OT: Philadelphia Eagles: 2017 Season (Week Six And Beyond)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
The more depressing the NFC looks, the more it looks like we're the class of the conference (which I did not see coming).

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Washington needs this game for multiple reasons but if the eagles want to make a statement that they are the class of the NFC they'll win tonight. They are the better team and have had basically a bye week to prepare. A W puts them 2 games up on everyone in the division and basically 3 up on Washington. Tonight is a game they lose in years past though. This is there toughest game before the bye and a win here means they are very likely 8-1 going into the bye week. A loss here and both washington and Dallas are right back in the division race and they are in the mix of contenders as opposed to being ahead of them. They have been remarkable consistent this year even in their loss. They should have no issues putting up 24 points. Key will be holding the skins below that. I think they win but this one is a nailbiter.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
The more depressing the NFC looks, the more it looks like we're the class of the conference (which I did not see coming).
I wouldn't say that until after tonight. win and you can make that case and make it well. A loss though and they are still just simply contenders in a down year for the nfc. They can really begin to breakaway from the pack with a win tonight and the next two against a team that just got pounded by a mediocre Dallas team and a team that hasn't scored in 2 weeks. Win tonight and it's very likely they are 8-1 going into the bye which I don't think anyone saw coming. Factor in that they get a healthy Darby and Jones the second half of the year and they could be the favorites this year. Still a lot of could and what ifs. A win tonight really goes a long way for me going all in on this team.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
the rams keep impressing. They have a dominant d, and enough weapons on offense to win. Don't count them out.
they are so dependant on the run though and the eagles have the best run defense in the league. i dont see them having any issues stopping them but their d is very impressive thus far. Still I just don't see them going deep because I am not a believer in Goff having the ability to carry his team down the field on a crucial drive and teams will load up to stop Gurley. They also benefit getting to play Arizona and San fran 4 times. They are a good team that is a year or so away offensively imo

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I wouldn't say that until after tonight. win and you can make that case and make it well. A loss though and they are still just simply contenders in a down year for the nfc. They can really begin to breakaway from the pack with a win tonight and the next two against a team that just got pounded by a mediocre Dallas team and a team that hasn't scored in 2 weeks. Win tonight and it's very likely they are 8-1 going into the bye which I don't think anyone saw coming. Factor in that they get a healthy Darby and Jones the second half of the year and they could be the favorites this year. Still a lot of could and what ifs. A win tonight really goes a long way for me going all in on this team.

Not sure tonight changes that for me since we've already beaten Washington. Even if we lose, I'm not sure that changes my mind about this. Statistically, we'll be 7-2 at least by the time we hit the bye (unless we really, really botch it for some reason).

The Rams do scare me a teensy bit, but otherwise that's it. The other teams definitely look beatable. The best part is that I'm not sure there's an AFC team that truly scares me either, outside of KC (who we almost beat).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad