OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Don't Cry Because It's Over, Smile Because it Happened (Offseason - 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Buren Boy

--------------------
Aug 18, 2006
If anyone wants to watch it. Essentially his take is that the Eagles have scheme issues and Hurts pretty much bailed them out.

EDIT: Video is blocked

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town

I’m conflicted. It’s certainly gimmicky but part of me likes it still.

I think it was the Ravens that proposed this rule. The chances of recovering an onside kick these days are like 5%. Not sure what the likelihood of converting a 4th and 15 is but I would think it is more than that. So id probably make it 4th and 20 or 25 if they were to change it.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I think it was the Ravens that proposed this rule. The chances of recovering an onside kick these days are like 5%. Not sure what the likelihood of converting a 4th and 15 is but I would think it is more than that. So id probably make it 4th and 20 or 25 if they were to change it.

Make it 4th and 20 - and I accept.

Also it sounds like Howie Roseman forced him to stay in Arizona to interview for the Cardinals job :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
But if you think about some of the chances for on-sides kicks in the past before all the 'prevent injury' type rule changes it may line-up more with the % there. Onside kicks were once like 15-20% chance.

I think 4th and 20 is a fair compromise. Also would make it so completing that 4th & 20 gives the ball *AT* the 25. You don't get it at the 45 or further based on the completion of the play.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
7btwbr.jpg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Imagine a world where Brees could do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad