Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Yotes | Blowout win | Boyle: “Hey Sid, hold my beer and watch this!”

What was better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I feel like playing in a competitive league would allow me to be a better player and better person, so I demand Sully put me on the half-wall on PP1. It's for my own development, and you don't want to hinder that, do you?

Sometimes I read Reddit and think “wow there is some good advice here” and then I see stuff like this or the chick who did the Antiwork interview on Fox and think wow I’m taking advice from these psychopaths.

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Sometimes I read Reddit and think “wow there is some good advice here” and then I see stuff like this or the chick who did the Antiwork interview on Fox and think wow I’m taking advice from these psychopaths.

Honestly the only thing I read on reddit is r/AskHistorians and even then, there's like a weekly situation where a redditor who's into Atlantis and phrenology asks "Why don't college professors teach us about Mu and the Pnakotic Manuscripts written on the Cursed Plateau of Leng" and it gets hundreds of upvotes until the mods delete it. :laugh:

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
What a work of art. So many emotions in those few moments. He wants to be respectful to the opposition, but knows what he did is absurd. He can scarcely believe it actually worked, but he does it enough in practice he's not surprised. From out of the game to scoring highlight reel goals - god this is a beautiful sport. This gif should be in the Penguins Criterion collection.

That was a Hoover Dam level of hold-back. Made the moment that much better. Not unlike Marek Malik back in 05 after pulling that move in the shootout.

I think we found PensX's reddit name.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I've not read the thread yet except the first few posts. Currently learning how to take screen captures of videos and turn them into gifs. Here's a few from last night:

s8JuERr.gif

KJu9NMw.gif

nN2M9ga.gif

I've also got them as mp4 files on Imgur but can't figure out how to get them to be high quality gifs.
High quality GIFs probably require full versions of proper software. The mainstream upload sites will always nerf you. They are shockingly huge in size too.

I think with hockey clips you're better off just making short video clips and uploading them to Streamable. Recommend a screen recorder like Bandicam. The clip will end up smaller in size than the GIF.
Plus clips have the added benefit of a pause feature, so they don't have to run forever and be obnoxious.

If it's a GDT you're making however, I agree you need GIFs.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Considering who he's up against it's probably not possible barring a rash of "lucky" injuries.

But it's Sid so you never say never.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Boyle has some serious Eric Fehr role-playing vibes going. Solid defensively, large wing-span, and most importantly does not waste his chances. If he gets to play in the post season, he's going to score an important goal or two if we can make it past round 1.

Reactions: spcastlemagic

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Boyle has scored more 5v5 goals/60min than Crosby, Carter, Rust, ERod, and Heinen.

Only Jake, Zohorna, Kappy, Malkin and McGinn are ahead of him. I think that it is an insult to compare that to anything Eric Fehr ever did.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
I've not read the thread yet except the first few posts. Currently learning how to take screen captures of videos and turn them into gifs. Here's a few from last night:

nN2M9ga.gif

I've also got them as mp4 files on Imgur but can't figure out how to get them to be high quality gifs.

Incredible, thanks for grabbing those.

The Boyle, celebration, all tight lipped and stoic, but looking a little cheeky as the crowd goes nuts reminded me a bit of this.

vMzpBP.gif

Though I love the smirk on Boyle's face. To think this guy was a freakin tryout. And now he's having the time of his life, scoring goals like that. Dude is an absolute beauty.

Last edited:
Reactions: spcastlemagic

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Honestly the only thing I read on reddit is r/AskHistorians and even then, there's like a weekly situation where a redditor who's into Atlantis and phrenology asks "Why don't college professors teach us about Mu and the Pnakotic Manuscripts written on the Cursed Plateau of Leng" and it gets hundreds of upvotes until the mods delete it. :laugh:
The biggest downside to the internet: there have always been nutcases among us. Not so crazy they can't function but clearly crazy. The internet has connected these people. And not for the better. So now we have conspiracy theories mainstreamed. Cool.....

Reactions: Extra Texture
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad