Waived: [PHI] Flyers waive Shayne Gostisbehere (cleared)

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
I'd claim him as I have always thought highly of him. However, my team doesn't have the space available.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Just when I thought AV and his comments on Hart couldn't make this organization more stupid, Fletcher comes around and says hold my beer.

Reactions: Amorgus

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I wouldn't mind if they traded de Haan for him. Straight up just blocks Beaudin and Kalynuk.
Philly does it because even though the caphits are about the same, de Haan has one year less.
I mean they would much rather just waive him and ditch his money for free rather than take de Haan.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I mean they would much rather just waive him and ditch his money for free rather than take de Haan.
Of course they would, but I think that he clears. After Ghost clears, then you can talk a de Haan swap.

Imagine if Ghost still sucks and the Hawks are stuck with de Haan and Ghost next year.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Yes. Our defense has been horrid. Provy, Sanheim, and Myers all had steps back. Ghost has finally gotten healthy and playing much better than last year. Obviously not up to his par of when he was 10th in Norris votes, but still our best Dman.
So weird then because his contract isn’t even bad.... wish the nucks had the space to take him on....

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Are the Flyers hoping to dump Gostisbehere to clear cap space, perhaps for an Ekholm or Savard trade?

Seems unlikely that Gostisbehere will be claimed by another team, considering his cap hit.

unless someone else claims him before Florida, I’d bet on us claiming him. Likely wouldn’t be protected come the expansion draft, but We have the room.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad