Confirmed with Link: Peter DeBoer named new head coach. Gerard Gallant, & Mike Kelly out.

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
McCrimmon took over as GM.

I think a lot of it has to do with an impatient owner seeing all these coaches get canned, and maybe seeing some not-so-experienced writers criticizing everything the coach does...
OMG DO NOT give that guy any credit for this. Referring to Foley as 'The Creator' from the get-go burned any credibility and how that site ever got credentialed is beyond me.

Reactions: Ginormousthumbs

CBJ VGK

May 19, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Read the recent posts in our ticket thread...but it's been going on since we went to the Finals & Foley had enough of us STHs making money in Year 1 on resales.

VGK Ticket Thread (Read OP for rules)
There won't be a dime to made moving forward now thanks to Foley.

My season tickets are going up to $90/game. I had tickets to the Pittsburgh game the other night, that neither I or any of my friends could use. I ended up getting $80 a piece for them. For the Pittsburgh freaking Penguins! What would I have fetched for the Arizona Coyotes or the Florida Panthers? It would have been a big loss.

Foley has taken away the value of being a STH. I can just pick the games I want to attend now and buy last -minute when they're cheapest

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
OMG DO NOT give that guy any credit for this. Referring to Foley as 'The Creator' from the get-go burned any credibility and how that site ever got credentialed is beyond me.

He'll be assistant GM in 2 years, just you wait.

"We're taking this whole thing over, Kenny. Just you and me. Hop in the copter!"

Reactions: Nevada Jones

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Someone in another thread (the Ottawa board pre-game) posted that LeBrun ( :laugh: ) had reported hearing rumors that Gallant declined an extension, so the team went ahead and pulled the trigger. If this is the case....I mean LeBrun is never wrong, right?..... I would think the team would want this public because it makes them look less hair-triggered.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Someone in another thread (the Ottawa board pre-game) posted that LeBrun ( :laugh: ) had reported hearing rumors that Gallant declined an extension, so the team went ahead and pulled the trigger. If this is the case....I mean LeBrun is never wrong, right?..... I would think the team would want this public because it makes them look less hair-triggered.

That's not what LeBrun said. He reported hearing that the 2 sides were discussing an extension a couple of months ago & was shocked that the team decided to go in the direction instead so quickly.

Roundtable reaction: Was firing coach Gerard Gallant the...

Reactions: PJ817

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I didn't think it was possible but I'm angrier today than I was when I first heard the news. :laugh:

Deboer better get them a Cup this year or next because no matter who's better at Xs and Os, PPs/PKs, at the end of the day the Golden Misfits are truly a bygone era and there's very little left that's 'special' about this lil expansion team of ours.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I didn't think it was possible but I'm angrier today than I was when I first heard the news. :laugh:

Deboer better get them a Cup this year or next because no matter who's better at Xs and Os, PPs/PKs, at the end of the day the Golden Misfits are truly a bygone era and there's very little left that's 'special' about this lil expansion team of ours.

I think it's better to get going from the misfits to something else.

Tying ourselves to an identity that was never going to last more than 1-3 years is something we should avoid.

I want us to have a culture of winning. It takes some ruthlessness sometimes but there's room for specialness in a way that can be more long lasting.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I think it's better to get going from the misfits to something else.

Tying ourselves to an identity that was never going to last more than 1-3 years is something we should avoid.

I want us to have a culture of winning. It takes some ruthlessness sometimes but there's room for specialness in a way that can be more long lasting.

Then I'd feel better if they went after someone elite like Panarin than a 90s/2000s meat&potatoes leader like Stone after the Golden Misfit Era.

They now walk the middle path, and unless a prospect emerges out of nowhere, are just as likely to miss the postseason than to make it the next 7 years or so.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Then I'd feel better if they went after someone elite like Panarin than a 90s/2000s meat&potatoes leader like Stone after the Golden Misfit Era.

They now walk the middle path, and unless a prospect emerges out of nowhere, are just as likely to miss the postseason than to make it the next 7 years or so.

The Blues won with depth and hard work but had no misfit aura.

O'Reilly is the closest they have to superstar but that's not unreasonable to think Glass could get there and Stone isn't so far off that.

Theodore, Schmidt and Hague are a good base for a solid defense that could be improved in other areas and with a good scheme we've seen that be enough.

Fleury has won the thing before.

Reactions: VegasKnightlife

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Marchessault and Karlsson were both injured at the same time. But fire Gallant anyway. :huh:

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Though my jury is still out on DeBore, I will say this: He showed more personality and humor yesterday than I ever saw in him his entire time with San Jose. I now have a suspicion that he didn't adore being there.

We'll see if this is just "I've got a job!" glee and he regresses to his prior mannequin self.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Knightmare

VGK fan since the 70’s
Jun 15, 2018
Las Vegas
No but DeBoer admitted Eakin's penalty wasn't a major.
upload_2020-1-18_0-13-36.gif

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I thought that Rocky Thompson was a future NHL head coach? If so, I would have liked to go with him instead another NHL coaching retread. I suppose that the team wanted someone with NHL playoff experience instead of a rookie head coach taking over at the middle of the season.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I thought that Rocky Thompson was a future NHL head coach? If so, I would have liked to go with him instead another NHL coaching retread. I suppose that the team wanted someone with NHL playoff experience instead of a rookie head coach taking over at the middle of the season.
Rocky is an excellent development coach, so while I like the idea of him eventually getting to be our HC, I don't like what that'd mean for our AHL development .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad