Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] Kevin Hayes signs (7 Years, $7.14M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
The NHL free agency market has just gone crazy. We've got young guns coming out of entry level deals getting 8 figures. You got guys like Hayes who are middle six, 45-50 point forwards making 7+. How much more inflated will these deals get? It's insane.

i look at the deal from my devils and travis zajac. he got 5.75 a year with the cap at 63 million. hayes getting 7.1 at 83 million its just the normal progression. both 2c and age 27 both with similar point totals

Reactions: Joel Ward

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
I guess that type of cost/production allows you to overpay for more production. If your fans are happy, so be it. I’d find it tough to digest paying 7m per for a guy that’s hit 50 points once in his career, but that’s me.

I guess it depends on the full context of the contract. Not sure about NMC or NTC's that may be effect. We have the Seattle expansion draft coming up, so it's more than likely JVR, Voracek, or Hayes that leaves. Hopefully by that point players like Frost, Farabee, and Ratcliffe will be ready to take over for them. I'd be willing to bet that he hits 50 point consistently playing with JVR/Lindblom and Voracek. We shall see though.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
i look at the deal from my devils and travis zajac. he got 5.75 a year with the cap at 63 million. hayes getting 7.1 at 83 million its just the normal progression. both 2c and age 27 both with similar point totals

And Zajac sucked ass after. Let’s see how Hayes performs.

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Can any Ranger fans shed some light on whether Hayes was propped up Zibanejad or not? Wondering if his numbers in NY this season were artificially inflated because of the right situation as he certainly didn’t look like a $7M game breaking center with the Jets.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Can any Ranger fans shed some light on whether Hayes was propped up Zibanejad or not? Wondering if his numbers in NY this season were artificially inflated because of the right situation as he certainly didn’t look like a $7M game breaking center with the Jets.

7 million isn't what it use to be 5 even 3 years ago.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
With an expansion fee, an entire new franchise operating, and a new TV deal coming in a couple years, we'll have a $100 million cap in maybe six years.

The NHL Salary Cap jumped 2M when the expansion fee was paid. It jumped 4M between last season and the season that just ended. Now we are going back to MAYBE a 2M increase.

It doesn't have a huge affect. It maybe speeds things up by a year. We are looking at about 8 years away.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
The NHL Salary Cap jumped 2M when the expansion fee was paid. It jumped 4M between last season and the season that just ended. Now we are going back to MAYBE a 2M increase.

It doesn't have a huge affect. It maybe speeds things up by a year. We are looking at about 8 years away.

Really depends on the new TV deal. The current deal helped juice the cap up by $5 million and the next one will be worth a ton, might even be multiple providers/deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad