Recalled/Assigned: Percy recalled

Jamesbay

Oct 19, 2014
It's for the best. We shouldn't allow him to be ruined by Carlyle and this loser team this year.

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
I'm finished with this team.the most promising defensive prospect and probably top 3D on the team gets demoted.Who the hell is running this team,Homer Simpson?

Rayzorexe

Meh..
Dec 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
I like it. Percy wasn't going to get the playing time while Carlyle continues to switch Him and Gardiner in and out the line up/ Using 7 D.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
This is the smartest move I've seen yet. This ship is going down. And Percy got onto a lifeboat.

Lol.
There are only so many lifeboats on the Titanic and if not for the Sabres we'd already be at the bottom of the Atlantic.

GoodNewfieBoy

We got a guy
Oct 17, 2007
Calgary
I was hoping this would happen. Let him be the number one on the farm and get him away from this mess before he's ruined too.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I think the rebuild has begun. We need to showcase the guys we are selling. We'll see him again soon once we have sold some guys off though. Same with Granberg most likely.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
I'm finished with this team.the most promising defensive prospect and probably top 3D on the team gets demoted.Who the hell is running this team,Homer Simpson?

My first reaction. And lol at the Homer comment.

This is the smartest move I've seen yet. This ship is going down. And Percy got onto a lifeboat.

But I think it is a good move. I have been very pleased with him but a young unproven player like him do better in a functional system with players around him that seem to care. He have at least showed he is capable of playing in the NHL and part of our future.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Wow really doom and gloom here lately eh.

Basically a roller coaster of emotions that twists and turns on a game by game basis.

Not surprised by the move though, give Percy the minutes he deserves down in the AHL, instead of riding pine for the majority of the season.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Percy's NHL career has gotten off to an impressive start, as he shows promise in what appears to be a successful draft pick.

However it was never the plan to keep him in the pressbox or limited minutes as a #7 dman dressing for limited minutes.

Percy's development would be better served by playing top pairing minutes and specialty teams play in the AHL. That is why he has been sent down.

He can be recalled in a minutes notice so its not like this is a permanent decision here.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
People overreacting about saving him from the titanic because we're 3-4-1 LOL... what a bunch of melodramatic people. Get a grip.

Percy hasn't been as good as he was at the start of the season, and it's better to have him playing every game rather than being in and out of the lineup.

I would assume (and hope) that this means the Leafs are going to call up an actual decent 4th liner. The Marlies don't play for another week so it's not like they sent him down to play a few games over the weekend, and Percy gone means Carlyle can no longer dress 7D and now needs to play a full 4th line. I wouldn't mind Bodie. He can barely even play for the Marlies because of the 5 veterans rule so you might as well have him with the Leafs.

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
When he was playing 20 mins a game he played great.First the pressbox,then 7D,then 10 mins a game,what is going on.It has to be a tank.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Booth is due back and they won't expose Ashton or Frattin to waivers, so I would assume they will reactivate Booth this week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad