Peter Ruttgaizer Out - Shannon Hogan In

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Man does Peter seem bitter in the few tweets I have seen. Hopefully, he finds something but that type of bitterness comes off as unprofessional and can only hurt him. Whether right or wrong, stay classy Peter and good luck.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
I'm not a fan of Shannon hogan and I have said that from the beginning. She made a pretty big gaffe the other night which was embarrassing and unproffesisional on her part. She comes across as ditzy and not very hockey knowledgeable. I really miss Deb Kaufman who was a pleasure to listen to.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Shannon's fine. What they really need to do is make sure Jiggs does NOT do any more play-by-play. It's torture listening to him.

I totally disagree. Jiggs is awesome and I actually prefer him over Howie.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
I'm not a fan of Shannon hogan and I have said that from the beginning. She made a pretty big gaffe the other night which was embarrassing and unproffesisional on her part. She comes across as ditzy and not very hockey knowledgeable. I really miss Deb Kaufman who was a pleasure to listen to.

Anyone can have a momentary lapse. I think she does a great job and has settled in nicely.

dtrain24

May 5, 2014
Farmingdale, NY.
I actually really like Shannon. I didn't hate Peter, but he got a bit boring. I like Shannon's quirkiness and her chemistry with Butchie and Stan.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
Legend.

B6ObeHzCUAA_lJw.jpg

Saw that on Twitter and broke out laughing. Glad to see they can have fun with it!

Shannon's fine. What they really need to do is make sure Jiggs does NOT do any more play-by-play. It's torture listening to him.

I like all 3 of our guys (Butch, Howie and Jiggs). Jiggs brings that little bit of nostalgia to the broadcast. I enjoy listening to him and Butch talk about the past.

What a jerk! He butchered stuff constantly, and should be the last one to say anything.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida

So you're so perfect that you've never forgotten something? Get over yourself!!!

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
I thought this was a forum where where you can state your opinion? I guess if your opinion doesn't agree with what others say you shouldn't post then.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
I totally disagree. Jiggs is awesome and I actually prefer him over Howie.

I like when Jiggs does the broadcast as well, because it brings back a lot of memories. But if we're being honest, he's clearly either out of practice or has completely lost his ability. If he were some random replacement calling games like he does, most of us would be talking about how not very good he is. But, I suppose he gets cut a lot of slack by the network because he's a fan fave and doing them a favor by allowing them to appease an over-worked (by choice) Howie Rose by giving him games off when they travel out west and during the holiday seasons.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
I thought this was a forum where where you can state your opinion? I guess if your opinion doesn't sgree with what others say you shouldn't post then.

You have every right to not like Shannon Hogan as an announcer. But your prior post that was removed pretty much destroyed your credibility for being objective on the topic for anyone who happened to see it.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
You have every right to not like Shannon Hogan as an announcer. But your prior post that was removed pretty much destroyed your credibility for being objective on the topic for anyone who happened to see it.

Pm if you want me to clarify what I meant by statement as I think you and others interpertered it the wrong way.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
I don't get it. Is he implying that she forgot his name because she wasn't prepared and forgot it? It seems much more likely that she just had a brain fart.

I think he's saying that she didn't have all her ducks in a row before the camera started rolling. You don't have "brain farts" if you're absolutely prepared and ready to go.

Islesin93*

Jan 29, 2008
I liked Shannon until I saw her wearing that fur yesterday, now I am on the anti-Shannon list

Abe Vukota

Free 2ndGenIslander
Jul 23, 2007
Peter is ****ing awkward even in his tweets!

And really, who gives a **** what Peter Rutgaizer thinks about anything. The guy is a hack.

I think his brain works awkwardly. Who told him that the best way to get a new job is to trash your old one?

Shannon is adequate. Deb was adequate. The absolute best one can be at these things is probably adequate.

Abe Vukota

Free 2ndGenIslander
Jul 23, 2007
Peter and Shannon are about 6 of 1, half dozen of another. She's easier on the eyes for a large enough portion of the audience.

Your username is a Cracker reference. That's fantastic. I love CVB and Cracker.

Back on topic: I would always opt for the female over the male, just because I'd rather look at most women over most men, and it's men watching the games. Shameful sexism, but truth.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
This has nothing to do with me or being perfect she's just not any good and I've said this from the beginning. Real mature response on your part.

I thought this was a forum where where you can state your opinion? I guess if your opinion doesn't agree with what others say you shouldn't post then.

It's one thing to dislike someone and state as such but your comments have gone beyond that, and the comment I responded to you earlier discredits you in a large way for reasonable discourse.

You're always free to disagree with someone respectfully, but when you cross that line you lose all credibility.

Disgraced Cosmonaut

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
Your username is a Cracker reference. That's fantastic. I love CVB and Cracker.

Back on topic: I would always opt for the female over the male, just because I'd rather look at most women over most men, and it's men watching the games. Shameful sexism, but truth.
Right you are, on the first point. And your second comment speaks to the target audience.

JetsMetsIsles

Nov 20, 2009

Lol get off the cross. You can have your opinion but dont whine when people disagree.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Lol get off the cross. You can have your opinion but dont whine when people disagree.

Most people don't mind her and that's fine. I'm not a fan and wasn't from the first day. People are making this a sexist thing as I was making a joke of a comment and somebody got offended. As I said before Deb Kaufman is great at her job but Shannon hogan not so good. Agree to disagree but that's my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad