Player Discussion Peyton Krebs C/LW (acquired from Vegas)

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
At what point does tangible evidence overtake potential in these polls? So far Krebs curve is behind Quinn.

In his only 7 games at the AHL level, he has 10 points. He was obviously rushed into the NHL this year due to an injury-riddled Vegas team. And remember, he lost some developmental time due to that Achilles injury. Severe Achilles injuries often take 2 full years to recover from.

I am not worried about his "tangible evidence" in the least.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Lol based on what? Krebs looked slow on his NHL Vegas call up, it's why all the sudden Vegas added him. Quinn is absolutely demolishing the AHL.

Krebs was doing very well in the AHL, too. He's probably been a bit rushed because of Vegas' injuries. Remember he had that achilles injury in his draft year and had a disjointed season last year (like basically everyone), so his development path has had some hurdles in it. He's got the talent, though.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
If they do put Krebs between Quinn & JJP, here are their combined AHL stats for this season with Krebs having 5a in 2GP for Henderson this season:

16GP 7G 18A 25 Pts
I’m friggin giddy over the idea of that line gelling and being successful for years to come. Thinking about getting Amerks tix next Friday to see them play.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Based on the fact that I'm not willing to write off a highly talented skilled young player after 9 NHL games for a team that's struggling?
I'm not writing off Krebs, I am asking how you would even have him ahead of Quinn at this point in their careers, Quinn is ahead of Krebs on the curve.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Kinda sucks that the kid gets shipped out of Vegas 3 months before he turns 21 :laugh:

He didn't even get a chance to (legally) enjoy sin city

Reactions: Club and Dirty Dog

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Krebs was doing very well in the AHL, too. He's probably been a bit rushed because of Vegas' injuries. Remember he had that achilles injury in his draft year and had a disjointed season last year (like basically everyone), so his development path has had some hurdles in it. He's got the talent, though.
Yeah I'm not writing off Krebs or denying his potential he has, this is more saying that Quinn deserves to be #1 in our prospect poll right now. It's not a knock on Krebs its more of a boon for Quinn because we have huge potential now.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Yeah I'm not writing off Krebs or denying his potential he has, this is more saying that Quinn deserves to be #1 in our prospect poll right now. It's not a knock on Krebs its more of a boon for Quinn because we have huge potential now.

I have Power at #1 regardless of Krebs.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I'm not writing off Krebs, I am asking how you would even have him ahead of Quinn at this point in their careers, Quinn is ahead of Krebs on the curve.
You say that like it is obvious and inarguable when I reckon it's almost entirely based on a two week AHL hot streak. It is totally reasonable for anyone to have one over the other -- including JJ for that matter.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

I honestly think that given the pandemic, it is hard to say that either player is ahead or behind right now.

They both have a small sample size at the AHL level (7gp for Krebs and 22gp for Quinn) with Krebs being slightly above a PPG and Quinn being slightly below a PPG. And their numbers at last year's WJCs were similar with Krebs being slightly above a PPG and Quinn being slightly below a PPG.

And they are similar ages as they are both 2001s with Krebs being a week shy of being 8 months older than Quinn.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

So happy for you guys. I can't say it enough and can't stay away. Sabre fans were easily my favorite visitors to Amalie over the years and maybe that's what's doing this for me so much. I almost can't believe what I'm reading there. Get Krebs over to Rochester and when the time is right, get him working with Jack Quinn. And as the season goes along, get them working so well they could make each other's breakfast just how the other likes it.

What a freaking win by Adams. And LMFAO! Who would've ever guessed Okposo and Skinner's contracts would one day be what keeps you guys in cap compliance? Life sure is one ironic bitch ain't it?

2 others

Mar 9, 2021
So basically he is the new Reinhardt in terms of hockey IQ (or at least close to it), but with a higher motor and compete level?

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
What's nice is with Kreb's he's already passed 9 games, so his contract won't slide if we leave him in the minors all year. My guess is he'll get a good bit on NHL time. Quinn and Peterka might be limited because the front office wants that 1st entry level year to slide.

Reactions: Club

zuikan

Mar 26, 2018
If they put Krebs in the middle of Peterka and Quinn I’ll get the Ahl.tv package again.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
That tidbit that he played defense for a couple of games for the Ice in his final WHL season due to injuries and picked up 6 points in 2 games is just the funniest.

High-motor, high-character player with leadership and skill? Yes please.

Reverse-Patches

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad