Olympics: Peter Forsberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
when it comes to Hockey Canada is a monster like none other, no one ever stands a chance against in a best on best, ofc he hates us, everyone should hate us, we are so far above them that we can't see them when we look down. In Russia everyone was a joke to us, it simply doesn't matter what you do , you can not beat us.

Everyone hates the best
Well Peter Forsberg has two Olympic gold medals, so I think that he's allowed to smack talk Canada a little bit.

I think we can take it lol.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
... Because I don't see how there was anything "respectful" about them. looked to me he was just out and out whining with NO RESPECT, he was just a raving ****ing lunatic with a serious grudge imo.

Like someone else we know sometimes gets.
Well, are you fluent in Swedish? Do you even grasp what he's saying, in the way he's saying it? Can you grasp the melody and intonations in the Swedish language? Do you even notice Forsberg - and the other people in the studio - laughing and smiling about how Forsberg "hates the Canadians", while he's explaining what he means by this statement, in a quite heartily manner and an upbeat tone? Seen many videos of people bringing sincere hatred while everyone are chuckling, including the person bringing the hate?

You're at best reading binary subtitles, you're not even listening to an interpreter. Or even worse, you've listened to some quack job Canadian "journalist", a.k.a. spin doctor in some pathetic "report" that wants publicity for money. Don't be ignorant. But sure, if you want to remain ignorant and be angry about something you don't even understand, go ahead.

You think Forsberg would've been able to say he hates another country and mean it, in Swedish television, the most politically correct, pro-globalist democratorship in the world? Are you seriously kidding me?

I on the other hand can understand Cherry perfectly well and the nuances in intonation and English melody, as I on the other hand am fluent in English. Is Cherry chuckling as if he's kidding while talking about chicken Swedes and soft Euros with no heart? Nope, he's rambling on like Grandpa Simpson and like he knows what he's talking about. Yet do you think I am offended? Nope. Think Swedes care about the Swedish chef in the Muppets? Nope.

Forsberg isn't even in Cherry's stratosphere when it comes to rambling, so don't throw stones in a glass house, if you want to take it there.

Everyone fluent in Swedish knows perfectly well what Forsberg communicates in that clip. Everyone who can't speak a word of Swedish gets totally lost in translation, obviously.

Last edited:

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Well, are you fluent in Swedish? Do you even grasp what he's saying, in the way he's saying it? Can you grasp the melody and intonations in the Swedish language? Do you even notice Forsberg - and the other people in the studio - laughing and smiling about how Forsberg "hates the Canadians", while he's explaining what he means by this statement, in a quite heartily manner and an upbeat tone? Seen many videos of people bringing sincere hatred while everyone are chuckling, including the person bringing the hate?

You're at best reading binary subtitles, you're not even listening to an interpreter. Or even worse, you've listened to some quack job Canadian "journalist", a.k.a. spin doctor in some pathetic "report" that wants publicity for money. Don't be ignorant. But sure, if you want to remain ignorant and be angry about something you don't even understand, go ahead.

You think Forsberg would've been able to say he hates another country and mean it, in Swedish television, the most politically correct, pro-globalist democratorship in the world? Are you seriously kidding me?

I on the other hand can understand Cherry perfectly well and the nuances in intonation and English melody, as I on the other hand am fluent in English. Is Cherry chuckling as if he's kidding while talking about chicken Swedes and soft Euros with no heart? Nope, he's rambling on like Grandpa Simpson and like he knows what he's talking about. Yet do you think I am offended? Nope. Think Swedes care about the Swedish chef in the Muppets? Nope.

Forsberg isn't even in Cherry's stratosphere when it comes to rambling, so don't throw stones in a glass house, if you want to take it there.
I was not talking about that interview any longer, i was talking about his comments about Canada that he made during the Sochi games. Please don't avoid the question by going on about Swedish melody in the T.V interview here in Pyongchang because that was not the question I had asked you in my last post was it?

O.k.....so you understand swedish melody and the language, please tell me if you thought his comments about Canada during the Sochi games were "respectful"

Because what I heard about from those comments he sure seemed to me to be in Cherrys stratosphere that time, but perhaps I missed the "melody"

You failed to address that, why? is it because if you are being honest you would have to admit he entered into Cherry territory that time?

Last edited:

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I was not talking about that interview any longer, i was talking about his comments about Canada that he made during the Sochi games. Please don't avoid the question by going on about Swedish melody in the T.V interview here in Pyongchang because that was not the question I had asked you in my last post was it?

O.k.....so you understand swedish melody and the language, please tell me if you thought his comments about Canada during the Sochi games were "respectful"

Because what I heard about from those comments he sure seemed to me to be in Cherrys stratosphere that time, but perhaps I missed the "melody"

You failed to address that, why?
In which video? Your memory? I can't exactly comment on that.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
In which video? Your memory? I can't exactly comment on that.
You must remember his moaning and groaning about the use of Canadian NHL refs during the gold medal game and how it was and I quote."a f***ing joke" that they were being used.

And then those same refs go out and ref the game in a totally professional manner and in no way have any effect on the game at all as canada just flat out dominated the swedish side yet there was nothing from Peter about how he was 100|% dead wrong in his concerns.

I mean, he says the finns are dirty, Canadas dirty, blah,blah,blah.

Does he get to say just anything and we have to poo poo all this bullshit off by saying we just dont understand Swedish melody and that he has a "twinkle in his eye" ?

Can Swedes say anything they want and are automatically immune to criticism because well..........they are Swedish?

What makes you guys off limits but not us?

Cruor

May 12, 2012
You must remember his moaning and groaning about the use of Canadian NHL refs during the gold medal game and how it was and I quote."a ****ing joke" that they were being used.

Which it was, any sport with self respect would refuse to use refs from competing countries (try that one in soccer and see what happens). Why are you so bent out of shape over Forsberg criticizing Canada, anyway? Take it on the chin dude.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Which it was, any sport with self respect would refuse to use refs from competing countries (try that one in soccer and see what happens). Why are you so bent out of shape over Forsberg criticizing Canada, anyway? Take it on the chin dude.
Im not bent out of shape about what he says about us, he can say what he wants.,

I get bent out of shape when people like you say he cant be taken to task for these comments but a guy like Cherry can.

Like Forsbergs above the law or something, he can say the Finns are dirty, Canadas dirty, they kill baby seals, it's o.k, he says it all in "respect"

if he says baiting things he can expect some people are going to take him to task for it, he should be able to take it on the chin as you say, and so should posters like you.

Why should Peter be given a get out of jail free card for anything he says and others can't?

Why the double standard? because he was a great hockey player once?

Cruor

May 12, 2012
Im not bent out of shape about what he says about us, he can say what he wants.,

I get bent out of shape when people like you say he cant be taken to task for these comments but a guy like Cherry can.

Like Forsbergs above the law or something, he can say the Finns are dirty, Canadas dirty, they kill baby seals, it's o.k, he says it all in "respect"

if he says baiting things he can expect some people are going to take him to task for it, he should be able to take it on the chin as you say, and so should posters like you.

Why should Peter be given a get out of jail free card for anything he says and others can't?

Why the double standard? because he was a great hockey player once?

Yikes. For someone supposedly not bent out of shape about this, you seem awfully shook. I'll let you carry on with that little tantrum of yours.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Yikes. For someone supposedly not bent out of shape about this, you seem awfully shook. I'll let you carry on with that little tantrum of yours.

Hardly bent out of shape or having any little tantrum but I wouldn't expect you to understand the nuances and melody of the English language.

I'll let you carry on with your excuses for Peter here.

Keep me posted on further Forsberg witticisms please, should Canada make the semis this all could get real interesting.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Impressive to get so worked up over Peter giving Canada a compliment for their winner instinct, he basically called you wuys winners and thats that.

Reactions: 21

Signupnow

Oct 18, 2017
When I lived in Canada a long time ago I asked them to triple bag my products. Each time they hand me the i ask them to put it in an extra bag and then as they hand it over again I ask to put it in an additional bag just to mess with them. In sweden they would understand I am just messing with then after the second bag and tell me to go home. In loblaw i made them once put my frozen pizza in 4bags about to ask for a fifth I felt sorry for the cashier and told her i am just messing with her.

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
When I lived in Canada a long time ago I asked them to triple bag my products. Each time they hand me the i ask them to put it in an extra bag and then as they hand it over again I ask to put it in an additional bag just to mess with them. In sweden they would understand I am just messing with then after the second bag and tell me to go home. In loblaw i made them once put my frozen pizza in 4bags about to ask for a fifth I felt sorry for the cashier and told her i am just messing with her.
That is not a good comparison. Maybe they take their work more seriously in general, in customer-oriented businesses in Canada compared to Sweden? That is not a "bad" thing for hem. I agree whit Forsberg though

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
You must remember his moaning and groaning about the use of Canadian NHL refs during the gold medal game and how it was and I quote."a ****ing joke" that they were being used.

And then those same refs go out and ref the game in a totally professional manner and in no way have any effect on the game at all as canada just flat out dominated the swedish side yet there was nothing from Peter about how he was 100|% dead wrong in his concerns.

Does he get to say just anything and we have to poo poo all this bull**** off by saying we just dont understand Swedish melody and that he has a "twinkle in his eye" ?

Can Swedes say anything they want and are automatically immune to criticism because well..........they are Swedish?

Well, it's just common sense to not use the same nationality on the refs as the nations playing in international competition worth a lick. Every sport in the world is very serious about that... except the fringe sport hockey, because, why the heck would they take it seriously?

I don't even know what you're whining about. He is right, it was a joke. And if you can't understand why it's controversial, I don't know what to tell you. Don't blame Forsberg for that, blame common sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden

Does he get to say just anything and we have to poo poo all this bull**** off by saying we just dont understand Swedish melody and that he has a "twinkle in his eye" ?

I'm not argueing weather the refs made a good job in that final or not. Frankly I don't remember and u are 100% right that Canada dominated. They played such strong defense that Sweden barely could create a scoring chance all game.

However, it doesn't matter how professional the refs were. Using Canadian refs in a final involving Canada isn't right and it should be obvious why. When I first started working as a sports journalist I was still an active soccer player, and thus was not allowed to write articles about my own team. Dosen't matter if I'm professional or unbiased, the article would earn less credibility in the readers eyes.

Even six years after quitting soccer, I rather let my colleagues write about that specific team.

Reactions: JHB

Healthy DiPietro

Jan 4, 2014
Hardly bent out of shape or having any little tantrum but I wouldn't expect you to understand the nuances and melody of the English language.

I'll let you carry on with your excuses for Peter here.

Keep me posted on further Forsberg witticisms please, should Canada make the semis this all could get real interesting.

Well, as Cherry fans say, "No one's forcing you to listen". I like Peter, he tells it like he sees it.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Haha Forsberg :D 7-2 is exactly what happens with your tips. Svärje tried to play dirty and took dump penalties through whole game.

Reactions: jj cale

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Well, as Cherry fans say, "No one's forcing you to listen". I like Peter, he tells it like he sees it.

I would like him as an on air personality here too, it sounds like he is far from most boring Commentary guys you get.

Having said that, if he is going to say on the edge stuff and paint certain nationalities a certain way while doing it then he won't be above people questioning him, it seems some here think he should be but others shouldn't, that's bullshit. His "cheating" and play dirty comments about canada and finland are indicative of something about the swedish mindset that is rampant in their hockey amongst their fans these days though(maybe it has always been there)

They have this victim role mindset going amongst their players, coaches,media and fans and it's gotten out of hand and looks real horseshit on them. Case in point, I woke up this morning to see I had a p.m from a swedish fan called DDRhockey. I open it up and there is this childish troll message that says "haha, cry about Peter some more, Peter is the greatest player of all time, better then any Canadian whiners and divers"

LOL, can you believe that? I mean cmon, who does that?

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I'm not argueing weather the refs made a good job in that final or not. Frankly I don't remember and u are 100% right that Canada dominated. They played such strong defense that Sweden barely could create a scoring chance all game.

However, it doesn't matter how professional the refs were. Using Canadian refs in a final involving Canada isn't right and it should be obvious why. When I first started working as a sports journalist I was still an active soccer player, and thus was not allowed to write articles about my own team. Dosen't matter if I'm professional or unbiased, the article would earn less credibility in the readers eyes.

Even six years after quitting soccer, I rather let my colleagues write about that specific team.
Fair enough.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Well, it's just common sense to not use the same nationality on the refs as the nations playing in international competition worth a lick. Every sport in the world is very serious about that... except the fringe sport hockey, because, why the heck would they take it seriously?

I don't even know what you're whining about. He is right, it was a joke. And if you can't understand why it's controversial, I don't know what to tell you. Don't blame Forsberg for that, blame common sense.

He said what he said, whether he said it with a twinkle in his eye or with swedish melody you know with Peter that even if he did say it within the slight context of a backhand compliment it's still a backhand compliment and you know he means it and believes it. don't kid yourself about Forsberg, he really does believe those things he said about Canada and Finland and he likes neither.

You may think it is perfectly o.k because it is a swedish on air personality saying it about others but were the roles reversed and it was being said about you guys by some personality here my guess is you would feel differently, in fact I know many of your fans definately would. And no need to single me out here, there have been multiple people in this thread that have called him a piece of shit for it or agreed that had cherry said the same type of things you guys would be screaming bloody murder.

Bottom line.................if he says things like that he is fair game for attack.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia

wow, you are really reaching here.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Update.

New P.M from DDRhockey to me.

"Canada always cheats with refs and dives just like at W.J.C"

You can't make this stuff up.

sleepers

May 16, 2013
Stockholm
Update.

New P.M from DDRhockey to me.

"Canada always cheats with refs and dives just like at W.J.C"

You can't make this stuff up.

Not going to say always, but that WJC final and SWE-USA semifinal was the worst couple of games I've seen. Diving and disgusting reffing. Really bad for the sport.

Reactions: JHB

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Not going to say always, but that WJC final and SWE-USA semifinal was the worst couple of games I've seen. Diving and disgusting reffing. Really bad for the sport.
Ah, the victims.

You are simply seeing what you want to see, what the media tells you to see.

It's a mindset and culture there now, not sure when it crept in, perhaps it was always there.

Jesus, you guys are something else.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Yes i believe it, Forsberg is well known for carrying a grudge against Canada, it's not a secret.
Forsberg dislikes Canada and Finland. He has made it obvious over the years. Great player but since his retirement I have lost a lot of respect for him because of some of the ridiculous things he says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad