Post-Game Talk: | Pens win | 2 -1 series lead | All you Negative Nancy's can suck it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Invalid cuz QoC

Jan 30, 2017
Anyone that thinks Malkin won’t be resigned with the Pens on a new contract for next season, I’ll take the other side of that bet. Even if he has zero points the rest
Of this series and people hate on him.

It’s a slam dunk bet. If you don’t see why that would be, I’m surprised.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
If Letang would just focus on being a defensive defenseman that is elite in transition he’d be the #1 player in the league in that role.

Instead he chases points and is inconsistent and barely an all star.

Reactions: bigkam

Fordy

May 28, 2008
why are you people talking about contracts. wrong thread. geno and letang are carrying this team through 3 games. it's 0-3 without them

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Anyone that thinks Malkin won’t be resigned with the Pens on a new contract for next season, I’ll take the other side of that bet. Even if he has zero points the rest
Of this series and people hate on him.

It’s a slam dunk bet. If you don’t see why that would be, I’m surprised.

He might be resigned to sell tickets. Lots of people who pay money to see the game want to see a win. I’m not sure he helps it this point and moving forward.

Let’s get younger. Let’s not be Detroit.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
was i unclear? i don't mean to exclude crosby or jake, or anyone. but we are no where without all of them playing at this level right now

Malkin and Letang have objectively not carried this team through 3 games. That's an absurd suggestion.

Malkin and Letang have played nowhere even close to their capabilities in this series. Regardless of how bad or mediocre you think they have been, they are far off from their capabilities.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Malkin and Letang have objectively not carried this team through 3 games. That's an absurd suggestion.

Malkin and Letang have played nowhere even close to their capabilities in this series. Regardless of how bad or mediocre you think they have been, they are far off from their capabilities.
ok i disagree, i think they've been huge

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Yeah, line 1 is carrying the team. Letang was great in game one and was poor in game 2 and 3. L2 has been solid and Malkin had a hand in the winning goals but he hasn't carried the team yet. He and Crosby were a sight in the third period tonight, though. Lot of pressure in that moment and they came through with great shifts.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Malkin has an OT winner and set up the goal today that won the game..

Fordy

May 28, 2008
please excuse me for using the word carrying, i'm too excitable. letang and geno have made crucial plays and played big time minutes

Fordy

May 28, 2008
forgive me, malkin isn't carrying, he's just making big time plays at crucial junctions

i would say he's carrying his line if that's okay to say. maybe i'm too hyped up

Reactions: Peat

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Glad we won, and sent Igor packing! I like that we got in his face and didn't make life easy for him.

I was one of those that predicted Rangers in 5, or Pens in 7. To my defense, we weren't doing much the last 20 games of the season.

Domingue...
What's with our goalies and a weak glove hand? After letting in a few soft ones, he came up big with that that save in the 3rd period, and the team responded and scored a big goal!

Malkin...
I'm not worried. Even during our solid years, we had series where sometimes one or the other (Crosby/Malkin) was being ineffective. Of course, if we lose to the Rangers, then yeah, I don't think Malkin will be back.

PP...
We really need to retool our 1st unit! I'm thinking Sully maybe avoiding bruising big egos, but that can only last so long.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
+last minute decision to go. Crowd was AWESOME.
+secondary scoring. Couldn’t lose this game with that kind of production from those guys.
+Sid had some absolute vintage shifts in the third. Unreal possession. Guy is still at the top.
+pretty sure I called Heinen scoring a huge goal for us.
+EGOD. My boy.
+what a story Louie is.

Invalid cuz QoC

Jan 30, 2017
A lot of posters just want to die on the hill they are standing on to make a point. You state extremes and have to stick to them until You are right. Eventually you end up being right, but by then nobody cares.

Do superstars age and not play the same as they did when they were younger? Let me get Sherlock Holmes in here to figure this out.

Enjoy the playoffs instead of making bold statements that you have no control over anyways.

Let’s watch the Pens make their way to round 2!

Reactions: vodeni

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Very nice to see the PIT crowd totally intimidating Igor. Not a good place to play if you are the most valuable NHL player in WAR, but weak minded. I do love PIT getting revenge on NYR for ruining their playoffs for so many years. Old men can still do it, is the lesson today. ERod has returned.

Just remember that neither team isn't anywhere close to good enough to win the cup, so please stop with the "I told you so" attitudes.
ENJOY THE WIN.

Reactions: Invalid cuz QoC

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
Going into the playoffs everyone was saying how this postseason didn’t matter bc we shouldn’t even be here and were going to get swept etc. bc we are old and suck and just a bad team. Now we are up 2-1 while missing a top 6 winger, top 4 D-man and our top 2 goalies and the same people are criticizing all the remaining players lol.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Going into the playoffs everyone was saying how this postseason didn’t matter bc we shouldn’t even be here and were going to get swept etc. bc we are old and suck and just a bad team. Now we are up 2-1 while missing a top 6 winger, top 4 D-man and our top 2 goalies and the same people are criticizing all the remaining players lol.
weird don't you think?

Reactions: Invalid cuz QoC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad