PGT: Summerslam 2017

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I felt better leaving this show this year than last year.

Cesaro had the spot of the night. Thank god somebody did something about the beach ball.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
well i guess ive never seen it "done right" in the 8 or 10 matches ive seen lesner use it because every opponent landed flat on their stomach.

It's meant to land on the stomach. He delivered it with a lot more force early in his first run. Then he threw A-Train on his head and toned it down ever since.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
neville NEEDS A legit opponent. why is he still cruiserweight champ again. "dumb wwe" too bad austin aries left..

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
The fatal four way was great in the first 5-10 minutes when it was absolute insanity. It calmed down big time once Lesnar got stretchered away and never picked it back up from there. IMO, the rest of the match was really lame and the hot start doesn't justify giving it a very good rating when you look at the match as a whole.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The fatal four way was great in the first 5-10 minutes when it was absolute insanity. It calmed down big time once Lesnar got stretchered away and never picked it back up from there. IMO, the rest of the match was really lame and the hot start doesn't justify giving it a very good rating when you look at the match as a whole.

I think the hot 10 minutes keeps it at **** level alone. If they could have kept up half that pace (which wasn't realistic unless they match ended at 12 minutes instead of 20) it could have been closer to *****, but obviously that didn't happen.

Oct 18, 2011
The amount of time really screwed Joe he really didnt get a chance to shine. But the mission was clear, Braun has to be the star without winning and he was

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'd give this show a C-.

Way too many title changes, especially some changes which happened way too soon (New Day + Tozawa dropping so soon). Then the titles that didn't change hands were even more questionable to me, especially Jinder. The guy just can't be champ anymore. Take the title off of him and relegate him to the midcard, and let the Singh brothers become a part of the tag division. Lesnar retaining isn't all bad because I believe it sets up Lesnar vs Strowman, but the match made Joe look like a complete fool. Hardly got any offence in, was constantly being beaten down, and looked like he didn't belong anywhere near that main event even though we know he does.

Then on a personal level I wasn't happy seeing Bliss lose her title but Vince is going to want Banks/Bayley as quickly as possible, even though he'll half-ass it and get a much, much worse version of the rivalry that we saw in NXT. He'll probably think it's gold, though.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
As mentioned in the GDT, Dean Ambrose is the youngest grand slam champion in history beating out The Miz by a few months. He's the only member of The Shield to be a grand slam champion (Reigns and Rollins both require the IC Title).

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
PPV: DUD

I sort of thought Nakamura might win, but glad he didn't. Prefer him to win it with more than one week buildup.

Main event was good when Reigns wasn't cocking his arm or whatever that trash is every 2 seconds. Absolute joke how little offense Joe got in. Also, Michael Cole is trash. People would be hitting their finishers and he's not even reacting with any emotion to make it seem like the match is going to end there. When Lesnar hit Joe with the F5, Cole acted like nothing even happened. Got more excited for german suplexes.

The heat for Bayley :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Eddy turning over in his grave

Lots of other stuff to **** on like Sasha winning, but this post would get too long. NXT >>>> main

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Watched the main event. That was a Stroman show. His development has been awesome. I only watch the big PPVs occasionally and watching him turn into a legit star is something I didn't expect. I felt Roman was the lesser of the four by far. I get having big monsters but he's just so blah.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't even understand why Bayley is suddenly getting booed. Smarks can be so weird and it is kind of gross how they want to change history on how good she is or how insanely over she was.

God WWE is ****ing awful at making babyfaces. They just ruin them. Also women. They ruin them too. The women's divisions are awful right now. This RAW match had so little heat, and literally who cares about Naomi and Natty? The match was better than it should of been, but it still was a nothing match.

Johnny Wrestling is insanely over and his merch sold out last night in like 4 hours. Vince will **** him up and he will be jobbing like Sami or worse.

Why in the holy **** is Jinder still champ? Nakamura looked like an idiot.

Best thing I've seen so far is Corbin looking like the geek he is. That and the SD tag match. That was great.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
She's getting booed because her character is trash and her promos are even worse. Never fully understood why she was so over in the first place honestly.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
She's getting booed because her character is trash and her promos are even worse. Never fully understood why she was so over in the first place honestly.

Because the above isn't true. You can't just pretend she wasn't insanely over both in NXT and when she got called up.

The main roster can't book babyfaces and wrecked her.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This show sucked ass. Main event had some real fun moments, but Brock still being champ is stupid.

Braun looked great, Roman was not good, and they did Joe zero favors.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Because the above isn't true. You can't just pretend she wasn't insanely over both in NXT and when she got called up.

The main roster can't book babyfaces and wrecked her.
I don't know why it worked so well in NXT, but it did. Still think at some point she needs to grow up (in character). More exposure might be part of the booing as well.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Johnny Wrestling is insanely over and his merch sold out last night in like 4 hours. Vince will **** him up and he will be jobbing like Sami or worse.

He's not a WWE creation, so of course he won't be pushed to his potential. Just like 99% of guys who made their name somewhere other than the WWE.

This is all on Vince and his gigantic ego. He can't just push a guy that's over and make a ton of money. No, he has to make sure his guys go over, because he wants to prove that only the WWE can make actual superstars.

At least Hunter has some grasp on reality, and is willing to push these people while they're in NXT.

Last edited:

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
NXT stars are naturally over because they're booked better and we also aren't poisoned with seeing them every week. For a 3 hour Raw, there's not a lot of guys that I want to see on my TV every week. With that much show...every major player has to have something to do...whether it's a good story or not.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Miz-Hardyz 6-man tag: Meh, didn't do anything for me. Miz comes out looking the best, I guess.

Neville-Tozawa: Decent match...there's been better CW title matches. Nevile should have the title so I'm good with the result.

Smackdown Tag title: One of the better matches of the night...these two teams always show out. Should've opened the actual show.

Cena-Corbin: Cena was goofy throughout the match and basically no-sold Corbin's offense. Didn't do anything for either guy.

Natalya-Naomi: Didn't watch much of it...was hoping for cash in but I guess it can wait.

Cass-Show: Stupid match with a stupid gimmick. Love that Cass wrecked Enzo again.

Orton-Rusev: This accomplished nothing. Rusev comes back to the roster and gets sacked with a gimmick match loss to Cena and now an insta-loss to Orton.

Banks-Bliss: Okay match...a few good spots. These two are so tiny but they're are a good pairing. Bummed that Alexa loss but Sasha is the only other legit woman on Raw right now.

Balor-Wyatt: I actually expected a squash by the Demon but they let Wyatt get in some offense. Wyatt's expressions throughout the match was entertaining. Okay match at best.

Raw Tag title: Both tag title matches were strong. This was an easy result to predict but still cool to see Ambrose-Rollins with the titles. Good stuff.

Styles-Owens: I really wanted to see less crap with Shane. Too many ref bumps but it forwards the story with Shane and Owens. Styles needs a new program. The quality of the match still left me wanting...none of their matches I'd consider to be great.

Jinder-Nakamura: Mahal can't win legitimately unless it's non-title. This was the biggest disappointment on the card. Nakamura didn't enough time to get a great match out of Jinder. Singh interference gets old.

Fatal 4-Way: Fun as hell...a spot fest for most of the match. Brock being stretchered off and returning has been done before but it was still a fun moment. Braun was the MVP of the match...no one can argue otherwise. Joe looked weak in the match...only downside. Roman was spamming with those stupid punches. This was a match of mostly signature moves and very little wrestling sequences. Longest match on the card...I wouldn't have guessed that.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
the way they are copy-pasting finishes for Jinder, wouldnt surprise me at all if the Singh Brothers are under the ring at Hell in a Cell

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
the way they are copy-pasting finishes for Jinder, wouldnt surprise me at all if the Singh Brothers are under the ring at Hell in a Cell

Well, they can basically just recreate the prison match with Hell in a Cell...basically the same gimmick. Is Nakamura getting a second crack at Jinder? Nobody else is worthy right now. Styles has a title already.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Well, they can basically just recreate the prison match with Hell in a Cell...basically the same gimmick. Is Nakamura getting a second crack at Jinder? Nobody else is worthy right now. Styles has a title already.

dirty finish, I imagine he will get another shot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad