Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Hes our captain

Votes: 11 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

reino

Jul 20, 2019
I don't see Isles losing their last two games. Caps and Habs aren't even trying anymore. The key matchup is tomorrow's FLA-TML if FLA wins then Pens season is pretty much over.

Reactions: Andy99

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
He scored in the cbus series.
yah, I know, I was reminded watching the video, maybe the happiest we've ever seen Kessel. My son and I were on the glass in Van that year, Hains was right in front of us doing all his pregame stretches, looking menacing. Dude was scary and big. We need more guys like that.

trader997

Oct 17, 2008
Montreal
It's a shame to see the train derail so many times this year. The 3 games we lost to freakin Montreal alone should get the coaching staff canned. With a better PP this year, the Pens would be in. I was watching randomly a PP from 4-5 years ago with Kessel on it and it's incredible how much he made a difference on the PP.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Of course we would start playing solid hockey only after our fate is no longer in our hands. Only 3 high danger chances against is a nice change and so is making the most of our chances for once. Sid finally with a big game against Seider but it would be nice if Sully tried to avoid match-ups a bit more when things don't work out well.

Too bad it might not matter in the end because we threw so many points away.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I don't see Isles losing their last two games. Caps and Habs aren't even trying anymore. The key matchup is tomorrow's FLA-TML if FLA wins then Pens season is pretty much over.
The Panthers don't even need to win their remaining two games. They just need to accrue three points. Same with the Islanders.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
It's not that Pittsburgh is playing exceptional hockey, they're beating up on tomato cans. Even the game against the wild they were without their best player. That's not to say we didn't play a good game, we did. But you got to consider the opponent and their respective limitations. Against the Devils we got obliterated. Much like as the standings indicate no matter what we do we're simply not good enough. We have to rely on other teams to help us. We just can't turn it on and off like as in years past.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
If they miss, they miss. Should have won more games. That's all there is to it. If they were good enough to win the cup, we wouldn't be worrying about this; frankly, they'll either miss the playoffs or go down against Boston in 4 or 5 games anyway. All that's really on the line is Sid's chances to inch up the all-time playoff point scoring list.

Speaking of Sid...1500 is a big number.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
F***, was hoping to wake up to at least one win.

Here goes again on Monday. Washington and Toronto.
the Caps are done, sorry…they ain’t putting in the hard work it’s gonna take to crack Sorokin and the Isles defense…hopefully Toronto has a hate on for their division rival Florida and wants to prevent them from making the dance at all costs lol

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
the Caps are done, sorry…they ain’t putting in the hard work it’s gonna take to crack Sorokin and the Isles defense…hopefully Toronto has a hate on for their division rival Florida and wants to prevent them from making the dance at all costs lol
nope, the play off train left Pittsburgh station long time ago. I was pretty sure in that since the all star berak as I am sure now. In sports there is something like universal order where things are just lined up in certain way. Everything Pens did this year screamed this is the year they finally fell off the wagon...Every opportunity thet had to right the ship was missed, the players were indoctrinated by stupid shit from their coaching staff in belief that they are always on the right track, that change is not needed cause xG are there, just one of those things that anyone that wanted to see could see unraveling, slowly but surely..Got to pick my team to root for this year...probably someone from the Western conference

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Caps started off ok yesterday against Florida. Feel like Toronto has even less to play for, their matchup is already decided. NJD winning could have been nice to keep the Canes gunning for that #1 spot, but Bruins are gonna Bruin

Reactions: Gurglesons

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
if FLA wins then Pens season is pretty much over.

I can't remember a time ever where I couldn't wait for a season to end. Good for Florida, hope they do it.

Im sure next year we'll feel the same as Sullivan and Sleepy continue to find new ways to embarrass themselves next year.

Reactions: Andy99

TKalltheTime

KILLER PARTIES, ALMOST KILLED ME!
Jan 5, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
Going to miss the playoffs.
Didn’t bother to move any of the players they should have to gain assets in return.
Instead spent assets to be sacked with beyond useless Granlund for ANOTHER 2 years at 5 million per.
Still having to deal with seeing the moronic PR and social media vomit being pumped out around this shit team and organization.

This has been one of the most embarrassing years in penguins history… bravo.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Knick knack paddy whack, give zero f***s bro.

Cool now look at 6yrs worth of bad Coaching and try to catch up with that.

Dude I know sullivan is the teams biggest issue. I have wanted him gone for years.

I also know Jarry probably rebounds with another team into a really good goalie. But you cant say he is blameless. And you cant say you arent concerned about injuries. He has missed so many random games to injuries this past year.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Florida still play Carolina too.
The question is whether Carolina will even care about that game. They might not need to win it to win the division.

One good bit of news regarding tomorrow's game is that I checked the box score for Toronto/Montreal and it looks like Toronto didn't rest anybody. They had nothing to play for last night but still played their big guys.

Hopefully they will do the same tomorrow.

As for the Isles/Caps matchup, that is at least in Washington and hopefully Ovechkin will play.

One way or the other it's all gonna be over soon.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
The question is whether Carolina will even care about that game. They might not need to win it to win the division.

One good bit of news regarding tomorrow's game is that I checked the box score for Toronto/Montreal and it looks like Toronto didn't rest anybody. They had nothing to play for last night but still played their big guys.

Hopefully they will do the same tomorrow.

As for the Isles/Caps matchup, that is at least in Washington and hopefully Ovechkin will play.

One way or the other it's all gonna be over soon.
7-1 win for the Leafs with everything already decided for them last night. Clearly players don't mail it in as easily as people claim.
I watched that Caps game. Nothing about their effort was flaccid. They were just shorthanded and are bad.
The Flames just got knocked off by the Nucks with their season on the line. Detroit didn't roll over yesterday either. We just played super well defensively.

These guys are athletes. They enjoy competing by nature. Besides, the Leafs have so much skill that they basically just need a high % shooting night and they got good odds tomorrow.

I don't think our main obstacle is the schedule. The goalies are what's screwing us now. Lyon's playing Vezina caliber hockey in the last 6 and Sorokin's arguably the best in the league.
If Bob was in net for those games then we're probably in the lead right now. He came out of the lineup at the worst possible time for us.

Reactions: Pancakes

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
If Boston get Sorokin-ed and eliminated, it would serve them right for defeating their easiest possible opponent in a meaningless game.

I watched the Caps too. Seemed like Wilson wanted to help the Pens the most, the idiot. I felt so conflicted.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I don't see Isles losing their last two games. two games. Caps and Habs aren't even trying anymore. The key matchup is tomorrow's FLA-TML if FLA wins then Pens season is pretty much over.

its-been-a-long-time-joe-goldberg.gif

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Dude I know sullivan is the teams biggest issue. I have wanted him gone for years.

I also know Jarry probably rebounds with another team into a really good goalie. But you cant say he is blameless. And you cant say you arent concerned about injuries. He has missed so many random games to injuries this past year.

Every goalie we've had have gone through bad injuries because this sad squad can't clear the crease to save it's life.

Reactions: Darren McCord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad