Persona Series

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Also, the music is generally pretty great in Persona.
I need to go back and listen to what all was from 3 again, but 4 and 5 are fantastic soundtracks.

Reactions: H3ckt1k

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Persona 4 Golden (Vita/PS TV) just went on sale again for $7.99
This is very tempting since I was just talking about doing another play through, and this would be my only way since I do not have a PS3 anymore (nor a PS2)

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I just started this one... hmm. I wonder what I'm in store for...

Not a ton of fun.

I just farmed the Reaper during November without really knowing what I was doing. I’ll take the 200,000 XP I guess.

Common Sense

Dec 29, 2010
I don’t know why everyone hates Okumura’s Spaceport. I thought the cruiser and the pyramid were way more boring.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
I don’t know why everyone hates Okumura’s Spaceport. I thought the cruiser and the pyramid were way more boring.

I've not finished it yet, but all the button pressing and stuff interrupts the flow quite a bit. It's no worse than other spots though.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Was trying to do a max confidant run without a guide and got all of them except Yusuke (best boy) by December 22, who was rank 8. I was so pissed at myself. Gonna do a max S Link playthrough of P4G before I go back and replay from my last save after Niijima’s palace.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Anybody else struggle to get through P5 at times? I enjoy it, get into it, play for a good chunk... then my desire to play it dwindles... typically when the game takes away any freedom you have and Morgana is constantly telling you to go to bed. Sucks any kind of fun out of the game for me...

I bought it pretty much when the English language version released and I'm still battling through, starting and stopping a lot.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
About 20 hours into P4G and loving it.

It doesn't touch P5's level for me yet, but it's great and there's a ton of game left.

I admit it is a bit jarring playing it on the PSTV at a 720p signal on a 4K TV, in terms of motion and camera angles.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
I think P4G has a bit more realized characters and I also felt like there was more at stake for the majority of P4G compared to 5. But dear god does 5's battle system alone make it better than P4G.

The tension does seem pretty high in this one. Characters are great and only getting better as it progresses.

But yes, P5's battle system blows P4G out of the water, and there are so many little things going from P5 to P4G that I really miss (expected, considering the time between the two releases).

I'm a little OP right now, having made Ares with Auto-Tarukaja and getting Swift Strike levelled up thanks to a random arcana card. At this point, if a shadow isn't resistant to physical, they basically lose.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Anybody else struggle to get through P5 at times? I enjoy it, get into it, play for a good chunk... then my desire to play it dwindles... typically when the game takes away any freedom you have and Morgana is constantly telling you to go to bed. Sucks any kind of fun out of the game for me...

I bought it pretty much when the English language version released and I'm still battling through, starting and stopping a lot.

Nah. I’m pretty engrossed whenever I play it.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Took a break to play Guild Wars 2, but now that I'm bored of that again I'm back on my Persona 5 kick. By June 1st I almost have Ryuji maxed. I gotta work on getting certain stats up, so I can do other Social Links, most importantly Guts. Looks like the best way to raise that is to get your proficiency up via the side job at the Beef Bowl place and once your proficiency is high enough you do the burger challenge to raise your guts.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Honestly, the Big Bang Burger Challenge is what I did to finish my guts. But yeah, do what you can to finish the social stats, they actually transfer over in the NG+.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
Starting to rethink my opinion of persona 5 after getting to the akechi boss fight, what a bunch of bullshit that and the fight before it are

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Okay so I know I've probably gushed enough over this series in the past few months, but I just wanted to add that if you, like me, got on board the series with P5 and loved it, P4G still holds up.

I'm in late August now and it keeps on getting better.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Getting ready to send the calling card on the 3rd palace. This one seemed to give me a lot of trouble. Including the calling card it took up 4 days the other 2 palaces I was able to do in 3. I think there is an SP item you can get from a confidant that makes SP trivial, so I'll make sure to get that before the 4th palace.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad