Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
Yeah lamarche started out in the 3v3. Crazy how he goes from echl to being used in PP and OT opportunities.

Friedman got borded really bad, head hit the glass then the Dasher ledger. Really hope it's not a bad concussion.

Morin had huge minutes. Definitely not 3rd pair.

In the OT PP they had a lindblom-vorobyev pair with Carey and I think it was O'Neil at the point, couldn't really see.

Vorobyev, Martel, and Morin were the best players on the ice IMO

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Yes, it was O'Neil at the point on the PP for the final shift with Carey, Lindblom and Vorobyev. Friedman appears on the ice celebrating after the goal so he seems OK.

Reactions: BringBackBerube

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
From the radio broadcast and Bill M's tweets, it sounds like Sam and Oskar had good games.

On Gordon, I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt. The Phantoms are improving and we have some young players who've learned a lot there.

On player slotting and minutes, it's worth remembering that Hexy is the GM at LHV. When he worked for Dean in LA, he was GM of their AHL team at Manchester. He seems to be following a similar model that the Kings used; extensive AHL time for a lot of the prospects, and the expectation that the minor league club will be a winning environment. As a result, we've seen reliance on Phantom veterans who won't be playing for the Flyers, but are very capable AHL players. During Hexy's seven years with the Kings, the Monarchs only missed the playoffs once.

Hexy has a plan that Gordon is following. I sure hope it works. If it doesn't, there'll be a lot of time to debate the wisdom of icing "competitive" teams at the AHL and NHL levels whose competitiveness held them back from truly rebuilding.

I just hope to god that we won't be hearing, in four years, how the Leafs' model worked and the Flyers' just wasn't bold enough.

We'll see.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Toronto plays its share of geriatrics:
Marleau 38
Rozak 31
Komarov 31
Hainsey 36
As a matter of fact, they don't have a lot of under 25 players:
Reilly 23 D #5 - 2012
Matthews 20 C #1 - 2015
Nylander 21 C #8 - 2014
Marner 20 C #4 - 2015
Brown 24 RW 6th rd - 2012
Borgman 22 D -2017 (UDFA?)
Carrick 23 D - 2016 trade for Winnik

Basically they had 4 top 10 picks in three years, that's their "Youth Movement."

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
"Save Radko" does not compute for me. He lost a fight badly into which he was eager to enter but he's supposed to be one of the (few) tough guys on this squad. If he can't stick up for himself ...

Radko is not tough. He along the likes of Orpik, and Kronwall are more than happy to lay a huge hit without being able to handle themselves in fights. Its a weird day in hockey when guys like this exist.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Radko is not tough. He along the likes of Orpik, and Kronwall are more than happy to lay a huge hit without being able to handle themselves in fights. Its a weird day in hockey when guys like this exist.

Well this is stupid.

Kronwall REFUSES to drop the gloves after a big hit. He's a coward.

Gudas is more than willing and wins fights just as often as he loses them.

Orpik is willing to fight but loses every fight.

None of these 3 are comparable.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Radko has fought 9 times as a Flyer in 2 seasons+9 games....and this was his 1st loss. The others were draws and win.

I don't look at Gudas as a great fighter to be feared, but to say he is not tough is dumb. He has fought Bieksa, Wilson, McIlrath, Borowiecki, Prust, Byfuglien, M.Foligno x2, Iginla x2, Parros x2, etc...

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Radko has fought 9 times as a Flyer in 2 seasons+9 games....and this was his 1st loss. The others were draws and win.

I don't look at Gudas as a great fighter to be feared, but to say he is not tough is dumb. He has fought Bieksa, Wilson, McIlrath, Borowiecki, Prust, Byfuglien, M.Foligno x2, Iginla x2, Parros x2, etc...

Not that it really matters much these days but Gudas is willing. He doesn’t really throw great hands but he’s a pretty strong guy which keeps him mostly from getting embarrassed sans the other night where Bieksa just got the jump on him before they could even lock up.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Not that it really matters much these days but Gudas is willing. He doesn’t really throw great hands but he’s a pretty strong guy which keeps him mostly from getting embarrassed sans the other night where Bieksa just got the jump on him before they could even lock up.

Was kind of a bullshit move by Bieksa if you ask me.

Apparently he has done that "jump punch" to someone else too.

Hopefully the next time he drops his glove he ends up losing some teeth.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Was kind of a bull**** move by Bieksa if you ask me.

Apparently he has done that "jump punch" to someone else too.

Hopefully the next time he drops his glove he ends up losing some teeth.

It’s a fight. Bieksa did nothing wrong.

There’s been times when that strategy has backfired like here for example.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Funny how there was excitement over .Vecchione signing, now "crickets."

He's off to a good start and actually has a nice package that fits well, good size at 5'10 204, decent skater, can play C or RW, had a great scoring touch in college and off to a good start in the AHL.

If he keeps this up, might just be the first callup from LHV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad