Player Discussion Peyton Krebs C/LW (acquired from Vegas)

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I'd have Krebs ahead of Quinn but behind JJ. It's a style thing. I wouldn't be shocked if JJ puts up the fewest points but has a Drury-like impact
Lol based on what? Krebs looked slow on his NHL Vegas call up, it's why all the sudden Vegas added him. Quinn is absolutely demolishing the AHL.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Yeah, I think he would be. I would imagine some (notably those cool on Power) would have him 1......but I personally wouldn't be able to justify JJP or Quinn above Krebs. Krebs' ceiling is too high.
At what point does tangible evidence overtake potential in these polls? So far Krebs curve is behind Quinn.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Would Krebs be #2 in our prospect ratings? Quinn is on fire right now.

I mean, people put Peterka ahead of Quinn on the strength of his preseason performance, so he could slot in anywhere from #2-4. Personally, I'd put him behind Quinn but ahead of Peterka, but that's not how the majority of this board voted.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

MeenOlViks

May 25, 2015
Lol based on what? Krebs looked slow on his NHL Vegas call up, it's why all the sudden Vegas added him. Quinn is absolutely demolishing the AHL.
I agree with this. Krebs has looked slow and I think he needs more AHL cooking. Not a big deal though, he'll be a good one.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I mean, people put Peterka ahead of Quinn on the strength of his preseason performance, so he could slot in anywhere from #2-4. Personally, I'd put him behind Quinn but ahead of Peterka, but that's not how the majority of this board voted.

FWIW i am the same as you but at the same time all of these guys are interchangeable. As said - since we added Power & Krebs along with strong development from both Quinn/JJP - the future looks bright. Add Cozens & Dahlin too even they don't technically qualify as prospects... Very strong group.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
If they do put Krebs between Quinn & JJP, here are their combined AHL stats for this season with Krebs having 5a in 2GP for Henderson this season:

16GP 7G 18A 25 Pts

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
That reminds me of one of those 04-05 Amerks lines. So much talent there.

I'm over-the-moon about Krebs. I honestly think he's a perfect playmaker for Quinn. Put those two together for years to come.

I definitely was reminded of Vanek-Roy-Pominville, but I think there's the potential for even more from this trio. Krebs plays a much more complete game than Roy ever did, same for Quinn vis-a-vis Vanek. Putting those 3 together now could grow us one heck of a line for the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad