Post-Game Talk: | Pens win | 2 -1 series lead | All you Negative Nancy's can suck it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I learned something new this series. Apparently the Rangers never lose because they were outplayed, they only lose because the ref favors the other team. At least that's what it seems based on the main boards.

I feel dumber reading those people on the main boards. Apparently the 1st goal was purely gifted to the Penguins because they're Bettman's team and the 4th goal was caused by a should-be penalty on Boyle.

It's just astounding how biased they are. It's just incomprehensible how they're incapable of critically evaluating their own team and instead just make excuses and act like the league is out to get them.

barbosa

Mar 21, 2016
Pittsburgh
Quick thoughts:
58 was awful tonight
71 made a key play or two but was nearly as awful
Depth scoring was huge, obviously (and finally)
King Louis: can't ask for more just hold the line
My heart kinda broke in the 2nd because I lost faith in this teams' resiliency but that's on me!
Someone remind me any second I spend on the main SCF Series thread is a complete waste of time, please
I may be wrong but I have a suspicion that having home-ice matchups PERHAPS could have played a factor in gm 3, and I'm giving a backhand compliment to Sully for that (not like me to compliment him).
Love 16's heart. Body made of glass but he still throws it around and draws penalties.
It maybe wishful thinking, but could we get in Shesty's head like we did Hank's?? We owned Hank. Chased him from numerous games in both reg season and playoffs. Wouldn't be much better than to do the same with Hunchback
LGP LET'S GO F YEAH!!!!

Reactions: bigkam and Peat

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
THAT... was a f***ing game that messes with your heart. :laugh: Enjoyed some family time and the game was a rollercoaster. Seeing Erod come alive was fantastic.

This rangers team really f***ing sucks when Sheterkin isn’t bailing their asses out.

Getting beat by our f***ing AHL goalie.

I said in the regular season series when they beat us that they turn the puck over SO much. They turn the puck over a lot in the d-zone. It's shocking. But in watching the QUALITY of hockey, I see it matching up to everything except Tampa/Toronto so far. So it's been interesting.

barbosa

Mar 21, 2016
Pittsburgh
I feel dumber reading those people on the main boards. Apparently the 1st goal was purely gifted to the Penguins because they're Bettman's team and the 4th goal was caused by a should-be penalty on Boyle.

It's just astounding how biased they are. It's just incomprehensible how they're incapable of critically evaluating their own team and instead just make excuses and act like the league is out to get them.
Do yourself a favor and don't try to make sense of such an entitled, subjected fanbase in all of sports. NY fans are the absolute worst...and most ignorant.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

I saw the crying about the first goal, but I missed them commenting on the E-Rod goal setup by Boyle. How in the f***ing hell is what Boyle did a penalty?

Like, this is the same fanbase who swears until they're blue in the face that Lindgren's hit on Rakell is legal, yet they think what Boyle did on that play is outside the rules?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I saw the crying about the first goal, but I missed them commenting on the E-Rod goal setup by Boyle. How in the f***ing hell is what Boyle did a penalty?

Like, this is the same fanbase who swears until they're blue in the face that Lindgren's hit on Rakell is legal, yet they think what Boyle did on that play is outside the rules?

Apparently hitting a Rangers player and causing them to fall over is a penalty now. Who knew?

I honestly don't know if there is a more baselessly entitled fanbase than Rangers fans. It's even more than Leafs fans, because Leafs fans are at least capable of critically evaluating their team. Nothing is ever the Rangers fault, it's always rigged against them.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

I didn’t really care about winning this series. But now that we’ve shown we should win it and the Rags fans on the main board acting the way they are, I hope we crush them Monday.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
That win ensured that win or lose, this series will not end in complete embarrassment.

There is a feeling around this team though. If guys like Heinen and ERod come around right now, they may be able to make a run.

Reactions: tom_servo

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
That win ensured that win or lose, this series will not end in complete embarrassment.

There is a feeling around this team though. If guys like Heinen and ERod come around right now, they may be able to make a run.

Kappy says…. How about me? But yeah. Winning with Domingue… and Shesterkin getting pulled… and surviving an absolute meltdown in the second…. and three Rags PPs in the third….

Let’s see if Zucker can survive two games in a row - loved his hits on Fox in the 1st period. This has to be a thing going forward. Only more of it, with more players joining in.

BmxHockey

Jan 4, 2012
San Diego
ERod waking up was huge. Boyle was a monster. Carter was straight pipe through the neutral zone to the net every shift. Those three were the difference.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Kappy says…. How about me? But yeah. Winning with Domingue… and Shesterkin getting pulled… and surviving an absolute meltdown in the second…. and three Rags PPs in the third….

Let’s see if Zucker can survive two games in a row - loved his hits on Fox in the 1st period. This has to be a thing going forward. Only more of it, with more players joining in.

Honestly, Zucker's play was a tremendous boost. As much shit as I give him (in part because he can't stay healthy), he was one of the guys setting the tone physically tonight and was just a buzzsaw.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Rangers fans that are adamant that their team isn't simply a flawed club propped up by an elite goalie are in for some real tough pills to swallow if Shesterkin settles into being mediocre.

Or adamant that their team is only beginning its ascendancy. Maybe it is, or maybe this is as good as it gets for a while. Aside from Fox and maybe Miller the kids are not carrying that team. They have a great core of 30-year olds and a once very promising group of third liners. Fox is great and I like Miller. Shesty, like you say, isn't fully proven. We'll see with him.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Jesus CHRIST what an emotional roller coaster. What in the crap did i just watch

Dear god, those were the very words running through my mind when I turned off the tv

parks-and-rec-nick-offerman.gif

We're all used to the Pens ups and downs. Insane tidal waves of offense followed by absolutely bombs where they just vanish in the next 10 minutes. But that was a new level of insanity. Going from 1. E Rod turning into super man to 2. E Rod nearly scoring into his own net from 150 feet. Then you had 1. Chasing the unassailable Shesterkin to 2. that comedy routine from Letang throwing his own stick in the air, tackling his man, and then pushing the net. Tonight was some next level weird shit. Even for this team.

Once my wife ran the defib on me and my heart restarted, I had many, many questions

1. How on earth does Sullivan not use a timeout at 4-3 when its clear were were MIA in the second period? We went almost 7 minutes at 4-1, getting caved on chances, and then give up two in 2 minutes. All the warning signs were there and then the lead was basically gone. FFS, just call a TO and dent their momentum! Just do something, ANYTHING resembling game management. Then we get treated to that comedy goal from Copp, and were all left staring into the abyss.

2. Igor Sherterkin was chased from this game, and Louis f***ing Domingue made the clutch saves down the stretch. A month ago "Igor" was waving us off the ice like we were a joke. Eat shit, you cocky bitch. And then a quick glance at the Rangers board shows they're fuming with....Georgiev. For what, exactly? One soft goal? Domingue must be in their heads a little. Not because he's unbeatable. But bc Mr. Spicy Pork who was meant to be sitting on his ass this spring just played them into a 2-1 hole.

3. The mini-collapse at the start was interesting. Against the Isles in 2019 and Habs in 202, we've had a very early goal in a loud, playoff building that tore the roof off the place. Only to give one up right afterward. It happened tonight and it didnt matter because we then grabbed the next three. And it was the 3rd and 4th line guys that went nuts

4. Speaking of which, E Rod. What the hell? That 4th goal was so smooth, and he suddenly looked like he had his mojo back after 4 months. PLEASE tell me this guy is getting it going. E Rod, Carter, Zucker and Heinen deserve massive props tonight.

5. Heinen scored with 9 minutes left, and the team went with a lower risk style, breaking up the NZ, and gave the Rangers almost nothing the rest of the way. And we were still winning puck battles, working in the corners, and keeping our foot on the gas. I only say this, because IT CAN BE DONE. Sometimes it feels like this team only gets huge leads to fritter them away.

I know its an aphorism, but in every sense of the word "that was Pens Hockey". All of it. The quick strike offense. The complete collapse. The coach sitting on his hands. The (likely) Coach and Captain slapping sense into everyone in the 2nd INT and flipping the switch. I hate the way they got there, but it's definitely a game none of us will ever forget.

And if they can just forget the bad parts, and remember they can score in bunches, I love our chances on Monday.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Giving up the tying goal on a SHG is a big sin to me. In that situation it was a pure miscarriage of duty. And Erod, great night as he had, almost became a goat for future highlight reels of shame.

Nice to see this team still has the critical ability to dust themselves off and get back on the horse.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Great post. Just… don’t forget the bad parts… learn from them and don’t repeat?
Haha, yes, that's putting it much better. Dont forget that they happened entirely, just more of a "we all know why the second was crap, lets burn the tapes and move on" kind of thing.

Besides, the guy that most needs to remember is Sullivan, so he can start barking at them and switch up our tactics. And at this point, he's seen the Pens lose a big lead like this while coasting off an early lead too many times not to see it coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad