Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Yotes | Blowout win | Boyle: “Hey Sid, hold my beer and watch this!”

What was better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Lacklustre start, lit the dynamite in the 3rd and blew up that coyote. Boyle dropped the anvil to finish it off with a between the legs goal. Great offensive flair, still need to clean up some poor defensive play.

s-9a9bfe812d2b4b9c645eecf68400ba8feed6d6c6.gif

200.gif

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Happy we got the two points against a team we had to beat…

not happy with our defensive effort and “details”…more of the same we’ve seen for the last two weeks…they don’t show the slightest inclination to tighten things up…the Yotes gave up playing in the third…

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It's interesting that the Penguins keep starting with Pettersson-Marino as their 2nd pair but keep switching to Matheson-Marino throughout the game.

Anyway, a win is a win. They dominated a bad team, which is to be expected.

Edit: actually I'm wrong, they didn't switch to Matheson-Marino, but they just kept rotating Matheson with Dumoulin, Letang and Marino to give him more ice time.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
16 SOG. You take out a couple plays and it wasn't a bad defensive effort. Of course the Yotes just sat in the neutral zone for the first half which contributed to the low shot count.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Perfect post-game gifage @Zirakzigil

I'm weirdly pumped now. Team felt so flat and like they were just waiting for things to come right in the first period. Concede a goal... come back. Concede a goal... come back. I was almost beginning to doubt by the third one but this team seems so weirdly powerful right now... so they came back, took the game over, and spent the last ten minutes like they were on a never-ending powerplay.

So many interesting adventures in mid-season Pens land.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Also I know it's been beat on already but Andrew Ladd... really?

Wasn't he a trade target for this team back when like Malone and Sykora were still on the roster?

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
16 SOG. You take out a couple plays and it wasn't a bad defensive effort. Of course the Yotes just sat in the neutral zone for the first half which contributed to the low shot count.

They were good shots though. It happens.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Brockstar is my POTG (put him with Geno!) but that Boyle goal was a lot of fun

Good to take care of business despite even being down in the third. Honestly not too worried about being lights out for all 200ft every night quite yet. Don’t want to peak too early.

When I hear the commentators said Brockstar I thought "yes, that's so terrible I love it".

It's interesting that the Penguins keep starting with Pettersson-Marino as their 2nd pair but keep switching to Matheson-Marino throughout the game.

Anyway, a win is a win. They dominated a bad team, which is to be expected.

Edit: actually I'm wrong, they didn't switch to Matheson-Marino, but they just kept rotating Matheson with Dumoulin, Letang and Marino to give him more ice time.

They used Matheson-Marino a lot post power play if the second unit didn't get out, which I like. Some aggressive blending.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Notes from an expert:

Boyle is a great 5C to slot in as 4C with injury. Just shouldn't be asked to play wing.

McGinn gives me old Max Talbot vibes (can't be the only one?). He feels like a fit for Geno's LW come playoff time. Flashes of skill with some grit and moxy.

ZAR/Simon are as bland and meh as you can get..Simon being the worst and I cant get my head around him having such a cushy spot in the lineup. Get Big Z in the line up.

Sid/Geno/Letang: I don't care the cost Hextall. These three need to ride out their careers together. Anyone that wants to dump them to try and rebuild a better team can respectfully F off. All 3 have played elite hockey for so long, they deserve it all and I thank them for giving me years of joy as a fan. I want them as lifelong Pens with their numbers hung up together. Truly magnificent. End Rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad