Peter Ruttgaizer Out - Shannon Hogan In

Ziggy16

Mar 1, 2005
Jennifer Hammond @HammerFox2 (Fox Sports Detroit) · 2h
Congratulations to my friend @Shannon_Hogan on her new gig covering #Islanders this season! She will be missed more than she knows!

BvHvvdECUAEfbg2.jpg:large

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
Well, the pregame show and postgame show is gonna be a lot more entertaining now.

Feel sorry for Peter. I met him twice and he's a really nice guy. A shame he wasn't very good at what he did though.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
She looks a lot smarter than Peter. I approve.

I just hope she's good at what she does.

I think peter asking to Tavares if he could " touch him" was the last straw. LoL

Sorge Georos

Apr 28, 2009
LI
How long until the 7 page thread on how the new gal is a **** for not putting enough emphasis on a syllable?

Whoever works this position will be perpetually hated.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
Let's keep it respectful & hockey related!

I may actually watch the intermission now.

Does GCL show the intermission?

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Tigers fans seem to like her, so I'm optimistic. Upgrades everywhere! Now just bring Billy Jaffe back.

scott99

May 13, 2005
My question is, has she ever covered hockey ? I want someone who knows the game, not someone who can read the telestrater really well.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Is Wang even aware that Butchie is inept as a color commentator ? I would think that when they move to Brooklyn, they'd want a top notch color commentator. That being said, no offense meant against Butchie, he's a good guy who's an Islander legend. I actually thought he did a fantastic job in the studio between periods, he's just horrible live in the broadcast booth. Billy Jaffe is 1,000 x better at it.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Is Wang even aware that Butchie is inept as a color commentator ? I would think that when they move to Brooklyn, they'd want a top notch color commentator. That being said, no offense meant against Butchie, he's a good guy who's an Islander legend. I actually thought he did a fantastic job in the studio between periods, he's just horrible live in the broadcast booth. Billy Jaffe is 1,000 x better at it.

If anyone is going to replace Butch somewhere down the road, I wouldn't be surprised if it's Ricky D. That could be entertaining.

I'll miss Pete, he was a good guy to meet in person. Hope Shannon does well, she seems to know her stuff.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
We ragged on Pete a lot, but seemed like a good guy. I wish him well.

I'm a little confused at why Shannon Hogan would take the job with us. She seemed to be in a really good spot in Detroit, which is also her home town. Kind of a left field hire from both the Isles and her standpoint. She does seem very capable and probably knows her stuff.

http://www.thedetroitsportssite.com...t-of-the-box-thinking-to-detroit-sports/36713

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
We ragged on Pete a lot, but seemed like a good guy. I wish him well.

I'm a little confused at why Shannon Hogan would take the job with us. She seemed to be in a really good spot in Detroit, which is also her home town. Kind of a left field hire from both the Isles and her standpoint. She does seem very capable and probably knows her stuff.

http://www.thedetroitsportssite.com...t-of-the-box-thinking-to-detroit-sports/36713

The last line of that article answers your question. And I'm sure some nice Dolan $$ doesn't hurt. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad