Recalled/Assigned: Percy recalled

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
Send Percy down...

Win 4-0.... (Not saying that has anything to do with Percy being in or out of the line up)

Carlyle: Call Percy back up, run 7D.

Unless their is a trade I do not see the point.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
I honestly don't know. I thought our 7d experiment was deemed a colossal failure by this point. Unless we have a deal in place with another team for someone like Franson (which I HIGHLY doubt) I don't get what the point is.

He was recalled because they want to carry 7 defensemen on the road trip and that starts tuesday I think against the Coyotes, if a D goes down, they would have trouble getting Percy to join the team for the next game and he needs to practice with the team.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
I honestly don't know. I thought our 7d experiment was deemed a colossal failure by this point. Unless we have a deal in place with another team for someone like Franson (which I HIGHLY doubt) I don't get what the point is.

Clearly 4-0 means go back to your old ways.

"Ahh one wins enough for this week, they've had a taste"

mikebel111*

Odd move if you ask me. they send Percy down since he wasn't going to get many minutes and didn't want to use 7 d anymore, but than just like a couple days later, they call him back up.
like what is the point?

Trade? But this is very bizarre in my eyes

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Percy still is 8th on the Leafs in scoring with 3 points, ahead of Gardiner, Kadri and tied with offensive stalwarts Franson and Lupul.

It's a numbers game right now, Percy is ready and will likely be back in a Leafs uniform to stay soon.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
He was recalled because they want to carry 7 defensemen on the road trip and that starts tuesday I think against the Coyotes, if a D goes down, they would have trouble getting Percy to join the team for the next game and he needs to practice with the team.

Didn't realize this. Makes more sense.

But then again, why not call him up closer to Tuesday? There are still a couple of games to be played before the road trip.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 24m24 minutes ago
Leafs don't want to be on road with only six defencemen. Tough to say who sits tomorrow in Columbus though.

Gee I wonder

hockeygeek

Apr 28, 2010
That still doesn't explain why they sent him down to play zero games with the Marlies. He could have been practising with the team all along

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
That still doesn't explain why they sent him down to play zero games with the Marlies. He could have been practising with the team all along

its nice having a real capologist on staff this year for the first time.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006

To save money, while they are in Toronto they just have to call down the road and get a D man from the Marlies, why he didn't play with the Marlies I guess was so he didn't get hurt.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Jonas Siegel
@jonasTSN1050
Stuart Percy recalled from the Marlies. Likely just as an extra D for trip to Columbus.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 24m24 minutes ago
Leafs don't want to be on road with only six defencemen. Tough to say who sits tomorrow in Columbus though.

Gee I wonder

As I said in the Gardiner thread, it doesn't make sense to either Jake, Rielly or Gardiner to sit out.

Gardiner as a 7th D man/4th line winger. Offenceman is better than in and out of the line up for either of these 3.

This sets up our players to succeed, and it is good for development.

Percy is too good to not play for this defence, and is only going to get better with consistent playing.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
As I said in the Gardiner thread, it doesn't make sense to either Jake, Rielly or Gardiner to sit out.

Gardiner as a 7th D man/4th line winger. Offenceman is better than in and out of the line up for either of these 3.

This sets up our players to succeed, and it is good for development.

Percy is too good to not play for this defence, and is only going to get better with consistent playing.

So who sits, Franson or Robidas? ;)

hockeygeek

Apr 28, 2010
its nice having a real capologist on staff this year for the first time.
If this capologist was really on top of it he should probably say something about that guy that's on the roster but will probably never play. That's a nice waste of cap space. Play him or cut bait

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
my god, must every little roster move be second guessed to death?

I'm not saying the guys running the hockey team are perfect, but I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt on this nothing call up of Percy. I'm sure there is a reason. They don't have to tell us what it is right now!

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
So who sits, Franson or Robidas? ;)

Seriously the Leafs should hire me, I am giving them great ideas for free. Some of the things I have posted here, they would have saved a tonne of time and money if they read my posts.

But I am being immodest, and this will bring on an avalanche of dislike my way so I will stop just there. ;)

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
my god, must every little roster move be second guessed to death?

I'm not saying the guys running the hockey team are perfect, but I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt on this nothing call up of Percy. I'm sure there is a reason. They don't have to tell us what it is right now!

Yes! Percy recalled, Kadri being showcased on the top line, Gardiner being showcased against Buffalo....

Kadri, Gardiner, Franson, and a 2nd for Staal and Sekera confirmed you guys!

:sarcasm:

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Not sure why some people are so confused. Can't go on the road with just 6 D men. What happens if one gets hurt during practice? Need to have an extra, just in case.

TOG26

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
I missed the point of that...or was there a point to that?

Cap space the most likely thing. With the Leafs playing at home they really didn't need to carry 7-dmen, since they can call one up with no delay. On the road now they probably don't want to get caught short players with a couple d-men banged up.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario

Oh ok. Makes much more sense, thanks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad