PGT: Summerslam 2017

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Orton could probably have a good match with Rusev now that he's motivated again from squashing him.

Dillinger is dead because WWE wanted him dead.

Dude was so over for the first few weeks. Undeafted. Then just removed from TV. Then comes back for 1 show and disappears again.

He still gets solid reactions and the crowd still chants 10 when he's not around. But they killed something else that they made huge.

It's funny... people complain about WWE not making stars. Fact is... They do. But then they cut them off immedately.

Cesaro is another guy that was getting super over and they just squashed it. There's no brass ring. There's a whether Vince likes you or not.

Goes as far back as Christian.

Honestly I think the "10" chant is over, not Dillinger himself. It's completely different from say, a Daniel Bryan, imo, where they tried to transfer the "yes" chant to someone else and it failed. I think if you transferred the "10" chant to someone else it'd be okay. And he was never a top guy in NXT, I didn't even really expect him to hold a midcard title on the main roster.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If you're Kenny Omega and you're seeing how Nakamura is being booked to look like a geek against Jinder, what's enticing you to leave New Japan when you already didn't really want to go begin with?

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
If you're Kenny Omega and you're seeing how Nakamura is being booked to look like a geek against Jinder, what's enticing you to leave New Japan when you already didn't really want to go begin with?

Did you really think he was a geek? He dominated 90% of the match, and interference from two guys distracted him, both of which he destroyed, and Jinder snuk out another victory. I don't see Nakamura as hurt at all, and I'd like to see Nak as champ, but with a nice buildup.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yeah, just because he lost, doesn't mean he's a "geek". I'm also sure that Omega understands business aspects and would realize it makes no sense to take the title off of Jinder heading into the Indian Tour, but rather at the next PPV after the tour.

And I'm someone who doesn't like Jinder as champ.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016

How horrible being in the ME of the 2nd biggest show of the year after 6 months of debuting onto the main roster. Adding in having a special entrance as well. Lets not forget Omega was booked to lose in the Dome when it would of made sense to give him the title instead of Okada.

AJ Styles also lost in his first title shot too. Now he is 2.4 Million dollars richer and a former champ and WWE main stay.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
They could do a lot more with Tye, but the guy was always destined to be a low carder. He spent like 10 years in NXT. He managed to find a decent gimmick with a chant (alawys either have a chant or hand gesture wrestling fans love it) but I don't think he was ever destined for the main event.

He should be on TV more but so should Aiden English and a bunch of other guys. OTOH he should also be happy he survived for so long at the PC and actually finally got called up. Remember at one point he was in a go nowhere tag team with Jason Jordan.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Did you really think he was a geek? He dominated 90% of the match, and interference from two guys distracted him, both of which he destroyed, and Jinder snuk out another victory. I don't see Nakamura as hurt at all, and I'd like to see Nak as champ, but with a nice buildup.

This. That match was about telling a story, and both I thought did a great job telling that story.

The classic "old school heel" was the guy who every week you craved to see lose, but would always survive by the skin of his teeth, leaving the face to feel like they are the better man, but need to push themselves to find a way to "beat the odds stacked against them"

If they keep working like this, I would not be opposed to shinny (not his actual nickname, but should be) taking it off him eventually. I loves me a good narrative

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I have no idea where you guys are getting this India tour crap from. There is no India tour. Every date in September for Smackdown is in America while Raw is touring China, Japan, Australia and Hawaii.

Where are you guys pulling this India stuff from? It's not real.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I have no idea where you guys are getting this India tour crap from. There is no India tour. Every date in September for Smackdown is in America while Raw is touring China, Japan, Australia and Hawaii.

Where are you guys pulling this India stuff from? It's not real.

they are tyring to find the logic in that copy/paste car crash

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
they are tyring to find the logic in that copy/paste car crash

It's amazing how a full India tour has magically appeared out of nowhere despite all of Smackdown's dates being booked in September and they're all in America.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Is this a fake rumor making the rounds on other websites?

Literally the only thing that comes up when I search "wwe india tour" is sportskeeda. and the post is from 2016.

Seriously where did you guys get this India September tour? I'm genuinely curious.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I think my actual point was that Heyman did absolutely nothing for Axel or Cesaro. I just ffwd or play on my phone when he starts talking.

You can add Ryback to the list.

His only recent successes are Punk and Lesnar and let's face it, he isn't the reason they were over.

That's not to say I don't like Heyman, but he isn't some star maker either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad