Confirmed with Link: Peter DeBoer named new head coach. Gerard Gallant, & Mike Kelly out.

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
If I thought it wouldn't get locked, I very much want to start the "Official Fire Pete DeBoer Thread". I wanted the Sharks to keep him because outside of goaltending, he was the problem.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
If I thought it wouldn't get locked, I very much want to start the "Official Fire Pete DeBoer Thread". I wanted the Sharks to keep him because outside of goaltending, he was the problem.

Nah they had to get rid of the guy who told management to trade Haula on his wedding day. It's all on him.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Just curious. Does Vegas have a other message board where there fans talk because there dont seem to be much chatter here

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
In an alternate universe, Gallant coached them to an 8 game winning streak with Suzuki, Shattenkirk, Bellemare and Haula.

Just curious. Does Vegas have a other message board where there fans talk because there dont seem to be much chatter here

I would imagine Reddit.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Interesting movie.

I do agree that your team is underachieving. A guy like William Karlsson should be producing much more for example.

I'm not sure if DeBoer is the answer however.

I also think Gallant will be picked up by another team rather quickly. A team like Dallas or Calgary should take a look at Gallant.

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
While I'm shocked, I'm not surprised. This has McPhee's fingerprints all over it. When, in season 1, he dumped high picks for Tatar, he made it clear that going forward this team would be run in "win now" mode.
As a Vegas fan, I disapprove strongly, but will still support them in their push toward the playoffs.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Here's my prediction: We don't get a new coach bump. The players were loyal to GG, and those who aren't fighting for contracts will just show up for work from no on.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Deboer seems to have a good first couple of seasons and then fades away.

His system does worry me though. Apparently he mostly likes point shots. Shark fans were always complaining about that.

But at least we have Fleury instead of Jones although Fleury hasn't really been looking good for the past couple of games.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

lol seriously. I came here to get their feedback about the firing but there's not much going on here. I'm almost more upset/concerned than their own fans and I'm a Habs fan.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
There has to be more to this than they weren't happy with their last 6 starts. There better be some crazy story like he was supplying them with PEDs or something.

Let's recap:
-helped make Wild Bill what he is
-helped Smith, Schmidt, McNabb play the best hockey of their careers
-turned Chandler Stephenson into a versatile guy who can play in the top 6
-praised universally by all his players
-oh yeah. Made an unprecedented run to the SCF in their 1st year

probably forgetting about 1000 things but...losing streak with both goalies playing like crap

Number 4 is true of a lot of coaches who can't win.

Number 3 is such a small sample size and he didn't do anything to Stephenson to make that happen. And saying that, Stephenson has shown signs he's the inept offensive player who you always expect more from that Capitals fans said he was.

Number 2 is debatable how much he would have to do with that or how much it is true, Smith alternates good and bad seasons, Schmidt has had a down season and even last season wasn't above his issues on and off ice.

Number 1 and 5 are right and why this is shocking to me. I thought he needed the hit seat for the rest of the season and next season but I didn't think they would ever fire him this time. DeBoer replacing him is also strange.

Reactions: VegasKnightlife

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
lol seriously. I came here to get their feedback about the firing but there's not much going on here. I'm almost more upset/concerned than their own fans and I'm a Habs fan.

This board has never had a ton of Vegas fans on it to begin with.

So i wouldn't be concerned.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

It's 9am on a Wednesday here I'm sure more will post throughout the day, but reddit and twitter and other social media seem a lot more popular with Vegas fans than this site.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Number 4 is true of a lot of coaches who can't win.

Number 3 is such a small sample size and he didn't do anything to Stephenson to make that happen.

Number 2 is debatable how much he would have to do with that or how much it is true, Smith alternates good and bad seasons, Schmidt has had a down season and even last season wasn't above his issues on and off ice.

Number 1 and 5 are right and why this is shocking to me. I thought he needed the hit seat for the rest of the season and next season but I didn't think they would ever fire him this time. DeBoer replacing him is also strange.

Smith was never this good of a 2 way player. And I wonder what this means for Marchessault. I wouldn't be surprised to see him moved out now. Kelly McC you are on the clock. Let's see how long until SinBinKenny gets you fired too.
(I would have threatened to step down if I were him)

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Here's my prediction: We don't get a new coach bump. The players were loyal to GG, and those who aren't fighting for contracts will just show up for work from no on.

It would make them easier to trade. Responsibility is to the team, not any individual above that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad