should cost you #181.
That's eye popping. Damn

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
View attachment 654487
Me thinks someone might have redirected to the Bears' Jaylon Jones age. If not oooooooffffff.

Yeah, I think you’re right. The TAMU Jaylon Jones was a top 15ish overall recruit in 2020. There’s no way that’s accurate.

These are the guys we need to keep up on too — Day 2 DBs. So far I really like Sydney Brown from Illinois.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Yeah, I think you’re right. The TAMU Jaylon Jones was a top 15ish overall recruit in 2020. There’s no way that’s accurate.

These are the guys we need to keep up on too — Day 2 DBs. So far I really like Sydney Brown from Illinois.
So I have no process. I tend to do some mock drafting then look at guys and get interested in their name, followed by going down the rabbit hole for the position. Holy cow this class is deep at Corner. If Howie doesn't walk out of the draft with a couple CBs and a safety I will be a tad upset.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
while we could use a RB..not sure i want the Bucs to take one in the 1st..we are gonna have so many issues

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Luckily I think Howie wants to pay Jalen anyway, but AJ saying he's out if Jalen is out...that seems like a thing Howie would make happen just out principle.

• Love
Reactions: Ironmanrulez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad