Confirmed Trade: [PHI/BUF] Rasmus Ristolainen for Robert Hagg, 2021 1st round pick, 2023 2nd round pick

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
The crazy thing is, looking back at that draft day, the Reinhart trade happened AFTER the Bruins got Zbroil, DeBrusk and Senyshyn. And there were at least 2 talents that people were surprised the Bruins had passed on.

I know it was probably agreed upon days before, but when Chiarelli saw three players sitting there at 16 that he didnt expect to have a crack at, you'd think he would've pulled the plug and drafted their pick. Barzal, Connor or Boeser riding shotgun with McDavid from draft day onwards would've been a hell of a thing.
I think it was reported at the time the expectation was they were taking Eriksson-Ek if they stayed at 16.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I think it was reported at the time the expectation was they were taking Eriksson-Ek if they stayed at 16.

Flames traded their pick in that range too. It was revealed later on that if they had not traded for Dougie, they were planning on drafting Chabot. Flames potentially would have attacked the first two rounds 2015 by walking away with Chabot, Andersson and Kylington for D and perhaps another forward with the extra 2nd rounder.

The only other I recall being mentioned was Connor and Konecny in that range. I somehow don't even recall Boeser and Barzal discussed in that range for the Flames.

Kinda crazy in hindsight how many variations there seemed to be in that range of the 2015 draft.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Flames traded their pick in that range too. It was revealed later on that if they had not traded for Dougie, they were planning on drafting Chabot. Flames potentially would have attacked the first two rounds 2015 by walking away with Chabot, Andersson and Kylington for D and perhaps another forward with the extra 2nd rounder.

The only other I recall being mentioned was Connor and Konecny in that range. I somehow don't even recall Boeser and Barzal discussed in that range for the Flames.

Kinda crazy in hindsight how many variations there seemed to be in that range of the 2015 draft.
Wildly believed Leafs would have traded down if Marner went at 3 to Arizona. The draft is built on a house of cards outside maybe the locked in top 1 or 2 picks. Everything else could be dramatically altered just by changing what team was in what place. One or two WTF type picks has a massive domino effect.

Reactions: Fig

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad