Waived: [PHI] Flyers waive Shayne Gostisbehere (cleared)

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I want the Kings to grab this guy.

We can rebuild him
We have the technology
We have the capability to make the worlds first bionic defenseman

upload_2021-3-30_9-13-50.png

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
I've never been a big Ghost fan but I always thought he looked pretty good whenever watching him this season.

Head scratching decision for a team that is bleeding goals against.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Truly a story of boom to bust. This dude had a 65-point season in 2018!

Good chance for a change of scenery but I don't know if teams will be lining up to pay $4.5m for two more years.

If I was a young team that had cap room I’d take the chance on him.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
The only rationale in waiving Ghost is to get our of his contract without taking money back to make a move for a bigger fish.

I would presume the rational of posting a trade proposal in waived thread is that Ghost wont get claimed. Otherwise, there isn't much point in doing so.

seadawg

Sep 22, 2008
Countless times over the last few years, when I suggested that perhaps the Flyers should consider trading Gostisbehere while he still had some value, Flyers fans came out in droves to berate me for the mere suggestion. It has been clear to most objective observers for some time now that Gostisbehere was not a good fit on the team. I have no doubt Gostisbehere can be a dman in the NHL, on another team and given the proper role to succeed. He just needs a change of scenery and the Flyers should have moved on from him a long time ago.

Reactions: Rich Nixon

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
If he clears, this has July 2nd trade to a small market team written all over it.

The next 2 years, Gostisbehere is owed 2.25 million on July 1st as a signing bonus and then a 1 million dollar salary. If he's trade to Ottawa after July 1st, despite charging 4.5 million against the cap, he would only cost them 1 million next year and 3.25 the year after that.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Wouldn't mind if Yzerman put in a claim on him. Analytics aren't too bad, still fairly young, change of scenery and increased opportunity may do wonders

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
I hope the kings claim him with Maatta out we are playing Macdermid far to much He can't be worse then him

Reactions: Lt Dan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad