Petr Mrazek (33% retained)

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Galchenyuk for AA and Zetterberg is very close value. When you consider that we take your bad goalie contract off your hands and also give you other pieces on top of Galchenyuk, you start to realize (or should realize) that it's not horrible.

Like I said, Good luck with AA in Europe, Zetterberg ridding off in the sunset, and Mrazek on that bloated contract. We will keep Galchenyuk.

lol just because you, some random person from the internet, tell us it is a good trade, does not mean it is a good trade. I personally want absolutely no part of Galchenyuk at all, let alone giving up three valuable assets for him. I would rather have AA than Galchenyuk, and then you act like Zetterberg is a cap dump lol. He is a 70 point scoring top line center and captain and defensive beast. His age is irrelevant until his play starts declining, which it has not. In this very thread there are better offers for Mrazek alone.

When every single poster in this and every other thread constantly berates you for embarrassingly awful trade proposals, maybe its time to consider that you, and not everyone else, is the unrealistic one.

Reactions: axecrew

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
The Leafs don't need him, but I think the Rangers could use him. They should blow it up and trade Lundqvist and some other guys, and a Goalie like Mrazek would be a great replacement. I think he's a good young(ish) Goalie who can definitely be a starter in the NHL.

Rangers offer.........two 2nd rounders.
Detroit should definitely take this and run, If Gorton offered them 2 2nd rounders for Mrazek.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
lol just because you, some random person from the internet, tell us it is a good trade, does not mean it is a good trade. I personally want absolutely no part of Galchenyuk at all, let alone giving up three valuable assets for him. I would rather have AA than Galchenyuk, and then you act like Zetterberg is a cap dump lol. He is a 70 point scoring top line center and captain and defensive beast. His age is irrelevant until his play starts declining, which it has not. In this very thread there are better offers for Mrazek alone.

When every single poster in this and every other thread constantly berates you for embarrassingly awful trade proposals, maybe its time to consider that you, and not everyone else, is the unrealistic one.

Reality check. Take a look around. 99% of the trade proposals on these boards are considered "terrible". However, I'm glad you feel better that most people disagree with Habs Proposals. Heck, I know a lot of Habs fans who will not touch this trade.

It's a debate and it's OK to debate what you believe. Relax.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Lol Galchenyuk's value is pretty low right now, Zetterberg for Galchenyuk is pretty close to being fair. But Hemsky+Montoya is nowhere close to getting you both AA+Mrazek.

Galchenyuk's value is what Bergevin says it is. Just like what Sakic says what Duchene's value is. If you don't like it, it's all good. Go try to buy low with another GM and see where this gets you.

There is no fair value in trade negotiations. It's about how you feel your teams needs are addressed after the trade. Look at the Subban for Weber trade. I don't mind it but I think it's a questionable move for the Habs to make. I also think we should of got paid a 2nd or 3rd to even out the 4 year age difference.

- Future Potential
- Contract Status

All of these need to be considered when your negotiating a trade. If we had Zetterberg and you had Galchenyuk and our situations were reversed, would you trade Galchenyuk (age 23) for Zetterberg (age 37). I doubt it

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Galchenyuk's value is what Bergevin says it is. Just like what Sakic says what Duchene's value is. If you don't like it, it's all good. Go try to buy low with another GM and see where this gets you.

There is no fair value in trade negotiations. It's about how you feel your teams needs are addressed after the trade. Look at the Subban for Weber trade. I don't mind it but I think it's a questionable move for the Habs to make. I also think we should of got paid a 2nd or 3rd to even out the 4 year age difference.

- Future Potential
- Contract Status

All of these need to be considered when your negotiating a trade. If we had Zetterberg and you had Galchenyuk and our situations were reversed, would you trade Galchenyuk (age 23) for Zetterberg (age 37). I doubt it
And when talking about a guy like Zetterberg, the Red Wings organization sees their best player, captain, and face of the franchise.

If all other teams see is an old guy that is declining and is paid lots of money, discussions aren't even worth bringing up because we are MIIIIILES apart. And that is 100% the case here.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
And when talking about a guy like Zetterberg, the Red Wings organization sees their best player, captain, and face of the franchise.

If all other teams see is an old guy that is declining and is paid lots of money, discussions aren't even worth bringing up because we are MIIIIILES apart. And that is 100% the case here.

Zetterberg is likely retiring after this season or next. It's doubtful he plays those $1M years. So I understand why you value him high but you also have to understand that he is 37 this year and 38 next year. If he is available, teams will be interested but your not getting age 30 value in return. The wings are in rebuild mode. Allowing him to walk like Sundin (and maybe even the Sedins) is not smart assets management. It is funny that they are all swedes though. I have respect for sticking with one team but in today's NHL, it's all about business.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
He deserves better than traded to the Habs though. Habs are no lock to make the playoffs and no better than Detroit right now. It would be an insult after all he has done for the Wings to trade him somewhere he has no chance of winning a Cup.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007

- Future Potential
- Contract Status

So why are you so hot for making the trade like this if you feel so negative about Zetterberg? I don't understand it

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
So why are you so hot for making the trade like this if you feel so negative about Zetterberg? I don't understand it

I'm not hot about the trade. I'm just debating the value is close and I refuse to let other teams fan base devalue our players to a bag of pucks.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
I'm not hot about the trade. I'm just debating the value is close and I refuse to let other teams fan base devalue our players to a bag of pucks.

Um..........Galchenyuk has ONE point in seven games this season, and has only cracked 50 points ONCE in his six year career. He's not that good. You're going to have to face that at SOME point, before he turns 30.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Um..........Galchenyuk has ONE point in seven games this season, and has only cracked 50 points ONCE in his six year career. He's not that good. You're going to have to face that at SOME point, before he turns 30.

MacKinnon:
- Age 22
- 0.69 pts/game over 307 NHL games
- 76 goals. Goal seasons of 24, 14 (18 pro-rated), 21 (24 pr), 16,
- (+/-) of -4

Galchenyuk:
- Age 23
- 0.60 pts/game over 343 NHL games
- 90 goals. Goal seasons of 9 (15 pro-rated), 13 (16 pr), 20, 30, 17 (23 pr)
- (+/-) of -6

I realize MacKinnon > Galchenyuk but you need to open your eyes about Galchenyuk. Anybody who knows anything about him realizes that the Habs have not developed him well and he has not have much ice time and opportunity. Yeah, Galchenyuk has had a tough start to the season but so have the entire Habs roster. This doesn't mean his value has drooped to a bag of pucks level.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Galcheyuk as been a good player in the NHL. So far not this season. It's up to Julien and Gally to get to that "good" status again. Gee Marner of Leafs is having a poor start this season, and I don't see any talk about him being traded..

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
My question here would be... do you qualify the guy next summer and allow him to test the UFA market with Sheahan, Larkin, Mantha, Frk, Athanasiou, Mrazek next summer as RFA and only Booth & Green as UFA (6.8M) that will be out of the books?

The Qualifying Offer would be around 4.6M (current Salary: 4.150M)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad