Peter Ruttgaizer Out - Shannon Hogan In

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014

That's, frankly, inexcusable. If it was John Tavares or Kyle Okposo, the team's two most recognizable players, a reporter can get away with "joking," as, obviously everybody knows who they are. But Anders Lee is a player who's trying to establish himself with the team and the league, and it's just poor practice. I agree with Peter Rutgazer (sp?), it is unprofessional and an example of poor preparation. However, his airing out her dirty laundry, and perhaps, the organizations, is also an example of poor preparation and being unprofessional.

Shannon's got some flaws. I don't have the cleanest mouth in the world, either, but she shouldn't be saying things like "brain fart" on the air. It's just unprofessional.

teknics

@islesblogger/@faithfulisles
Apr 7, 2007
East End
www.theislesfaithful.com
Oh Peter.

There's a way to handle a gaffe with dignity and grace (and self deprecating humor) and you just sound like a bitter person.

JUST because you're in the industry doesn't mean you should comment.

Is Shannon perfect? Nope. But you were in an entirely different realm of imperfection.

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
but she shouldn't be saying things like "brain fart" on the air. It's just unprofessional.

really?

i don't get this mindset. everyone uses phrases like brain fart every day. i'd rather broadcasters sound more like people than not. it's not even the sort of dirty or otherwise verboten word you would be embarrassed if your kid picked up.

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
really?

i don't get this mindset. everyone uses phrases like brain fart every day. i'd rather broadcasters sound more like people than not. it's not even the sort of dirty or otherwise verboten word you would be embarrassed if your kid picked up.

I just don't see it as suitable language for a sports broadcast. Very adolescent.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
This thread? (Most threads...)

Can you blame them? 20 years of misery is a lot to take for any fan base. Nice that it finally looks like its turning around but there is always that thought of uh oh here we go again until they start winning on a consistent basis year after year.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I totally disagree. Jiggs is awesome and I actually prefer him over Howie.

Jiggs is brutal to listen to. He doesn't know the players, he isn't smooth anymore, and his voice has clearly seen better days. He's pretty much washed up. He gets a pass for being nostalgic, and that's it. I'm alright with it for that reason alone, but he really is very bad.

I just don't see it as suitable language for a sports broadcast. Very adolescent.

Anders just should of said, "It's okay, they **** on me too."

OT: I can't seem to see twitter images when they are inserted into posts, anyone know what might be causing that?

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland

67DBerl_zps2e616984.gif

TommytheCat

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
lol... I don't think anyone misses that awkward ruttgaizer stare into the camera .... lol ... Shannon made a mistake , cut some slack... the best was the way lee handled the nystrom no pound .....dapped up himself ....haha

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Jiggs is brutal to listen to. He doesn't know the players, he isn't smooth anymore, and his voice has clearly seen better days. He's pretty much washed up. He gets a pass for being nostalgic, and that's it. I'm alright with it for that reason alone, but he really is very bad.

Anders just should of said, "It's okay, they **** on me too."

OT: I can't seem to see twitter images when they are inserted into posts, anyone know what might be causing that?

He is old and not as good as he used to be but still a great broadcaster who was a joy to listen too. I never mind listening to jiggs and islanders fans like myself who grew up listening to jiggs will never get tired of listening to him. Besides our record is great when jiggs does the games.:yo:

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
It is a good day when this is what we are left to complain about.. Outside of Johnson, we can't find a good whipping boy now that Strait is out of lineup and the team is winning.. If Jiggs, Butch, and Shannon were completely perfect in their deliveries 100% of the time, it would be a much more boring place around here… Howie is the straight man. On live TV, people always make gaffes. It makes for good fun. Would you guys really prefer if there was never a Butchism? It adds to the conversation and enjoyment for me. I think fun is supposed to be part of this?As Islander fans it is understandable that we may have forgotten that.. I think she is doing a fine job and unless she can play backup goalie, I don't mind her continuing to do what she is doing.

Abe Vukota

Free 2ndGenIslander
Jul 23, 2007
Can't believe this is something people really care about.. I barely pay attention during intermission anyway.

Intermission is all about choosing a beer for the next period. As long as Shannon doesn't interfere with that process, I don't care what she does.

Abe Vukota

Free 2ndGenIslander
Jul 23, 2007
lol... I don't think anyone misses that awkward ruttgaizer stare into the camera .... lol ... Shannon made a mistake , cut some slack... the best was the way lee handled the nystrom no pound .....dapped up himself ....haha

Like the few seconds before the hostage is given his script, but the camera has been turned on. That's what Peter made me think of.

And You Feel Shame

Jul 31, 2007

I can't see this one either, and looking at Peter's twitter feed, I am guessing he deleted the tweet that is referenced. Anyone have a copy of what he said?

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
I can't see this one either, and looking at Peter's twitter feed, I am guessing he deleted the tweet that is referenced. Anyone have a copy of what he said?

He did delete it. Said something to the affect of she should have been prepared and something else I can't remember. Either way, his comments were in poor taste.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad