OT: Philadelphia 76ers: Onseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Interesting to see what Brown comes up with here. He’s got RoCo, JJ, and Embiid as legit 3 pt shooters.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Redick is the right guy to give that look.

Encouraging effort against a top team.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Super happy with that opener. The talent is there.

Raving about a ref he found during a college practice in the offseason is peak Van Gundy.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Luck ran out on this one.

-Simmons went off. Jtown I havent forgotten our avatar bet.
-Embiid was straight up bad offensively for long stretches. Made bad decisions but Roco picked him up in that regard
-TJ, Bayless, JJ are all good players and vast improvements on what we've run out before but for everything they give you in terms of ball-handling and shooting theyll give it all back on the defensive end. Watching them trying to spot Beal/Wall in the 2nd half was pure comedy and the difference in the game.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Fans talk an awful lot about players who just look the part on the court or have an aura, but I don't think we apply it to coaches enough. When you listen to Brett Brown talk, you know he gets it.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Sixers look like a team with a lot of inexperienced players who haven't played together.
In other words, like they have the last few years, except with real talent!

The hallmark of Brown's teams, even when they were talent deficient, has always been tough defense.
When he gets this group playing together, they're going to cause real problems for teams with their length.

It's easy to forget that Embiid has played 33 games, Fultz and Simmons 0, Saric one full season, TLC a handful of starts.

Frickley

why am i watching this
Apr 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
I'm very optimistic with what we saw tonight. They played a very good team tight on the road.

Fultz even looked alright, despite plenty of 'welcome to the NBA' moments. The jump shot he made looked nice. Hopefully he'll start getting the feel back soon, he's way too good historically as a shooter not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad