Confirmed Trade: [PHI/TB] Streit (4.7% retained) for Filppula, 4th in 2017 & Cond. 7th in 2017

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The rare Win-Win-Win trade

PHI gets: 4th in 17 + 7th in 17 + Filppula (fills need at Center for next season)
TBL gets: 4th in 18 (plus an expansion slot and cap space)
PIT gets: Streit @ 50%

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The rare Win-Win-Win trade

PHI gets: 4th in 17 + 7th in 17 + Filppula (fills need at Center for next season)
TBL gets: 4th in 18 (plus an expansion slot and cap space)
PIT gets: Streit @ 50%

Yup.

And Flip scores a big goal in his debut.

Congrats to the Flyers. Wouldn't surprise me if Flip actually turns out to be the most useful deadline day acquisition. I hope it works out for everyone.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
looked great tonight. very smart player.

He did. Looks like he's a great fit with the Flyers too.

IQ is probably his best asset. Really glad to see he's likely to land on his feet and be an effective player for you guys.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
He really was outstanding tonight. Had instant chemistry with Schenn and Voracek. Easily could have had a 3 point debut.

Wayne Simmonds

Jun 26, 2013
Bristol, England
5M for one year. the term there is key.

A) We werent going to be able to sign a comparable player to a 1 year deal.
B) Bridges the gap to our prospect C who should be ready to go at the end of next year.

It's been explained about 50 times why this is a good deal for the Flyers. It's not a great deal. We didn't bend Tampa over (or vice versa). We didn't get a superstar. Its not flashy. But it checks all the boxes for us, gives us a few late picks, and it cost us whatever 4.7% of Streits salary is.

It's hilarious how few people get the upside of this deal for the Flyers NEEDS. It's good to know that fans of other teams are experts on Philly all of a sudden.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Val was frustrating to watch with how many grade A scoring chances he passed out of when He was here. He was a different beast tonight

Yeah I trust certain TB fans and their judgement on him and his goal totals the last few years reflect that. Regardless, he fills a hole at C for Philly for this and next year and it was a good use of extra cap space by Hextall.

Not sure people realize how it has little/no effect of Philly and the ED. This is who we are exposing:

Cousins 14 points
Read 13 points
Raffl 11 points
Bellemare 6 points
Weise 5 points
Laughton and Leier.....in the AHL

Oh.....and Philly actually gets to protect one of those guys to finish off their 7 to protect. Adding Flip and his NMC was an easy decision for Hextall.

Hell, on D we have to decide to protect Manning or AMac.....wasted protection spot. I hope we can do the same thing and add a D for free from a team.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Looks like Filppula has fit in well for his first game. Hope he continues to do well for you guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad