Contract Termination: [PHI] Flyers place F Lukas Sedlak on unconditional waivers (Cleared)

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
It goes by crazy fast too. Enjoy it and congratulations on the latest Soup!
Thanks!

Not to say that I'm not thrilled to drop him off at daycare every day, either. :laugh:

But on the topic of Sedlak, I wish him well that he finds happiness.

Reactions: Tryamw

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

Another tremendous talent evaluation and management of assets by Fletcher. He always gets his guy.

And by his guy, I mean a guy who is nothing except completed overmatched and outclassed by average NHL talent.

What mental gymnastics are being posted defending him for this? "Well it's no big deal, he was just a waiver claim anyway. No harm."

Edit: I dunno how I got to this particular thread, but you know what? I'm keeping this comment because I hate this team and GM and everyone deserves to know

Reactions: mr4tno

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Could have just done what Johnny Hockey did when he reached his life long dream of playing slightly closer to home.

For Sedlak, anything in the NY region could have worked.

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
Want to trade babies?
Swapping babies like hockey cards.

But for real being a league min guy in the NHL while his whole family is back home can’t be worth it, even if the salary is superior.

Nice to see more people making this choice early in life.

FlyerFire

Feb 16, 2003
Visit site
Fletcher should have known about this for a bit. Considering Tolvanen was just on waivers, it would have allowed the Flyers to grab him, if it was a terminated contract, no?

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Fletcher should have known about this for a bit. Considering Tolvanen was just on waivers, it would have allowed the Flyers to grab him, if it was a terminated contract, no?
The termination happened after tolvanen being waived and claimed so I don’t believe it would’ve been allowed.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
The Torts in the NHL they say are mighty fine, but one rolled off the table and killed a friend o' mine.

I don't want no more of NHL life. Geee but i wanna go home.

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
He didn’t seem to be doing too bad within the confines of his role? :dunno: Just stats watching tho. Hopefully there’s nothing bad on the home front pulling him back.
Actually he sucked. No normal GM would have picked him up, but 1/3 of Fletcher's Flyers are waiver wire/AHL fodder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad