Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
They're bad. But he's also tied for the worst and the team is -13 as a whole. But he finished massively positive (although still minus) relative to his teammates last year. +/- is a fickle thing. Hard to say how much of the blame he shares without watching.
I thought they would be decent this year. They seemed to have good young talent. Their leading scorer 5v5 has 5 points. Merkley is probably the most talented player and he's a bit of a mess without the puck from what I have seen. Even so, he's only been on the ice for 5 5v5 goals through 12 games.

Interesting. Is this to call up McDonald? Maybe Hakstol couldn't bear having a M(a)cDonald in his line-up?

Probably healthy enough to play now. Sending him down to the Phantoms, but has to clear waivers first.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Myers is day to day.

Brennan is out 2-3 weeks, presumably from when he got hurt on October 14th.

If Morin goes on the Flyers road trip and Myers is fit, their top 6 on Wednsday will have 5 RHD.

O'Neil-Alt
Friedman-Willcox
Myers-Lamarche

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I thought they would be decent this year. They seemed to have good young talent. Their leading scorer 5v5 has 5 points. Merkley is probably the most talented player and he's a bit of a mess without the puck from what I have seen. Even so, he's only been on the ice for 5 5v5 goals through 12 games.

They should be better than last year, but I also don't think they have enough game breaking offensive talent, especially at center, where their depth is meager. Just feels like a bunch of meat and potatoes support pieces. There's Merkley, and his messy off puck play is without question, but even with the puck, for as talented as he is, he makes a ton of boneheaded, overcomplicated, me-first plays. I doubt all of Guelph's top players will finish the year at this -60 pace, but it doesn't look good either.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The Phantoms will be stacked up front in 18-19 if only Lindblom is promoted.

Martel(RFA, waiver eligible)-Vecchione-NAK
Carey-Varone-Conner(AHL deal)
Rubtsov-Vorobyev-Laberge
Bunnaman-Fazleev-Knight
Bardreau, Goulbourne (RFA, waiver eligible)

Plus AHL eligible but as yet unsigned forward prospects
Twarysnki - deadline 6/1/2018
Salinitri - 6/1/2018
Kase 6/1/2019
Marody - 8/15/2019
Allison - 8/15/2020
Laczynski - 8/15/2020

Reactions: jd2210

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Rubtsov is on the Russian roster for the Super Series. Ustimenko is not.

Oh look, exactly what we said would happen, meanwhile Dave Isaac was all confused on twitter about how Rubtsov didn't get added to the QMJHL team. :laugh:

f***ing dunce.
4wbrAPC.jpg

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Oh look, exactly what we said would happen, meanwhile Dave Isaac was all confused on twitter about how Rubtsov didn't get added to the QMJHL team. :laugh:

****ing dunce.
4wbrAPC.jpg

I can't understand why he doesn't use this photo, the real one, on his Twitter account. It's pretty vain of him to have a Photoshopped version as his profile pic, in my humble opinion. Hard to take a guy seriously who won't willingly show his real face, i.e. this picture here that you have been kind enough to share with us.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I can't understand why he doesn't use this photo, the real one, on his Twitter account. It's pretty vain of him to have a Photoshopped version as his profile pic, in my humble opinion. Hard to take a guy seriously who won't willingly show his real face, i.e. this picture here that you have been kind enough to share with us.
Honestly, it'd be easier to take him seriously if that was his real face but he actually did his job properly. :laugh:

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
For anyone interested this Saturday's phantoms game vs Hartford has a post game autograph session.

this is what I love about minor league hockey. meeting players post game, running into them at a bar/restaurant after a game. Of course I dont go running around asking for autos when they are looking to relax and have a meal/beer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad