OT: Philadelphia 76ers: Taking Our Talents To The Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I think i have officially completed my transformation from Lebron hater to Lebron fanboy.

Boston, suck it. Suck it hard. Suck it harder than you've ever sucked anything that wasn't affiliated with Bill Belichick or Tom Brady.

I know LeBron basically created the Super Team but I’ll cheer for the one man team to take down the Super Team every day of the week.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Just ridiculous questions about LeBron’s “greatest achievement” by leading this trash team to the Finals.

Yeah, it’s completely true but jeeze stop asking about it. Just awkward as ****.
media likes beating a story to death you'll hear it on all the shows tomorrow and probably through out the rest of the playoffs if not longer. they always go for the low hanging fruit

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
media likes beating a story to death you'll hear it on all the shows tomorrow and probably through out the rest of the playoffs if not longer. they always go for the low hanging fruit

Oh I have no problem talking about it. It’s true for the most part.

My issue is asking LeBron about it and asking Lue about it as they’re accepting the trophy.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
I know LeBron basically created the Super Team but I’ll cheer for the one man team to take down the Super Team every day of the week.
I disagree LeBron created the super-team.

Just prior to "modern era" you had Barkley leaving Phoenix to Houston hunting for a ring, joining other HoF players. There were the Malone, Payton to the Lakers post Shaq hunting for a ring. And the Big3 original team was Boston with Pierce, KG, and Ray Allen (with lil'buddy Rondo).

LeBron was the first to make it appear that the players were picking their own landing places with contract fluidity (pro-player flexibility) and recruiting on a level that would be construed as tampering if done by a FO. That's a norm in European football*, and has been for years. As basketball player salaries approach those salaries, it's understandable that the best players receive similar perks.

LeBron is a great player, he's deserving of most, if not all of his praise. And if his detractors go beyond the tv special, the decision, he doesn't deserve that slack.

*soccer

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Superteams of 3 superstars have been a necessity since the early 80's at least.
Thing is, a lot of the early superteams were created via prosperous/well-organized teams fleecing lesser ones.

You have to remember in the early 80's the NBA, and basketball in general, was not the juggernaut it is today.
Guys like Auerbach and Jerry West and Jim Buss were ahead of the curve in treating their teams like a true business as opposed to a family sideshow like much of the NBA/ABA was up to that time.

The stakes are higher now. Even the Grizzlies are a billion dollar business.
The draft, amateur scouting, analytics, the nature of the salary cap, greater autonomy on the part of the players, and the fact that spectator sports have never been more popular means the front offices across the league have evened the playing field in terms of their knowledge and resources.

Less likely to see a future 1st round pick turn into Magic Johnson as teams are more educated and have more at stake.
Less likely to see fleece jobs in general in terms of NBA trades. (though of course they still happen)

The talent and amount of true superstars is the same as past eras imo, its just that now where before a superteam would often be created via drafting + a fleece now those same teams have to be created via player movement.

LeBron is an interesting case in that he was so good so early that the Cavs really didnt get the chance to draft someone of high enough caliber to compliment him and create sustainable success.

Now youve got to draft and develop your *** off to build a sustainable team, or be the Celtics and rape Billy King, because its less likely those godfather type offers will come around.

FlyerMatt

May 7, 2018
Yes the Celtics choked by shooting that poorly, but wow, LeBron has done amazing things with that Cavs team. Just not my favorite Finals in either sport. Not really on the Caps train, and I just don't like Cleveland. It's not LeBron as much as it is the Cavs.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Awesome, another Warriors/Cavs NBA finals

giphy.gif

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
really...NBA please do something...tired of seeing the same teams in the finals...every year

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I'll go GS in 6. I think Lebron can win two games on his own basically. This won't be an interesting series at all. At least Houston and Cleveland would have been something different and I think Cleveland matches up better with Houston, especially if Paul would have missed any time.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Warriors -850 to win the series.

-11.5 in Game 1.

Just hand them the trophy tonight. Good news if you want LeBron in Philly I guess.

Reactions: The Madrigal

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Warriors -850 to win the series.

-11.5 in Game 1.

Just hand them the trophy tonight. Good news if you want LeBron in Philly I guess.
I just can't see James going anywhere other than Philly IF he does indeed leave Cleveland. The Lakers are a long way away from winning anything, let alone the West. He will never see the ball in Houston with Harden and Paul there. I also don't see him going to the West at all. Who else is he going to leave Cleveland for that's in the East? I really think it's going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad