Petr Mrazek

Status
Not open for further replies.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Howard and Mrazek have both been very good this year. Nice to see. IMO, neither has won the starting job yet and the competition is still ongoing.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I'd say it's more no one has lost the starting job. They're both playing sooo damn well they could each be starters on other teams.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
If we talk about Petr specifically, he's definitely toned down a bit. To the better. He's still an aggressive goalie but his challenges don't seem to be as extravagant this year, thus meaning he stays in position better. The team hasn't played good for the most part when he's been in the net, so his numbers are extremely encouraging.

We're definitely having the positive type of goaltending tandem right now.

HomersWorld

Mar 8, 2012
If we talk about Petr specifically, he's definitely toned down a bit. To the better. He's still an aggressive goalie but his challenges don't seem to be as extravagant this year, thus meaning he stays in position better. The team hasn't played good for the most part when he's been in the net, so his numbers are extremely encouraging.

We're definitely having the positive type of goaltending tandem right now.

Petr is definitely refining his style. He's more patient this year and is making almost everything look easy.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I'd say it's more no one has lost the starting job. They're both playing sooo damn well they could each be starters on other teams.

I think Mrazek has been the more "dominant" of the two. His games have seen more big saves and I think his games have been more difficult.

That said, both are playing great and should keep splitting starts till one falters.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I like the way you think :handclap:

It's probably what I'll end up doing too.

Larkin is a safe deal. Mrazek not so much. So buying Larkin 1st might be wise.

Howard vs Mrazek
Howard has played all but one game at home.
Mrazek all but one on the road.
Mrazek is 4-3. Howard is 3-2-1.
Slight edge Mrazek.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
So did howie play good at all? Is mrazek gonna steal the job

His last couple games he has had a 910 save% Dont think he's really gonna be back to being the Howie of 2013.

If not for that shutout his stats are above average to average i think it would be.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

His last couple games he has had a 910 save% Dont think he's really gonna be back to being the Howie of 2013.

If not for that shutout his stats are above average to average i think it would be.

No he hasn't. His last start was against Tampa, where he posted a .967 save percentage.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

1) It's not stealing the job anymore. It's winning the job. Both are on equal footing. Stealing implies Mrazek would be coming out of nowhere to be good.

2) Howard has been spectacular so far this year. He's a great starting goaltender who gives the Wings a chance to win every game he plays.

And seriously, if the worst games he posts all year are .910 sv% games... we're in some pretty amazing hands.

Everyone who looks at Howard/Mrazek as anything but a ridiculous positive for this roster in 2015 needs to get their head out of their ass.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008

First of all, that's wrong.

Second of all, all goaltenders have games where they play below average. Then they have games where they above average. That's why you don't cherry-pick games to draw a conclusion and instead look at their actual average, which is a .932 sv % for the season....

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Time to trade Howard--Value will never be higher.
No really, we should keep him. We Are in a great position now.
1) It's not stealing the job anymore. It's winning the job. Both are on equal footing. Stealing implies Mrazek would be coming out of nowhere to be good.

2) Howard has been spectacular so far this year. He's a great starting goaltender who gives the Wings a chance to win every game he plays.

And seriously, if the worst games he posts all year are .910 sv% games... we're in some pretty amazing hands.

The stats have changed. .910 might be good or great some years ago, not anymore.
Everyone who looks at Howard/Mrazek as anything but a ridiculous positive for this roster in 2015 needs to get their head out of their ass.
True. We have a great sisuation in goal now. Definitely our strength so far this season.
I give the slight Edge to Mrazek because he moves the puck much better and it gives the team the better chance to win.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
The stats have changed. .910 might be good or great some years ago, not anymore.

Obviously. He said "if his worst games" were .910. That's honestly an impossible standard, which is why cherry picking one game where he had a .910 sv % is kind of ridiculous. Carey Price has worse games than that all the time. In fact, his last two games have been sub-.900...

Actual Thought*

I love that Mrazek has been much more consistent this year. I still think if the playoffs started today you start the veteran Howard but Mrazek is looking great so far.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Mrazek 5-3, GA 2,07, SV% .938
Howard 3-3-1, GA 2,07, SV% .932

I think Mrazek should be 1A and Howard 1B. I think Blashill should give Mrazek 6 and Howard 4 games.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I love that Mrazek has been much more consistent this year. I still think if the playoffs started today you start the veteran Howard but Mrazek is looking great so far.

No. Mrazek almost beat Bolts last playoffs. It would be very stupid to go with Howard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad