Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

What I like best is it's obvious that Ron has put a lot of thought in his drafting and player acquisition and retention strategy, that he understands it's more about drafting, player development in every aspect is just as important.

"We’re not just developing the players, it’s developing the person. We want pros. We want guys to understand the value in eating the right way and getting enough rest and recovery. There’s so much to it, becoming a pro. It gets them out of junior and it makes them think they know it all, we all did including myself. 20 years old, always think you know it all when you really don’t know a lot. It’s a long process."

It's easy to forget that Ron went through it all, instant star, then he regressed, went into exile, returned a more mature player. He understands the ups and downs of NHL life more than many stars who didn't "ride the rollercoaster."

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Cates makes the cut. Three local kids in Barratt, Samuelsson, & Primeau.

As far as draft eligible guys go no Wilde but Miller & Samuelsson make the cut.

Really excited to see how he progresses this year. 1th in the USHL in scoring as a "rookie" (well he had played 13 games before that)

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It’s a deep forward group listed there with really no one as a real NHL threat. Hughes is the only 2019 draft eligible kid upfront listed but their U18 team next year is going to be loaded so others could push despite not be named right now.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
How did he get this name? Does it have something to do with Get Him to the Greek?

Someone had a typo once where they put "Hakstok" in, and we ran with it. Then someone else had a typo where they put "Dan" instead of "Dave" and we ran with it, then we changed it to "Jeff" occasionally, just as a sign of aggressive disrespect.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Is... uh... is 1th good... ?
2dw6o3p.gif

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
3 more sleeps and what the" he" double l is betweenness , isn't that where you put the peanut butter

Reactions: Larry44

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Well, Rubtsov's skating is noticeably not all that great. His stride is short and there's not much power. It's actually one of the two things I point to most holding him back: his skating and a level of urgency/aggressiveness with pucks. Anyone who doesn't think he has a good amount of natural skill is out to lunch though. His frame of mind about using his skill just looked totally out of whack this year, even worse than previous years.
that is saaaad because in hist 1st WJC year that was one of the things that I noticed.. his skating and his TKA in the middle of the ice. IMO his skating was very good and his ability hunt the puck was probably the best in tournament that year,

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Betweenness stats for Laczynski and Allison.
3 more sleeps and what the" he" double l is betweenness , isn't that where you put the peanut butter

Never did I think network theory would have a place on HF, but here we are. :laugh:

It’s basically a measure of importance to the whole (team). If you care about the actual details, I can point you toward some articles where it’s used in a hockey sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad