Peter Chiarelli End Of Season Press Conference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
The Stauffer quote is exactly:

"And uh we might see a puff of smoke coming out of Rogers Place tomorrow, wait and see on that front".

Oilers NOW With Bob Stauffer | Global News

The Oilers Now page has the archive of today's show up, it's the April 10 show, Segment 4 and starts at 21 minutes in you want to hear it.

Yeah, that is definitely Baghdad Bob setting the stage for a GM change. Won't get too excited until it happens, but it is at least a sign Bobby Burgers and Katz are actually taking a good hard look at things.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I disagree. Tambo V2.0 is the worst possible "solution".

Last three years have been worse than Tambellini's era, Tambellini did not fundamentally damage the team in any huge way that couldn't have been fixed quickly by a good GM.

Or you know the Oilers could just do 30 minutes of work for once and pick up a telephone and make 4-5 phone calls to the Nashville assistant GM, Tampa assistant GM, etc.

I would bet good money they'd have 2-3 guys interested pretty damn quick by virtue of McDavid alone. But I guess it's too hard to do that much work, might cut into lunch time.

Reactions: nabob

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
I can see him taking a token position like POHO and waiting out the clock on his contract (2 more years?)

That way he times being jobless with the Seattle team joining the league.
Lol President of hockey operations....for the guy who gutted the organization's depth this year, put us in cap hell and cost 97 an MVP award.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
A Pontus Aberg extension?

Edit: I see that I've beaten to it by a bunch of "funny guys"

tumblr_nhm4g2czvG1qauzgso1_r1_500.gif

Reactions: McCupofOil

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
I would bet good money they'd have 2-3 guys interested pretty damn quick by virtue of McDavid alone. But I guess it's too hard to do that much work.

LOL

Who needs to put forth that kind of busywork when you can throw Gretz/Mess/MacT/Lowe over the boards?

****ing kill me. They wouldn't actually do it, would they?

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Or maybe the one for one Chia burger. Which is not well done.

Oooh the hilarity.

Can't wait to hear something.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
If used purposely (which seems likely), the puff of smoke traditionally refers to the fact that the Cardinals have gathered together and chosen a new pope. I think that turn of phrase was selected by Stauffer to indicate:
  • That the entire management team has gathered, and/or
  • Changes at the top will be made

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Chia out would be good. Someone like Coffey or other old boy in his place and I might quit lol.

It would be really interesting to see who would try and spin it as a positive around here though haha.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If they are going that route, which I doubt, but if they are, I think Keith Gretzky would be made interim GM for the time being because they would probably need time to interview a new GM (seeing as how that would be a normal way of doing things).

Bob is probably just being dumb with that quote though, not getting my hopes up.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Tambellini did absolutely nothing. Which is what would make us a much better team today.

Nuge-McD-Draisaitl
Hall-Barzal-Eberle

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
If they are going that route, which I doubt, but if they are, I think Keith Gretzky would be made interim GM for the time being because they would probably need time to interview a new GM (seeing as how that would be a normal way of doing things).

Bob is probably just being dumb with that quote though, not getting my hopes up.

Why interview when you can just hire someone with a name tied to Oiler history. It's the Oiler way.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Chia out would be good. Someone like Coffey or other old boy in his place and I might quit lol.

It would be really interesting to see who would try and spin it as a positive around here though haha.

I don’t think anyone could put a positive spin on that.

If any of Gretzky, Messier, Lowe, Mactavish, Coffey have any control over player decisions come Sept I might check out of this gong show for good...

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I don’t think anyone could put a positive spin on that.

If any of Gretzky, Messier, Lowe, Mactavish, Coffey have any control over player decisions come Sept I might check out of this gong show for good...

Several of those guys are likely better GMs than Chiarelli, which is sad. Lowe is for sure, Gretzky and Coffey are probably more competent than Lowe.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Tambellini did absolutely nothing. Which is what would make us a much better team today.

Nuge-McD-Draisaitl
Hall-Barzal-Eberle

Oh the horror! we would have had no D though! We would have the daunting task of picking between Karlsson and OEL and who to give up one of the forwards for (maybe even pick up both if feeling cheeky enough)

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
Okay, well, maybe the oilers have inside info on weed legalization. Maybe that's the smoke they're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad