Olympics: Peter Forsberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Forsberg dislikes Canada and Finland. He has made it obvious over the years. Great player but since his retirement I have lost a lot of respect for him because of some of the ridiculous things he says.

And thats the thing, we know he dislikes them, he has made it obvious.

Sure, he does respect them, it would be difficult to have gone through wars on ice with them and not have come out with a certain measure of respect for his opponents over time but when he says things like they are dirty or they cheat or whatever you can be damn sure Peter really feels that and means it, he's that kind of guy.

And thats the point here, no "twinkle in his eye" should cloud the fact he really believes the negative things he says.

He should be fair game for criticism because he's earned it and fans shouldn't be forced to bow down to the altar of Peter Forsberg.

sleepers

May 16, 2013
Stockholm
Ah, the victims.

You are simply seeing what you want to see, what the media tells you to see.

It's a mindset and culture there now, not sure when it crept in, perhaps it was always there.

Jesus, you guys are something else.

I watched the games, I don't care about what the media says.

Reactions: JHB

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I watched the games, I don't care about what the media says.
I watched them too, I know the penalty we received in that game the Swedish player dove so I don't see what your point is.

You see what you want to see and you sure as heck aren't going to see what your own players do.

I mean it's so obvious your mentality and bias. I mean there has always been this moaning and groaning abut neidermayer on Forsberg at the WHC ages ago that still get's brought up by so many of you guys yet you have no memory of the dirty hit on Crosby by Hannula at the WHC.That of course is completely forgotten and never brought up. One big difference..........you don't hear canadian fans crying about that years later do you?

It's a chosen selective narrative that so many of you want to engage in, it gives you a built in excuse for failure.

You're all right into it, the fans, the players, the media, holy smokes!!

Every segment of your hockey culture is infected with a victims outlook, you don't have a winning mentality, it's why you lose so many big games. Why don't you get that?

Go ahead, keep it up, keep the victim role, you will keep losing more often then not engaging in this silliness.

I don't know whats gotten into your hockey culture but you won't get anywhere with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Whalers7997

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
I watched them too, I know the penalty we received in that game the Swedish player dove so I don't see what your point is.

You see what you want to see and you sure as heck aren't going to see what your own players do.

I mean it's so obvious your mentality and bias. I mean there has always been this moaning and groaning abut neidermayer on Forsberg at the WHC ages ago that still get's brought up by so many of you guys yet you have no memory of the dirty hit on Crosby by Hannula at the WHC.That of course is completely forgotten and never brought up. One big difference..........you don't hear canadian fans crying about that years later do you?

It's a chosen selective narrative that so many of you want to engage in, it gives you a built in excuse for failure.

Every segment of your hockey culture is infected with a victims outlook, you don't have a winning mentality, it's why you lose so many big games. Why don't you get that?

Go ahead, keep it up, keep the victim role, you will keep losing more often then not engaging in this silliness.

I don't know whats gotten into your hockey culture but you won't get anywhere with it.
What a bunch of drivel

Reactions: Matte99

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
What a bunch of drivel

The truth sometimes hurts, but truth isn't what you guys are concerned about, it's excuses and being a victim that most interests you.That has become part of your hockey culture and it's pathetic.

Everything about your fans, media and players cry babying is what is drivel.

You guys just don't get it.............and thats good.

sleepers

May 16, 2013
Stockholm

You know, we hear Canadians crying a lot about things. Self awareness might not be your strong suit. I only pulled up 1 incident, albeit severe - but it's now embedded into our culture? Not just mine, but ours entirely?

Did you take your daily dose of medication?

Reactions: Merya

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
so it cant be that can was the better team most of the time and got some that made Sweden loose? it has to be the mentality. I can tell u this one player i defenitly would have on the top part of my listl in his prime if i wanted a winning mentality is a swede guess who? Wrong mentality my bttzone!

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
You know, we hear Canadians crying a lot about things. Self awareness might not be your strong suit. I only pulled up 1 incident, albeit severe - but it's now embedded into our culture? Not just mine, but ours entirely?

Did you take your daily dose of medication?

You are so desperate you are just making stuff up now.

I've even got your delusional fans pm;ing me with insults.................medication indeed!!

Enjoy your results guys, you will be getting lot's more of that with your mentality.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Canadians are the biggest crybabies ever.

See what I mean?

You guys just lose your minds when it comes to us, you believe all the bullshit and get so worked up that you can't think straight and you are easily goaded into stuff and you can't play to your potential and then lose one big game after another to us.

You're such an easy touch in elimination situations, you have a childlike maturity level that plays out on the ice oh so often. We can play you guys like a fiddle.

We are in your guys heads so much that 95% of the time we have you beat before we even take the ice.

sleepers

May 16, 2013
Stockholm
See what I mean?

You guys just lose your minds when it comes to us, you believe all the bull**** and get so worked up that you can't think straight and you are easily goaded into stuff and you can't play to your potential and then lose one big game after another to us.

You're such an easy touch in elimination situations, you have a childlike maturity level that plays out on the ice oh so often. We can play you guys like a fiddle.

We are in your guys heads so much that 95% of the time we have you beat before we even take the ice.

Honestly don't give a f*** about your team. I believe that the game should be played fairly, as it often is. When it isn't, it is also fair to point out flaws and things that needs to be improved. When the rest of the countries would agree and you would not, we are still "victimizing ourselves" - right?

Furthermore you're not even responding to the actual answers you're getting so this ends here. Check yoself.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Ah this is beautiful, my best advocates for what I am saying............the Swedish fans themselves.

Unsubstantiated accusations of unfair play, infantile remarks of crybabying, losing their minds with my inbox full of insults.

It's all there ....................The way they think and how they react when things aren't the way they demand them to be.

The victims.

Poor Sweden, so hard done by.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I'm fine man!!

I'm not the guy from the side pm'ing people with insults about Canadian hockey, that's the Swedish guys doing that. Just who is triggered here?

Loving this, they are all rattled, where have we seen this before?

It's all so familiar, just like their hockey teams, easily rattled.

Last edited:

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Cherry on coaches corner tonight saying it was crazy Malkin wasn't named as one of the 100 best players of all time.

But he never says anything good about european players they say.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Cherry on coaches corner tonight saying it was crazy Malkin wasn't named as one of the 100 best players of all time.

But he never says anything good about european players they say.

Even a blind hen can find a corn.

You can not compare Forsberg with Cherry and be taken seriously.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
JJ Cale, the most "triggered" man trophy today? Relax dude, have a beer or smth.

when you se a hockeyfan from Finland helping fans from Sweden then you know its time to drop it. A bigger sign that you are taking it to far, doesent exist.

That said childish pms and alike are not ok no matter wich country.

Reactions: 21

BonAppleTea

May 16, 2013
Refreshing to have a sports personality that actually speaks his mind. Today's norm of not speaking out of line and keeping a neutral face is what makes the NHL interviews ridiculous where you basically know what everyone will say after the game the day before the game even happens. Kind of funny that people get riled up when someone speaks their mind like every normal person does

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
I'm fine man!!

I'm not the guy from the side pm'ing people with insults about Canadian hockey, that's the Swedish guys doing that. Just who is triggered here?

Look!, a Canadian messenger-troll, agenda-spaming a thread about Forsberg..
Never seen that before (sarcasm)

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I'm fine man!!

Your 50 or so posts in this thread suggests that you're not fine. How can discussing this nonsense be so interesting to you?

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
You know what to do boys, if you just can't stand to hear anything negative about your boy Forsberg and it drives you crazy to the point of resorting to childish p.m's insulting Canada then you know you don't have to read it...................there is an ignore function, use it.

You talk about my posts but what about yours? It seems you can't let anything go yourselves. You don't like what I have to say about him or the fact you guys have a victim mentality in your hockey that is spread throughout your fans, media and players then simply use that ignore function!!

Simple.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Your 50 or so posts in this thread suggests that you're not fine. How can discussing this nonsense be so interesting to you?

He has no clue what Forsberg even said in the 1st place :laugh: Unbelievably sensitive individual.

Oh but...but..but he said stuff in the past! (favorite part)

Reactions: TommySalo

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I know what he said in the interview, it has been explained here.

It isn't just me who has called him out here so i don't get all the focus on me other then that I have pointed out the current victim role in your hockey culture that is highlighted by Forsbergs comments, and also by a lot of your posters here.

I mean, Canada cheats, The U.S was diving in the semi WJC game, Finland is dirty. There always seems to be something.

As i said, if you can't take any criticism of forsberg you know what to do,use the ignore function and you won't have to hear anything you can't deal with.The fact it all bothers you so much says it all really.

You don't have a winners mentality and it shows. You would rather take a victim stance to deal with losses, thats your choice.

No doubt the reason you are all so worked up is you know it's true.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce