PGT: Summerslam 2017

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
If you're Kenny Omega and you're seeing how Nakamura is being booked to look like a geek against Jinder, what's enticing you to leave New Japan when you already didn't really want to go begin with?

I pray Kenny Omega never finds his way to WWE. They'd probably turn him into a janitor and call him The Cleaner. That's it. Not even Kenny Omega, just a guy who brings janitorial equipment to the ring each week and gets squashed by Big Show or something.

I'll bet we see Asuka called up to the main roster and jobbing in no time.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Rusev sucks. Great match by Orton. Loved the RKO.

I think Rusev could be a very good champ in WWE. He's got a great brute strong look. He's impressive in the ring. He moves well for a big man. He just looks like a beast. But he's entertaining on the mic and good in the ring. I am surprised he wasn't pushed to be champ and I do not understand why he's losing like he is. Guy is awesome.

Strowman, Rusev, and Bray could all be mega monsters in the WWE. Two of them have fallen victim to horrible booking. There's hope holding out for Strowman, albeit I am not as impressed with his ring work.

Honestly I think the "10" chant is over, not Dillinger himself. It's completely different from say, a Daniel Bryan, imo, where they tried to transfer the "yes" chant to someone else and it failed. I think if you transferred the "10" chant to someone else it'd be okay. And he was never a top guy in NXT, I didn't even really expect him to hold a midcard title on the main roster.

I don't recall many chants getting over that the wrestler didn't contribute to. Tye did amazing in NXT and I think he's very solid. He reminds me a little of Ryder when he was entertaining and chanted "woo woo woo". If they get booked right at the lower/mid card level, you get the investment that was Ryder's first US title win. Crowd was so mega hot and it was an emotional moment at a small midbelt. If you book them like Natey said, they end up looking like losers because they are on the tv/off the tv and not booked well.

I disagree it's just the chant. It's rarely, if ever, just a chant. The wrestler contributes.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I don't know. The way fans chant "10" during a ring out count... I just feel in this case, it's the chant and not the guy.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Honestly I think the "10" chant is over, not Dillinger himself. It's completely different from say, a Daniel Bryan, imo, where they tried to transfer the "yes" chant to someone else and it failed. I think if you transferred the "10" chant to someone else it'd be okay. And he was never a top guy in NXT, I didn't even really expect him to hold a midcard title on the main roster.
People went nuts for him. They bought his shirt. They stayed invested in his matches on Smackdown until they suddenly took him off TV.

He was never the main guy in NXT because he was never supposed to be. He was brought back as a jobber but the crowd fell for him. And then when he got a gimmick, they loved him even more.

The chant may be over but so was Dillinger. And he still is... Just not as much because he's never around. If it was just the chant that was over... It would still be as strong as ever.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I don't know. The way fans chant "10" during a ring out count... I just feel in this case, it's the chant and not the guy.
And they still chant what or yes. Constantly.

They wouldn't pop for entrances or wins if he wasn't over.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
Come on, you can't compare Nakamura to Omega

Kenny Omega would be a star in the WWE, no doubt about it. He has too much charisma and in ring ability. He's probably the best wrestler in the world right now, between him AJ Styles and Okada.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Kenny Omega would be a star in the WWE, no doubt about it. He has too much charisma and in ring ability. He's probably the best wrestler in the world right now, between him AJ Styles and Okada.

So, basically, all the things one would say about Nakamura, you describe about Omega, yet cannot compare the two.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005

No. He's good but not THAT good.

Being him to WWE and he'll be neutered as well. He's not on AJ's level, nor Okada. Even Shibata is better if he returns to the ring.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
No. He's good but not THAT good.

Being him to WWE and he'll be neutered as well. He's not on AJ's level, nor Okada. Even Shibata is better if he returns to the ring.

Kenny Omega is one of the best in the world at this moment. He's fantastic, and yes, he's THAT good. His ring work is fantastic and his promo is fantastic...

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Omega is good, but he doesn't want to push himself to the next level in the WWE. You gotta deal with politics, being told what to do, micro manging, its not for everyone.

He enjoys being outside the system, lots of people like that.

One think about Omega but as much as he loves Japan I don't know if they love him back. Lets see if NJPW ever decide to put the main belt on him. I bet he takes a back seat to Okada yet again. Is it better to be a mid carder in Japan or in the WWE ?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
When you have the freedom you do in Japan, Hot Topic deal, etc., Japan... no doubt. He's not even a mid-carder in Japan, though. What a weird thing to say.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Kenny Omega is one of the best in the world at this moment. He's fantastic, and yes, he's THAT good. His ring work is fantastic and his promo is fantastic...
One of the best. Sure. If that list is 15-20 people long, then I agree.

Omega is incredible and would be booked on any show I did. But he's not my favourite in-ring worker. Not by far. His promo is great. His ring work is very good. He's a five tool wrestler but there's 4 or 5 guys in Japan alone I would rather watch in the ring. And two women.

Omega is good, but he doesn't want to push himself to the next level in the WWE. You gotta deal with politics, being told what to do, micro manging, its not for everyone.

He enjoys being outside the system, lots of people like that.

One think about Omega but as much as he loves Japan I don't know if they love him back. Lets see if NJPW ever decide to put the main belt on him. I bet he takes a back seat to Okada yet again. Is it better to be a mid carder in Japan or in the WWE ?
To be fair mid-carder in Japan is a bit wrong. At the very least, he's an upper mid-carder. But Main Eventer is more likely. He's usually in one of the top matches.

He just lost in the G1 to Naito so he'll be waiting awhile.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Alvarez and Meltzer were laughing that Corbin has heat because he went crazy on Twitter last week yelling at everyone and they had him spend the entire match yelling at everyone in the crowd. :laugh:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Mega professional.

I kind of want to think they told him "yell at everyone in the crowd!" And then when he got backstage, Triple H went up to him in NXT Papa Hunter mode and told him "you see what happens when you yell at people? You lose."

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I was gassed after the pre-show. Myself and my buddies always get the big 4 ppv's and we could barely keep our eyes open.

NXT once again destroyed the next night PPV.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I forgot how awesome the Demon entrance is. God I can't wait for the Mania version.

His entrance made me think two things. One this feud with Bray has been awful, and it should never have been awful.

Two, Finn needs to go to SD.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I just finished the show after 4 sessions over the last 2 days. What a mess. A great main event but 2 or 3 solid matches and a bunch of garbage in the first 3 and a half hours of the show.

Yikes.

And my only wish in life is that Ruru gets canned and signs with Anthem. I would straight up switch to TNA if that happened.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
The Big Show/Cass match might be the worst match i have ever seen. It made Undertaker vs Undertaker look like Dunne & Bate

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I just finished the show after 4 sessions over the last 2 days. What a mess. A great main event but 2 or 3 solid matches and a bunch of garbage in the first 3 and a half hours of the show.

Yikes.

And my only wish in life is that Ruru gets canned and signs with Anthem. I would straight up switch to TNA if that happened.

Why would you want him to sign there when there are plenty better organizations?

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
from Big Daddy Meltz

TakeOver:
Almas vs. Gargano: 4.25
SANitY vs. Authors of Pain: 3.75
Itami vs. Black: 4.25
Asuka vs. Moon: 4.5
McIntyre vs. Roode: 4.25

SummerSlam:
Miztourage vs. Jordan/Hardys: 2
Neville vs. Tozawa: 3.5
Usos vs. New Day: 4
Cena vs. Corbin: 2
Natalya vs. Naomi: 3
Cass vs. Show: 1
Orton vs. Rusev: no rating
Banks vs. Bliss: 3
Balor vs. Wyatt: 2.75
Ambrose/Rollins vs. Cesaro/Sheamus: 4
Styles vs. Owens: 3.75
Mahal vs. Nakamura: 2.5
Lesnar vs. Joe vs. Reigns vs. Strowman: 4.75

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
from Big Daddy Meltz

TakeOver:
Almas vs. Gargano: 4.25
SANitY vs. Authors of Pain: 3.75
Itami vs. Black: 4.25
Asuka vs. Moon: 4.5
McIntyre vs. Roode: 4.25

SummerSlam:
Miztourage vs. Jordan/Hardys: 2
Neville vs. Tozawa: 3.5
Usos vs. New Day: 4
Cena vs. Corbin: 2
Natalya vs. Naomi: 3
Cass vs. Show: 1
Orton vs. Rusev: no rating
Banks vs. Bliss: 3
Balor vs. Wyatt: 2.75
Ambrose/Rollins vs. Cesaro/Sheamus: 4
Styles vs. Owens: 3.75
Mahal vs. Nakamura: 2.5
Lesnar vs. Joe vs. Reigns vs. Strowman: 4.75

So by that math, Takeover averaged a 4.2 and SummerSlam a 2.79.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad