Pre-Game Talk: Perry is in! Oilers v Nashville

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
MAP stunk
The Oilers are incredible at blowing up 1st round picks. MAP was an extraordinary f***up in the draft where pretty much every team took a franchise player or two. Yakupov's miss set the team back for years, though that draft was weak. Jay-Poo when they could get Tkachuk. Now Broberg.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
The Oilers are incredible at blowing up 1st round picks. MAP was an extraordinary f***up in the draft where pretty much every team took a franchise player or two. Yakupov's miss set the team back for years, though that draft was weak. Jay-Poo when they could get Tkachuk. Now Broberg.
Totally on Tkachuk, but I remember the attitude when that draft was happening, and it was MUCH less positive.

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
I've actually heard, and I don't know if this is true mind you, but I did hear that Gilbert Brule taught Jaco Pastorius the pentatonic scale

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
No, I'm fairly certain that Gilbert Brule was the Bassist for U2. He played on the Joshua Tree
I don't know much about bands in general lol. Know some U2 songs. Can't name more than 1 beatles song off the top of my head

OilerFanInLangley

Oct 2, 2023
I get that Foegele should be happy to be on the 2nd line, but I think he should be on a line with McLeod. I think Perry will be dead weight on McLeod's line.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
I am very curious how Broberg looks in this structure.....I have a feeling we will just throw him away (unless it was for a cost controlled top 4 that isn't really old)

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I am very curious how Broberg looks in this structure.....I have a feeling we will just throw him away (unless it was for a cost controlled top 4 that isn't really old)
I think if they did just want to "move on" from the prospect that Broberg is (or isn't) they probably would have done that in November, I think they value him enough to not just throw him in.

And I agree, I would like to see what he and Desharnais can do for a couple games.

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
People bring up so many draft blunders... the Reinhart trade etc.. but for some reason I will never forgive the Oilers for taking Tyler Benson over Alex Debrincat. Debrincat had just put up a 51g 53a 104p season in 68gp WITH CONNER MCDAVID

Last edited:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
People bring up so many draft blunders... the Reinhart trade etc.. but for some reason I will never forgive the Oilers for taking Tyler Benson over Alex Debrincat. Debrincat had just put up a 51g 53a 103p season in 68gp WITH CONNER MCDAVID
I still love, though, that Boston had 3 good picks in that draft and got Jake Debrusk with so much goodness still on the board.

Reactions: tinfish

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
And that was their best pick of the 3. Also Debrincat followed up that season with 51g 50a 101p in 60gp without McDavid AND WE PICKED TYLER f***ING BENSON
It just shows you good NHL players are in general. even lower rung ones.

I swear all I used to hear on EDM and VAN radio was how Benson was a phenom growing up lol

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
Broberg looks like a deer in the headlights with the puck. I have time for him and I hope he finds his game, but man oh man he has a long way to go before he's an nhl defenseman

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
It just shows you good NHL players are in general. even lower rung ones.

I swear all I used to hear on EDM and VAN radio was how Benson was a phenom growing up lol
I played shinny once with George Laraque. I'm a fairly competent beer league hero. I've played as high as div 2 in the erhl and been a productive player. Laraque skated circles around me and every player on the ice. He was so many times faster, stronger and capable of a harder shot than I could believe. It was a very humbling moment

Reactions: ujju2

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
I get that Foegele should be happy to be on the 2nd line, but I think he should be on a line with McLeod. I think Perry will be dead weight on McLeod's line.
I really liked the McLeod-Drai-Foegele line. I hate Drai and McDavid playing together. Draisaitl completely ignores defence when playing with McDavid IMO. I like him centering his own line. I feel like he takes more responsibility defensively and I like him as a line driver playing HIS slow-it-down cycle game and not trying to play McDavid's high tempo game.

Also, welcome to hfoil, I've never talked to you before

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
GDT is up.

Thanks for the pre game chat @5 Mins 4 Ftg

In Jasper for the weekend
Morpheus, Dorpheus, Orpheus
Go eat some walruses
Orifices, Porridges
Morpheus, Morpheus

Going to the Buffet and Walruses
Confidence, Corpseses
Worcestershire sauce
Go into your orifices

Red pill, blue pill
Morpheus, Walruses
Seashells by the Seashorpheus

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
I think it's a foregone conclusion he will be a trade bait at the deadline. The Oilers window is now and Broberg still has some value (maybe of a 2nd round pick).

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Morpheus, Dorpheus, Orpheus
Go eat some walruses
Orifices, Porridges
Morpheus, Morpheus

Going to the Buffet and Walruses
Confidence, Corpseses
Worcestershire sauce