Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Yotes | Blowout win | Boyle: “Hey Sid, hold my beer and watch this!”

What was better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
This is a no Brainer well especially with Blue out. Boyle is a pretty good 4C.

Simon should be benched. ZAR stays in cause I don't know if DOC is enough to dethrone

Hmm, I agree in theory, but it's possible he's been so effective in the games he's dressed for has been aided by *not* being in the lineup each night. There's a good chance we'll find out.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Ya know the people that watch Boyle realize one thing. He's got a hell of a shot. I've enjoyed when he gets some space it's pretty dang lethal. ZAR doesn't even come close to his release.

Boyles issue is he's slow as molasses. But as a center with fast wings he can be effective.
You're right, he does have a hell of a shot, and a deceptive one at that. The ice explodes when the Great 8 launches one of his hypersonic missiles, Boyle almost puts you to sleep with his style.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Man was I wrong about this. Nothing pleases me more than when I'm skeptical about a move that turns out to be great.

I swear half of the people here are more concerned about being "right" (and will scream in denial when they are obviously wrong), even if it means the team being worse.
You aren't kidding, there have been like a hundred "I told you so" posts about Tanev. I dislike both sides of this argument. Tanev had a problematic term. He also has 9G, 15 points in 30 games with the Kraken, 2nd. highest on the team (before going on IR) which is superior to his successor, is still one of the better guys in the league in drawing penalties, as well as blasting the shit out of opponents on the boards, and I assure you, the #1 fan favorite in Seattle (anecdotal for sure, but Tanev jerseys are everywhere at games, even now). Turbo wasn't a perfect player and had his flaws for sure but he hardly enjoyed the best circumstances of deployment while here. I'm just kind of sick of the binary BS regularly regurgitated here. (pun intended...)

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Nah you gotta pair him with Petts/

He's playing 20 mins a night......Petts is only playing 15.

That D pair would scare me. He does the dirty work and is pretty sound defensively. Everything we probably want in Petts, I'd rather someone like him replace Petts

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
I think my idea with adding Lyubushkin would be to eat into Letang’s PK and defensive minutes.

I mean I don't disagree with taking some mins off the PK for Tanger. I just think Lyubushkin brings a lot of the things that we would like to see in Petts.

With being so tight against the cap. If your not going to give Petts minutes or sheltered minutes for that matter he's not worth 4 mil a season until 2025. I don't even believe Lyubushkin can play the same side but I think a player of his mold would serve us much better

Last edited:

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
McGinn just does more than Tanev to help us win. He's just quieter in the way he goes about it.
He's better on the PK and has better offensive instincts. Better passer too. More patience.

I realize Tanev had a great start in Seattle but who cares since he didn't play at that level here?
This isn't really a slight on Tanev, since McGinn is playing extremely well relative to his usage. Tanev was fine here.

But it is what it is. An upgrade at a cheaper cap hit.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Let's say we win the next one. Would it be the best 20 game stretch in the Crosby era? 18 of 20?

Only one I can think of that would compete is that 15 game win streak year. Idk how the other 5 games went though, on either side of it.

Reactions: Anna Pinion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad